Heatwave Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 14 replies - 176 through 189 (of 189 total)
  • Replies
  • Grimlocksmash
    @aerickson44

Load screen ads make the game crash on 33-50% of my runs. It says buying gems makes the loading ads go away. Is this permanent? I don’t buy gems yer, not sure I want to if the game will still be broken.

FWIW, I’ve used HW to smash blocks and WMTs, and I only switch to OP to shoot missiles.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Overall, I think that this was a pretty good competition. Though, it sounds like I had more objective targets on some of the days. It should have been longer to have a reasonable shot at the Crate. If I didn’t finish second on the first day, I would have played harder to get the 550 tokens each day and make sure I was in first. In the end, I spent 40 gems and had five first place and three second place finishes. I had a total of 9,690 tokens, so I picked up the Chest and Axe.

Below is my analysis of my runs after the update.

Note – I don’t know the exact names of the nodes (keep getting some of them confused). I think there are two different beach nodes, one that is all beach and one that starts at the beach, goes into a cave-like area, and then goes back to the beach. I differentiate this second type calling it Cave. Also, I think it may actually be called Forest, but I’m calling it Plains.

Day 4, Missiles:

Total runs – 26 (lost one 150% run due to an unknown video locking up on a black screen)
    Final score – 5,703
    Place – 2nd
    Average score with the 150% squad – 324
    Average score with other than the 150% squad – 164
    Final score (estimated) if I didn’t lose the run – 6,027
    Score for 550 tokens (estimated) – 10,000
    Recharges with the 150% squad needed for 550 tokens (if also 27 nodes run) – 4

Day 5, Weapon Pigs:

Total runs – 23 (lost four non-150% squad runs due to having a busy day)
    Final score – 10,611
    Place – 1st
    Average score with the 150% squad – 615
    Average score with other than the 150% squad – 343
    Final score (estimated) if I didnt lose the runs – 11,983
    Score for 550 tokens (estimated) – 18,000
    Recharges with the 150% squad needed for 550 tokens (if also 27 nodes run) – 3

Day 6, Wood Blocks:

Total runs – 29
    Regular runs – 26 (lost one 150% run due to an unknown video locking up on a black screen)
    Recharge runs – 3 (time ran out to do the fourth)
    Final score – 23,746
    Place – 1st
    Average score with the 150% squad – 1,218
    Average score with other than the 150% squad – 537
    Regular runs (estimated) if I didn’t lose the video lockup run – 20,718
    Final score if I didnt lose the video lockup run – 24,964
    Score for 550 tokens (estimated) – 40,000
    Recharges with the 150% squad needed for 550 tokens (if also 27 regular nodes run) – 4

Day 7, WMTs:

Total runs – 35
    Regular runs – 27
    Recharge runs – 8
    Final score – 13,982
    Place – 1st
    Average score with the 150% squad – 504
    Average score with other than the 150% squad – 260
    Regular runs – 9,855
    Score for 550 tokens – 12,000
    Recharges with the 150% squad needed for 550 tokens – 2

Breakdown of the quantity of WMTs at each type of node:
    Heatwave_Day_7.png

Day 8, Gold Blocks:

Total runs – 25 (lost two 150% runs due to an unknown video locking up on a black screen)
    Final score – 8,291
    Place – 2nd
    Average score with the 150% squad – 438
    Average score with other than the 150% squad – 282
    Final score (estimated) if I didnt lose the video lockup runs – 9,167
    Score for 550 tokens (estimated) – 9,000
    Recharges with the 150% squad needed for 550 tokens – 0

Breakdown of the quantity of Gold Blocks at each type of node (the blank is a node I forgot to record):
    Heatwave_Day_8.png

@gradientturtle7
    Not sure what kind of data you get from real players in the competitions, but here’s a data point for you.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@millforce2k

Looking at your info it seems you had a good comp and not like me or many others as we had 4 runs with nothing to collect countless times and therefore never had a chance to get anywhere near the crate of gems, I ended with a little over 5000

Beauregard
    @beauregard

I get those videos that lock up and turns the screen black every time I try to play more than one run without signing out of the game. And the only way to get out of it is to reboot. And now since they put those cartoon ads on, I can’t even sign out of the game without a reboot. It’s more trouble than it’s worth to play any more. Can only do about 5 or 6 runs an hour because of all the hassle. So it’s either spend all day playing, or just give up.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@beauregard if the ads ate annoying you play offline

Beauregard
    @beauregard

The ads don’t annoy me, the fact that they inhibit me during the comps (which can’t be played offline) is the problem. Especially the last comp, to even stand a chance at obtaining a good score, I would of had to devote to much time into it than most people would have since I had to reboot after every run just to get the game to work right. The ads have been a problem since they started having us spend gems to refill the runs, but now with the ads for the cartoons it has gotten worse. I use to enjoy this game, but now it’s more frustrating to play and not very enjoyable.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@paul13 Wow, hopefully they fix, for real this time, the so-called numerical imbalance for the next comp.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@millforce2k

They will not sort it as its been the same for the last few comps so can’t see them changing now lol

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

What makes no sense is why so many had no targets, but others had them. Looking back at my screen shots of the leader board shortly before the end of each day, it looks like there was only a few people with a good amount of targets on most days.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@millforce2k

I know I was the same and that was why it was crazy when most were getting low scores and the 1st & 2nd on my boards had stupid scores that were 1000’s ahead. The reason I came up with at 1st I dismissed but as the days went it became more apparent that it may have been the case. That is the top 2 on the board were plants and as such they wanted everybody to buy Gems to try and catch the leaders but they knew it was highly unlikely anybody would catch them due to the lack of content to collect. This comp was also the 1st time that whoever was P1 when I played in the mornings ended up at P1 when it ended.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@paul13,

I won my group numerous times. I’m not a plant.

If you’re going to spend gems to win, and if — as was true all days but one — the highest bonus is concentrated in a single 4-hour period, then you’re likely to spend the gems in that 4-hour period. For most people in the US, it’s probably more convenient to play a lot of runs at the beginning of the competition than at the end. So it makes sense somebody would lead wire-to-wire, or close to it.

That said, I tended to spend gems at the end of the day rather than the beginning. So I’m not in line with that example. And I still don’t know how I won on the last day, when I only spent 10 gems, then stopped playing 1 1/2 hours or so before the end.

sheepybach
    @paul13

All I’m saying is this was the 1st comp I never used any gems as they were to far in front.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@paul13,

You have my condolences. I got multiple first places spending no more than 10 + 20 gems. I think I got a first spending just 10. I’m sure I got top three finishes doing that..

sheepybach
    @paul13

@franciscrawford,
    Again the 1st time I was unable to get into the 1st 3. There was just nothing to collect on run after run. I think on the last day I did 3 comp runs of 4 and 10 had nothing to collect it was plain crazy and that is the reason I believe that P1 & P2 were not human as they were so far ahead of everybody else, 1 day I was 6th with 800+ and 3rd was just over 1000 and yet the first and second had 14,000 & 12,000. If they could get that amount we all should have been able to but nope not a chance in hell and that to me tells you a lot. Also unable to send them a pm as they blocked everybody, 6 of us tried and got the same back lol

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 14 replies - 176 through 189 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.