Heatwave Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 189 total)
  • Replies
  • MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Vehicle Time is probably worthless since you’re only in vehicle mode in short bursts. Vehicle mode has been fine for all TFs even on the long stretch of falling monoliths. Of the three, I’ll get Fire Rate if I have enough after cashing in for gems. Hopefully this one isn’t boogered up like the Defense accessories.

SoloAz
    @soloaz

Hey, @millforce2k, do you know how long the comp is for? Can’t find it anywhere. Thanks!

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@soloaz No idea, but eight days minimum are needed to get the crate. The last one was ten, but @droversdog calculated that you need to win three times and come in 2nd/3rd seven times to get the crate. Hopefully it will be at least that, but there’s probably a second challenge event this month to win the new Seeker related TF.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I had never bought accessories other than +damage headphones, but I added explosive rounds to Optimus Prime. It made a huge difference. At Level 11 he was almost as effective as a Grimlock would have been, incoming damage perhaps aside. Switching to my Level 9 Heatwave for WMT-heavy parts of the run seemed to help.

The only problem is that I’m beginning to run out of fast-recharge videos …

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Two more problems:

1. Optimus Prime is too slow at shooting to avoid taking heavy damage from balloon pigs. So be it.

2. Heatwave shoots too slowly to be reliable at hitting the red buttons in Pig City. Ouch!!!!

Anonymous

@franciscrawford @all
    Yeah, buy all the “explosive rounds” accessories for all TFs, if you have enough gems. Gamechanger. Energon Lockdown becomes a monster, in particular.
    I didn’t realize there was a limit on recharge vids. How many?

dmsral
    @dmsral

I used to use Grimlock as my primary player but I’ve mostly switched over to Soundblaster. Weak against mortar towers and missiles, but it obliterates everything else. I swap him in as the primary on for the low percentage bonuses. You definitely pop all the pigs, glass blocks, etc on the ground which will likely work out better than the weak bonus for a character that won’t get all the key targets. Can be effective on missiles but you have to wait until it’s danger-close and then tap quickly and hope another target doesn’t fly through.

Geli
    @geli

@millforce2k – great breakdown on the Instruments of Destruction squad. Extrapolating the results… Most Excellant!

I used EGrimlock and SoundWave During that session. My SW and SB are only Level 9 and I was not confident in getting decent results using them. Gave up 13% bonus, yet did OK with one run with a large number of scoring targets; result was 450-ish points, IIRC.

Earning 1214 v 1341 total points, your point of It may not matter too much Is well taken.

Geli
    @geli

@franciscrawford – try changing to a faster-firing TF when the red button comes up in Pig City. I hanged to Optimus to get the Energon bridge, then went back to Heatwave to take out the WMTs.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@20qmindreader — Thanks! I’ve been closing and reopening the whole game.

@poptimus — I doubt it’s easy to get a specific number. But after a while, when I tried to recharge two TFs in a row, I didn’t get a video option for the second one. I gather @20qmindreader had the same thing happen.

@geli
    — Of course. But however one deals with the problem, there’s the opportunity for error or not being fast enough. And I “took advantage” of one of the chances to mess up.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I see Rovio are at it again, New comp started last night and I did the 4 node run, We are collecting missiles, First node Pig City NO Missiles, 2nd run the river NO Missiles, 3rd run dessert NO missiles, 4th run Forrest a shed full of missiles.
    It’s all over the shop like the other comp’s have been.
    Just did the 4 run overnight and low and behold just finished and the runs were the same exactly as last night. Bonkers lol

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@20qmindreader You’re welcome.

@franciscrawford
    I had the same trying to do two in a row. Waited a couple minutes a was then able to get the second video recharge.

@paul13
    The big missiles count as well, but I’m finding the same lack of missiles.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@millforce2k

Yep just found that out as 2 appeared, the other runs in Pig City no missiles of any shape or colour present.
    Just done a Forest run and no missiles now that is taking the proverbial

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Missiles are very hard to come by in today’s challenge. I had a soft update 1.16.4.2 so I’ve spent some gems to get to get to the 50 token prize to see if it would also award 60, 70, 80, 90 & 100 all in one go once again… but a big N O to that bug so the quick addition of 400 tokens is now gone. So with the lack of missiles I doubt anyone will get the daily maximum of 550 tokens making it that little bit harder to grab that crate of gems at the end of this comp.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

So that was the .4.2 update. Figures they would fix it on the boogered up missile day. Calling today a wash and missing out on 400 tokens, it looks like the formula will be four wins and six 2nd/3rd if it’s only ten days.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Ah only just seen its been updated and as you said today is a wash with the complete lack of targets. I’ve not even scored enough you for 40 tokens yet lol.

I have no doubt that they have a group of beta testers et al playing around with new updates et al it they do then they are letting a lot of issue into the production apps which is bad.
    There are a lot of NDA’s and trust needed for beta testers which can take a longtime to build.

Geli
    @geli

@droversdog post made me curious. Following is offered FWIW.

Variant squad max 50% bonus:
    Beach- 7 missiles, WMT not tracked; Forest/Plains- 7 missiles, WMT not tracked; Pig City- 4 missiles, 2 WMTs; Falls- 0 missiles, 5 WMTs (1 destroyed).
    Full bonus, total points 986. Moved from 5th to 1st in my group.

Decided to spend 10 gems to get to 2500 points and earn 40 tokens, as well as to see what the results would be in back-to-back runs. Results:
    Desert- 6 missiles 11 WMT (1 destroyed); Forest/Plains- 4 missiles 0 WMT; Falls- 0 missiles, 4 WMT; Beach- 0 missiles 2 WMT.
    Full bonus, total points 520. Remained in 1st

Primary TF in both was Level 10 Goldbite Grimlock, which suffered significant damage requiring recharge when large numbers of WMTs were present. Secondary TF was changed but never used. Wish I had tracked WMTs in all runs in the first round.

47.3% less points in second run compared to 1st run. The difference in points earned is significant. Wonder if the reduced the number of high value targets available when using gems for recharge was based on an algorithm OR if it was luck of the draw. Going get to track points after gem recharge…

Geli
    @geli

@soloaz – event end 0:00hours GMT 06-12-2016.

As I calculate it, that is 8|00PM EDST, Saturday, 6-11-16. Others can correct me if that is wrong.

sheepybach
    @paul13

That time and date just popped up on my game. Geeeezzz 18hrs of play time gone and still not got 50 tokens phew

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

That’s only eight days. Guess I’m not getting the crate.

Geli
    @geli

Yeah, the crate is out of reach, being just over 1/4 there. Have a decent shot at getting the box 6500 tokens and a snowball’s chance in Hades for a chest.

Gradientturtle7’s thread says it all.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

From my observations in today’s challenge WMTs are only worth one point. Can anyone confirm?

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@20qmindreader Missiles are the primary target and earn 10 points, pigs give 1 point and in previous days’ challenges WMTs gave 5 points

dmsral
    @dmsral

I came in third the first day and I’ve won out the rest so far. If I win the rest of the days, I’ll have 11,900 tokens, 100 short of the big prize. :-(

SoloAz
    @soloaz

Thanks, the math to the crate(s) is just what I was after.

@droversdog
    , I can confirm: WMTs are worth 1 measly point.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.