Heatwave Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 189 total)
  • Replies
  • Nsu
    @nsar

What up Rovio – the TFs are so weak in competitions they can barely get through a level with regular goals, then you make WMTs a goal???? They are virtually impossible to blow up in events. Most players havenot been able to get the 550 daily points since the first day of this event as it is. Its like they just want to frustrate us! This game seems to have an incredibly loyal fan base for some unidentifiable reason but this could push us over the edge into not playing ? JMO.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@nsar wrote:

“What up Rovio – the TFs are so weak in competitions they can barely get through a level with regular goals, then you make WMTs a goal????”

My first run today, I didn’t even have any to shoot at!

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@nsar

This game seems to have an incredibly loyal fan base for some unidentifiable reason but this could push us over the edge into not playing

I know, right? This game’s potential is huge, it can be so fun and addictive if they would just get it right. I keep hanging around hoping (in vain, apparently) they will…

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@pampeans I got lucky and got two of those tonight. One was after a paid recharge. The first was 1010 before bonus. The second was only 955, but I had to do a lot of driving toward the end to get out of the node before the comp ended. I’m sure it would have been higher.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@millforce2k I only had it once today, but it came at the right time.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

My first 2 runs no WMTs. Why make them targets and not provide any especially with the ridiculous pay out levels?

Geli
    @geli

Need 2510 tokens to get the chest of gems. The opportunity is there with 2 first place finishes. That would be an achievement in itself. Time to start…

OK, that sucked. WMTs score how many points? Seems like 2…
    EGrimlock will get a workout this time around.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@aliaspbj

“My first 2 runs no WMTs. Why make them targets and not provide any especially with the ridiculous pay out levels?”

What type of nodes were those? When it happened to me, it was Pig City.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Pig City is usually none or just one, rarely two. I just ran the Plains (forest?) that had two which is kinda low, followed up by the desert with the usual 10. Goldbite Grimlock didn’t do as well as he usually does.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Agreed w/ @Millforce2K that Goldbite Grimlock had a lot of trouble w/ WMTs. If I locked onto one right after it appeared and kept frying it it USUALLY blew up instead of kneeling down still alive. And if there was much in the way of delay or interference it felt like the odds swung the other way.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Today’s token levels seem to have the same pattern as yesterday’s, at 30% of yesterday’s values. E.g., 70 tokens requires 7500 points.

(I know that because I spent 10 + 20 + 40 gems while the 150% bonus squad is up. Who knew that my Level 9 Heatwave would ever be my big scorer??)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Average score on “natural” recharges = 445

Average score on gem recharges = 350

Uncanny.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

@optimuspig

Those two runs were in Pig City and the forest. I’ve since had one other zero WMT run in Pig City after a recharge. No way I’m gonna even come close to the 100 token payout. I’ll be lucky to make it to the 50 token level at this rate. Not my favorite competition when compared to the previous ones. I hope the next one where a new TF is up for grabs isn’t as lame.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Late getting up this morning and so have only just completed the overnight 4 runs.

1st Run scored 26 after 12% bonus in the Forest No WMT seen.
    2nd Run scored 68 after 25% Bonus in Pig City No WMT seen
    3er Run scored 61 after 12% bonus on the Beach No WMT seen
    4th Run scored 19 no bonus on beach No WMT seen.

Nice collection to add to my total lol. I’m still at a lose as to how you run a comp where you need to collect items and yet there are none to collect. Crazy

Raxor
    @mndc

I stopped caring about this comp since they modified the way you gain the 550 points, it was good as it is, even if not wanted.

I just got enough to get 150 gems, i’m done with this comp now.

Be brave for everyone who continues, so far it’s bullshit.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@mndc

Yes I agree its been 1 of their worst to date. Going on that I worry what the next Comp for the New Seeker Bot will be like, If it is anything like this comp then there will not be many getting the new bot that’s for sure.

loynis
    @loynis

The only objective I have decent chance on getting 550 tokens since “50 tokens give all” fix.

I woke up and saw rescue bots squad with 150% bonus. Heatwave for WMTs, optimus with explosives for the rest, dream team for this objective. Recharged twice. Had several desert nodes for 1000+ poins after bonus. Later I just picked one bot from bonus squad plus sentinel prime. Worked fine.

SoloAz
    @soloaz

This is quite literally the only instance where Heatwave or Sentinel Prime come in handy. Like many others mentioned, carry him with you and on the off chance you get a few WMTs, tag him in for the sole purpose of obliterating them. Makes a huge diff in numbers—of course, this totally hinges on whether you actually see/get any WMTs. lol

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“there is speculation that the chest of 5200 gems may play a part in acquiring the new TF character.”

Spending gems to acquire a new TF would be fine by me, although the number of gems required would certainly affect my decision.

And that’s where things get interesting. I forget the exact pricing, but when Nemesis Prime and Rodimus were offered last year, the price was in the area of $9.99 each, give or take, and that also included some gems as a sweetener. At current gem prices, that puts the dollar cost of a TF at somewhere in between a “handful” (150) of gems and a “stack” (400) of gems.

So if the gems-for-new-TF theory pans out, I’d be awfully p!ssed-off if the gem cost of the new TF were anything more than a few hundred gems, and especially if it’s anywhere close to 5,200 (a “crate”).

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Nemesis was US $14.99 and Rodimus was US $4.99 (including gems).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pampeans

OK, thanks. So yeah, then it’s right in that range of “handful” and “stack” of gems.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I think it would help with the decision-making process if we knew what Rovio’s future plans are for this game, but the lack of communication is maddening.

For example, I’m occasionally buying the random accessory, but the main reason I’m hoarding gems is in case Rovio raises the level cap again. If I hadn’t had gems to speed the leveling-up process, I would have gone insane getting my TFs to L15. I may not have even tried.

So if we know for sue the cap is going up again, to say L20, then I’m probably going to hold on to as many of my gems as I can. But if we know a level cap isn’t forthcoming, or won’t be for a looooong time, then I’d be more willing to spend my gems on purchases of TFs and accessories.

Raxor
    @mndc

I’m just beginning to get all my own TFs to the lvl 10, a few are still 9.

If they add a new cap, how long a TF can take time to be upgraded ? A whole week ?

And the idea of using gems to get a TF isn’t looking good, because if you need at least a crate of gems to get it, it’ll be unfair to those who couldn’t get it during the comp and that’s not the main currency everyone has too much here.

But we’ll see how the next comp will be, so far it’s not looking good.

Beauregard
    @beauregard

I’m finally done with this comp, just got enough tokens to get the chest of gems. Now I can go and enjoy my weekend. This was totally the worst one, not because of spending gems, but the because of the time they expected people to put in to max out. Don’t know about the rest of you, but I have a life outside of this game.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@beauregard congrats! Did you get any of the accessories as well — not that they work now, but eventually they will…

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.