Has Rovio abandoned AB2?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Has Rovio abandoned AB2?

• We know Rovio has stopped supporting the Apple IOS. How about the windows 10 platform? Got people in our clan who have had to reinstall the game several times to get it to work properly. Still lots of bugs in the game.

And keeping good clan players is a major effort. Seems we get the usual slackers who just want to be in a clan, but not participate in the CVC battles. Down to 23 core people.

Or maybe its just the game play itself. Arena is a joke now.. Mighty Eagle is becoming one. Couldn’t even get past the 3rd room today. Had birds bouncing off pigs. Extra birds launching when I was trying to drop Matilde’s egg, and the blues launch when I triggered boomer.  I don’t like wasting birds like that.

So have they abandoned us? Did they leave the game up and running in case some fool decides to buy gems? Or what do you think is going on with the game?

I know a lot of folks have quit already.. wondering if its time to do so myself. And I am level 63, with FP of 680.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Replies
  • Shuckle
    @shuckle

It is very interesting what they will do with the clan battles!?

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

The game worked fine up until the mebc season ended at the end of may / begining of june time, (see my thread “Constant crashing”)

after that the game works about 1 week in 4, (not necessarily 7 days in a row), i play on pc and tablet and they don’t work at the same time either

however they both work while not connected to the internet, so all you can do is play the campaign, the dc and kpp, oh and open chests but not the main modes, so pretty useless

and now (on Android) the last 2 days, mebc no longer gives frame points, it doesn’t even give the fanfare splash screen with the top 3 players

but i expect they still want you to buy gem packages :/

Wil-D
    @wil-d

Rovio are still supporting the mobile version of AB2 on both iOS and Android, thus still receiving regular updates. On the other hand, the game is totally different for the Windows 10 platform. Have you ever considered playing the new Arena in the mobile version of the game?

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

I didn’t make it clear, i use win 10 pc, win 10 tablrt and android phone, the win 10 version worked fine up until about may and still does while offline but rarely online

the android version works fine all the time, haveing said that 1 of the times i logged in today it got stuck in a feedback loop giving my birds the straw hat (which i’ve owned for ages) and upgrading the catapult and wouldn’t stop until i force closed it

tho that could’ve been something to do with todays update, come on rovio, get your **** together

Wil-D
    @wil-d

Since the game for the Windows 10 platform is a port of the mobile version of AB2, they don’t update now. It’s difficult to update to a newer version, in which the new Arena is included. The old, classic Arena’s final appearance was in v. 2.47.0. In present comparison, the current version no. is 2.56.0 in the mobile version, which is 11 versions ahead of the Windows 10 version (v. 2.45.0).

So Rovio may have abandoned AB2 for the Windows 10 platform?

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

Then why bother keeping it in the MS store ?

i lost 1000 feathers today (feather frenzy) after feeding the hatchling. i gave the feathers to Terrance, he went up a level, got feather bonus +1700, the game then immediatly crashed and after logging back in, the hatchling had been fed but Terrance had reset back to the level and xp he was before.

the other day i spent my last 500 black pearls on the last camping hat, i got the annimation for the catapult upgrading, the game then crashed and after logging back in the pearls had been spent but the hat had not been acquired and thats not the first time i’d failed to aquire it, idk why i bother >_<

Wil-D
    @wil-d

Some don’t play the mobile version of AB2; some may prefer the mouse over the touchscreen. There’s a press release from Rovio dated back to Aug. 2019 when at the same time they unveiled a new version of Angry Bird Friends for the Windows 10 platform; that game was later transitioned into such a format across all other platforms. AB2 followed in late Aug. or early Sept. of that year for Windows 10.

The game has never been properly optimized for the same platform. I suggest you stick with Android.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

well I was given a broken tablet last week. I fixed it yesterday (replaced the screen), Nice 10.1 inch screen. Loaded AB2 and trying it out.. other than its a little slow between maps, the game play itself seems a LOT better than win 10.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

I am starting to think They have abandoned AB2 completely and have it on line only in case some one is dumb enough to buy gems.

I just repaired a nice 10 inch tablet and loaded AB2 on it. Android.

For 2 days I played the heck out of it trying to unlock all the birds and 1 extra bird.

I have access to the Arena, clans and daily challenges. For clans I have tried for 2 days to find the one my AB2 game on my desktop is in, and it never shows up. We have 32 out of 50 people in it.
    Daily bird challenge gives Arena tickets as the prize (that sucks).

The daily tasks has 6 items. One is claim your 70 day letter (it wants me to buy one).  Nope.. not going to do that. It has another that says “watch a video”, yet no videos are available when I hit it..  No access to Mighty eagle boot camp yet.. Says play a clan event but since I cannot find my clan, why bother joining just any clan?

So I can’t finish 2 of the 6 items.

After 3 days of playing, this game is level 81 now, most birds are level 7 or higher, with map room 73 next.

Not impressed by what I am seeing and how half of it is not even working.

Wil-D
    @wil-d

Mobile AB2 and Windows 10 AB2 are completely different games. Your clan was merely created in the Windows 10 version. Once you pass the day 3 of your account, you’ll be able to see the Mighty Eagle Bootcamp (required to complete level 36) in the main menu. The Arena tickets reward is part of Daily Challenge Streak, when you complete the 1st streak of DC.

Like I’ve stated here, Rovio do update AB2 regularly because they’re usually focusing on mobile gaming. Check the game’s fan page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/angrybirds2

I think you’re new to the mobile version of AB2. Welcome!

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

Well I can tell you this: As many bugs that are in Win 10, this android version so far is worse.

The game is barely functional.

No videos available.

Malfunctioning birds left and right. – Blues do not separate, Matilda does not drop her eggs, little Red does not scream, boomer fails to explode,

Extra birds launch without warning as I am trying to get one of the above to work properly.

Can’t find my clan I play in, on win 10, anywhere.. and its an open clan.

Keeps begging me to buy a daily letter.. Sorry Rovio, I am not wasting good money on this lame game for gems.  And not winning any gems either.. And 2 maps so far have required them to continue..
    First hatchling is requiring 5 apples per day.. on win 10, first one was a lot less if I remember right..

I Don’t think I will keep playing the android version.. its just too screwed up.  And will probably be leaving the windows version to..

Wil-D
    @wil-d

You had a broken tablet, and the screen was repaired? How old is your tablet? Do note that AB2 requires a minimum of 2GB RAM for good performance. The problem is your device, not the game. Also, you’re not obliged to buy the Gem Letter as the game is free to play.

Almost a year ago, I abandoned my original AB2 W10 account I used to connect to Facebook, before Rowdy Rumble first appeared in the Windows 10 version.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

Wil-D, it was my sisters Galaxy Tab A tablet, 128G.  She dropped it on the corner. I had to replace the screen. The tablet itself works fine.. but I think the screen is not as sensitive as my desktop using the mouse..

Wil-D
    @wil-d

I see. I can identify that tablet as manufactured in 2019. I think an iPad touchscreen is more sensitive than a touchscreen of an Android tablet. The iPad (Wi-Fi, 32GB) is as almost the same price as the Samsung Galaxy A 10.1 (Wi-Fi, 128GB). But if you really can’t afford an iPad, it’s fine.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

I really don’t think the issue is android v ipad at all.  I think the issue is the android version just SUCKS..

Look at these 2 screen shots. 1st up is daily tasks.. First task, daily letter.. On windows version it tells you to watch a video, or some other lame easy task, if you do not spend the 10 bucks and buy the letter which gives you 70 gems each day for 30 days.

Look at the “watch a video” option. I choose that and get “no videos available” yet on windows version thats all I ever get.. Endless advert videos about Michigan’s business climate, Best Buy lap tops, or join the Coast Guard  – and I am RETIRED Navy!

Then I joined my first clan (on android) yesterday. The clan battle started at 1am local time.. When I go to the clan battle it says battle ends in 1 day 23 hours. I click on it to play my round and I get this…  “battle will start as soon as an opponent is found”. How long does it take a stupid computer to find an opponent when there are over 50 such clans available?

So far I am not happy at all with this version. It is NOT my tablet. I have another game I play on it that is just as complicated, (clash of the clans) and it works perfectly..  But Angry birds 2, just plain SUCKS on it.

No wonder people are leaving AB2

daily tasks

Wil-D
    @wil-d

On Windows version the “Watch a video!” option is not needed to complete the Daily Quests. It sometimes disappears from the Daily Quests window, which means there are 5 out of the 6 quests that are needed to complete in order to earn a reward.

In the Android version, if you haven’t made any in-app purchase for 30 days or so then you’ll see a quest called “Watch a video!” instead of “Play Mighty Eagle’s Bootcamp!” daily.

Don’t worry about issues for the current clan battle. We’re not the only ones having them. People complain about such in the Facebook group named “Angry Birds 2 Gamers”, where I’m a member. Hopefully, Rovio team will be aware of this soon.

I barely play AB2 on Android. Some people do leave the game for whatever reason, but Rovio don’t abandon mobile-based AB2.

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

My pc version suddenly started working again today, no crashes at all, even offered videos for extra stuff, all of which played fine

it’s the same every month, the first 2-3 weeks, it doesn’t offer videos and crashes every 20-30 seconds, either to desk or total freeze needing a reset

although it works fine in offline mode but not while connected to the internet

Shuckle
    @shuckle

My old samsung android tablet works fine with angry birds 2. No crashes. Just fyi.

Wil-D
    @wil-d

Furthermore, continuing to offer a very outdated version of the W10 app “Angry Birds 2” is the downside.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

well this Samsung Tab A, 10.1 screen is having issues with the game.

The blue birds are not flying apart, Little red is not screaming, and matilda is not dropping her egg when I tap on the screen.  I got screen sensitivity set to max. Not sure what else to try.. Its frustrating watching birds fly then not function properly. It is costing me points and failed attempts on maps.. end up using more birds than I need to.

Wil-D
    @wil-d

I think a screen replacement for the Samsung Tab A 10.1 is a factor. Don’t trust a third-party dealer for a repair.

BTW did you play the most recent Clan Battle?

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

yeah, I played the most recent clan battle. Joined a clan.. my 104fp bird got 5m points first try.. not so good after that.. will be checking to see if the clan won here in a few minutes..

Ottorexus
    @ottorexus

Missing Extra Birds:
    Anyone else have this issue?
    I logged in 2 hours ago and everything was normal. Then I open the game a few minutes ago and it’s got all of my extra birds locked up and says I need keys to unlock them. All my other progress is still intact but it’s like I got to level 500 without any extra birds. I don’t see any keys in my upcoming levels either.
    any help would be appreciated.
    thanks.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

Not quite that bad.. but my win 10 game is still acting screwy. The birds are not activating properly, and I constantly get double launches.

I started playing this on an android tablet last week as well. The game is completely different there.. and that game also has major issues..

This is why I think Rovio has abandoned AB2, and just keeps it running for those of us who are not smart enough to stop playing it, and they are hoping people will still buy gems.. In other words, GREED.

They cannot blame this on the COV plandemic.

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

My old samsung android tablet works fine with angry birds 2. No crashes. Just fyi.

Yeah and my Android phone version works fine too, but i am talking about the windows version fyi

speaking of which, it started slowing again today and then crashed requiring a reset, but i logged back in and it was fine again allowing me to finish everything i needed to for the day.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Has Rovio abandoned AB2?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.