Challenge Run

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Challenge Run

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 359 total)
  • Replies
  • Asen_77
    @asen

@optimuspig New area will gave you three new spots that will gave you coins. New area will gave you opportunity to play Challenge run. Probably wont be part of the Daily tasks if you not opened this area, but as I opened it every day in the Daily tasks I have “Play the Challenge run” and winning price is 100 sparks. So positive is all the prices that could be win in Challenge run which with constant play should be really good :)

moi
    @moifirst

@asen Thank you for your comment. Your explanation that the loss of health is caused by shots of pigs which I don’t see is a possibility, but it is strange that when I shoot a flying pig I see that I lose about half a heart (especially when I get further on in this run).
    But of course this might be some coincidence.
    However it is clear that how further you get in this run, the more powerful your enemies become.

As accessories I use Mohawk (10% fire rate), Sunglasses (5% defense), Enigma of Combination (20% defense), Ravage (explosive rounds) and Megatron (8% damage).
    All are at level 1, except Megatron (level 2).

Note: If you want to respond to this post it might take some days before I read (and possibly respond to) it, because I’ll be a few days offline from now.

Asen_77
    @asen

@moifirst I am using same as you, with only one different – I am not using Megatron, I am using Badge of Leadership Level 1 for more 5 % Defense, and my Mohawk is level 4 so gave me 14% Fire Rate and 7% Defense :). But again after all this Devastator is too leak and he is dying too easy, but for me this is part of the Challenge run.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I want my 2500 gems back. Nothing about this new area is fun. Like others have said, it’s just a long boring rehash of the spark run except you only get to use molasses slow Devastator and spend progressively more gems to revive him during each run. The reward aside from the crates, is you go to a higher level. Not enough incentive to keep playing. Also, damage in the level should count against your daily challenges, like Jenga. It seems to be a test to examine a player’s willingness to spend gems.

YAWN!

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

The Challenge Running is the gaming equivalent of watching paint dry.

For “fun” I started a run and then put my tablet to one side. When I came back, I’d scored over 70,000 points.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

From what I’ve been reading, is that the general consensus is to save your 2,500 gems and don’t waste your time on another boring meaningless grind.

Does that about sum it up?

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

Save 2500 gems? No. You can get back those gems just from 1 crate, if you lucky enough. And you can get 7 legendary crates for 2-3 place sunday (next week). Every week! And I think, every week will be alot of winners. This is a very nice update from rovio/exient. With this challenge run players can get directly legendary crates, not gold, with shadow chance get legendary from 10-30 crates. During 5 events I opened 50 gold crates and no legendary. Next day I has popup window, some bot found gold crate, and was 1700 gems inside!

For now problem with challenge run imo devastator too slow, my longest run took near 1hour! But this can be changed in the future I hope – they can speed him up, or we will be able open more slots for challenge run (ofc for gems) and use our existing bots, or new announsed bot can be used in challenge run (most probably).

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

Sounds to me like this new feature is great if you are willing to spend hours playing the game every day.   I am not any more.  I’m absolutely not interested while the only available bot is devastator.  Maybe I will change my mind if it opens up to different bots.   It’s not even really about the 2500 gems for me, which I could spend.  I still like playing this game a bit, enough  to keep doing the daily tasks, but anything that slows my runs down (slo- mo portals,  extra slow bots) or requires constant play, decreases my likelihood of  playing more.

Asen_77
    @asen

Yes, Devastator is slow, but I am not sure that other bots could be better than him. Think about a power of WMT that shooting against him and will shoot against your other bot that you will choose. Think about who will choose and how he will be against WMT? How many more shoots he will have to do before kill him and how many times WMT will shoot and will take most of your hearts. Think about that who could be your bot? For example Blaster will need several hits before take him down and will receive at least 4 shoots against him or should go on a vehicle mode? And believe me in this Challenge run, WMT is not worst! All this need to be consider and to be think about! Situation is not that simple that you will think :) Just my thoughts about that new feature!

cuxdavide
    @davide

i don’t understand how you can play for hours while my bot is destroyed after 2-3 levels cause the power of the pigs raise too fast. in the first level pigs have normal power and i can go in safe zone with near zero damage, in second level pigs start to be dangerous and i risk to die before arrive in safe zone, third level is a nightmare, just 2 shoots and i die, devastator never can dodge missiles… usually i end with 60000 to 100000 points (+ the % of promotion of course), my devastator is at level 7, emp rounds, 20% defence, 10% fire rate. hope to find some power up in next crates

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@papakarlo

Not all of us have the time to spend an entire continuous hour on a run, though.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

Devastator is a paper for WMT. And WMT is a paper for Devastator. 2hits – 2hits (after 3rd lvl). You need just be first hitting WMT. Sometimes they shooting, when you still can’t see them … Reason for spending gems … And not fair ofc. When WMT sent you gift with 2-3 fireballs, you can go take some tea, because devastator can’t avoid them. Other bots has run mode and some of them can kill WMT, and can avoid their fireballs. So they better then Devastator. But they weak against missilles or FM, against which Devastator imune. Problem imo not in game ballance but you need ALOT OF TIME now, to play your favourite game. Before this update I can spend like near 3 hours per day to finish all dayly quests and take good places in events. Now I need additional 3 hours for fighting in challenge runs. Not because of strong opponents. Not because game became more interesting. But because I can chose only one big/fat/SLOW bot for new (nice in my opinion for now) challenge run. Actually Devastator is perfect for challenge runs, but concept of ABT game development is wrong I think. Playing during years, players become very proffessional, all those 100500 level variants in or brains. We know every pig position in every spark run level, event or usual map. Better mean FASTER. But in ABT better mean slower – events give rewards every day for competition. Now challenge runs gives rewards every week (exept for reaching high lvl league). From beginning every bot can run. Now new bot can only walk. So good old player usually falling asleep after 10-20 min of such slow-mo game.

It’s ok for me, I happy that I can’t lose my score in challenge run after hour of slow-mo.

@optimuspig

Its not about time only, but also about alot of gems.

If you spending your time for job and getting good $ , you can buy gems and also be good in this or other games. You can play ABT 1min per month for fun, without spending $, and its also ok. But don’t count for top new features and abilities.

Tobyjug
    @tobyjug

So glad I didn’t spend that 2500 gems.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@tobyjug

I think they aded to whole game, not only new challenge run. Atleast I already saw them in random map fight.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

I have 2560 gems at the moment… Tricky to spend for this.. I’d better wait for a nice offer to buy some I guess

Asen_77
    @asen

Winning price for day four – Bronze league

908A073C-C07D-4834-8549-CBB67AA85BFB.jpeg

Phillips
    @phillips

@asen there are a few characters I would choose ahead of Devastator. I tried Devastator on the spark run to see if it was worth adding sparks to him. He died before getting through the second part. I have characters that can get through the entire thing without dying or at the very least get to the last part before dying so no Devastator is not the strongest bot in the game as you seem to be alluding to.

Asen_77
    @asen

@phillips I never say he is strongest. But he is not hit from falling monolith , also he is not hit from the bomb that flight, which is very big advantage in that run. If there is few land pigs that are shooting against you, or few flying pigs against you and on the screen is falling monolith, what will be your move? Probably get into vehicle mode but all the shoots against you from pigs will get you down, agree? Or other situation – two or three WMT on the screen at the same time which both can get them down immediately without being hurt and again falling monolith to hit you? Look the big picture, bot only that Devastator is slow ;). I am not defending any bot. As on you he is slow to me too and I am playing this run at about 10-15 minutes, so we are in the same gameplay. New Challenge run get at least one hour a day to be in good position for go up into next say league and took some part of your gems. This is new part of the game and everyone is free to choose to play or not to play. For me this is really interesting upgrade of the game and gave new opportunities for gameplay that is nice :). Lets see one-two weeks what prices could be earned and then to discuss is it worth. For me is worth and my expectations are with constant play and get to higher league at the end of every week, or even in the previous then higher to get at least one time gems, one or two times sparks and at least one overpower per week. So this will be pretty decent reward that deserves this game play :). And not to forget that @lewie4 mention that there will be hidden prices when we get over stone league :)

@phillips
    And about a spark run. There is a run that were with only one bot to the end, and there were with 4 dead and last to finish run. So by one run you can’t say Devastator is bad as he were dead in second part. And I will mention that nost of my spark run bots are with full accessories and higher then 18 level and one of the is on 25 level. So you can’t get results only from one run :)

Asen_77
    @asen

Did anyone that play in Bronze league today found some secret price winnings?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Something totally unrelated to the new area.

Has anyone noticed that when the Mission portals are ready to claim, it doesn’t change color from red to green, it just stays red?

Asen_77
    @asen

@optimuspig Yes, the team is aware of that, @lewie4 confirmed. I write this on the first page of this topic.

otter
    @otter

I’ll wait…seems like too many issues right now……. and not a lot people happy with it….

cuxdavide
    @davide

@asen i found nothing but i think is normal, something secret maybe sunday in the last day and maybe only in energon league (so next week cause this week, in best case, we will be in gold league)

anyway, prizes start to be interesting, 2 epic just on friday, on sunday will be fantastic :D gems are well invested for me

Asen_77
    @asen

@davide So you found 2 epic chest? How they appear?

cuxdavide
    @davide

@asen no, sorry, english isn’t my language and i write wrong.

what a want to say is: if the bronze league give 2 epic and 8 rare, can’t imagine what give gold and energon league. a total bargain for 2500 gems in the long period.

usually we take 10 gold crates with 7500 tokens or 1800 gems and there can be also zero legendary, sometime 1-2, very rare 3 legendary, then around 5-6 rare and 4-5 epic…

i think in the energon league also the last position can take at least 1 legendary and 9 epic

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Challenge Run

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 359 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.