Challenge Run

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Challenge Run

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 359 total)
  • Replies
  • moi
    @moifirst

@andrewinireland
    This is something I wasn’t aware of. I always thought that the offer was only valid during the current event.
    But now I don’t understand your original question unless you’ve already collected these tokens, but I assume you haven’t.

Edit (a few hours later): (Apology) tokens have nothing to do with the challenge runs, but only with the weekly events. So why post it in this topic?

__^[]^__
    @wrioter

I would really like to know what would attribute the large variances in place/scoring between the time upon the completion of the run and immediately checking the leaderboard afterwards. It almost defies reason to consider that so many people are also having a delta in their totals within that short period of time. Either the standings are quite malleable due to the overwhelming participation and interest or there is a dynamic component of NPC placeholders based on an individual score.

Perhaps the WMTs are not the only consarned double dealing no count bushwhackers in the game.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

@moifirst because the apology tokens were for issues with the Challenge Run, which is the topic of this thread.

moi
    @moifirst

@andrewinireland Thanks for clarifying this.

tek
    @teknovice

strange thing, in challenge run, there is an optimus prime on the leader board today.

and one from a while back

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

^Complete guess but I think when you see an nonpromoted Optimus here or the regular event, it is a beta tester (or bot) that is using a new character that isn’t available yet. And since the character’s image hasn’t been added to the game yet it shows the default Optimus image.

tek
    @teknovice

ah good point.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

Why is a beta tester being allowed to impact a live game? What happens when they get to play a bot that is much better than Devastator to the point they can easily win Challenge Runs using an option that is not on general release to the rest of the players on the leader-board?

Lewie4
    @lewie4

@sntrooper that isn’t quite right. Optimus shows when a player has just joined a league and the server hasn’t returned their specific devastator yet.

There are no other bots that can enter challenge run yet and when they can, beta players will be put in their own leaderboards

rey
    @snowmonkey

Is it possible to get to the higher league levels without spending a bunch of gems or do I just suck at this?

It’s so slow and numbingly repetitive – breeze through first area, squeak through second area, die from 2 hits in third area. This whole challenge thing seems like a big contrivance to get you to throw away gems.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

Tip: It turns out you don’t have to play the Challenge Run at all- you still get 10 x crates on Sunday night.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@snowmonkey

Unfortunately it’s impossible to get in the higher leagues without spending lots of gems and time. The first 2 days of the week I sometimes don’t need to recharge, rest of the days it gets harder and harder.

cuxdavide
    @davide

honestly i can’t understand why some peolpe spend all that gems and time for make more than 5 millions points for the gold league…

moi
    @moifirst

@andrewinireland Not even 1 run just to enter the leaderboard?

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

I guess you get the minimum rewards when you don’t play, so 3 legendary and 7 epic crates when you made it to the last league.

rey
    @snowmonkey

This was my first week pushing for the higher leagues, as I only recently unlocked and leveled up Devastator. Spent probably 400+ gems and way too much time getting to the gold league and wound up in 6th place. All that for one legendary crate (an upgrade to a low-level character I hate) and 9 epic crates of meh.

The whole thing felt like a slog and a waste of gems. I can’t imagine how bad this was before they sped Devastator up. Fool me once… won’t be repeating the experience.

__^[]^__
    @wrioter

I noticed bro @deindiaan in a couple of my challenge run plays last week. I don’t see any logic in starting my first challenge run until at the most an hour before the end of day. (12:00 GMT – East coast US 7:00pm soon to be 6:00 pm)

Devastator is such a bad bot. He is so fat the pigs go into orbit around his mass and he can hide seven of them by his girth. He cannot even see his own feet. He is so slow an anemic slug with a wooden leg could finish the challenge quicker. He also has extremely bad hygiene and smells like burnt transmission fluid. His secondary weapon using an antique Intel Pentium microprocessor with a floating point math bug is over 250 nanoseconds behind the game timer. His primary weapon repeatedly jams and causes data parity errors. He also is in violation of FCC/CISPR regulations and is not UL certified. He is not a bot that would be suitable around the elderly, children, or small animals.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

Last week I had 2–3 Challenge runs per day from Tuesday to Sunday and I spent at most 10 gems per day to recharge mid–run. I ended up 16th in Bronze league.

PS. My Devastator is promoted to purple.

moi
    @moifirst

@grimlockdown
    If you want to spend these 10 gems more efficiently, you’d better use them to recharge your energy after 3 runs so you can do another 3 runs. This will give you a lot more points (but also will take more of your time) than using them mid-run.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@moifirst Yeah, I know but 2–3 runs per day is maximum I’m willing to use my time to. And I use mid–run recharges only when it is almost certain that I can make to next safe area.

rey
    @snowmonkey

Based on the number of people pissing away gems for these challenge runs, Rovio has no impetus to fix Devastator or the run at the moment. But I’d be surprised if this thing is sustainable at this level of participation.

Lewie4
    @lewie4

@grimlockdown a little way off but changes are coming :)

Also it won’t be Devastator only in challenge run soon!

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@lewie4 I bit the bullet and updated ABT to the latest version (successfully) so I’ll be waiting.

Maybe the biggest problem with the Challenge run is the perception that in the first stage/area nothing kills Devastator but he kills everything with one shot. In the third stage it is the other way around. Plus runs take time (although much less than in its first incarnation [which on the other hand was more balanced regarding progressing through stages])…

Asen_77
    @asen

@lewie4 Is that mean that we will be able to choose between Devastator and Mighty, or we could use them both in one run?

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

@asen I got him in a gold crate. You can pick either one, and use both (in different runs), but not in the same turn. So one turn you can use Superion, the next one you can use Devastator and the next one you can use Superion again, or however you see fit.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Challenge Run

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 359 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.