Heatwave Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 189 total)
  • Replies
  • Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I agree with some previous posts.

1. Whatever they counted for earlier, WMTs were only 1 point on missile day.

2. Getting to 100 (i.e. 550) tokens on missile day was very hard. I spent 10 + 20 gems and only got to 70, and all of those were spent at the 150% bonus level. However, I did one suboptimal thing — I didn’t start playing until after 10 pm Eastern.

On the plus side, missiles to the face still get the 10 points, so it was OK to use something worse at anti-missile defense than Grimlocks. Hence the 150% bonus being easily achievable.

In other news — Bumblebee is pretty useless, even though mine has the cool-looking +10% damage Christmas hat. My backup TF for the 150% runs is Level 9 Heatwave, not Level 15 Bumblebee.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I’m curious is anyone on track to win the crate? I won the contest today, but because of the glitch in the game, I did not make the daily challenge (for the first time). I guess I could have if I was willing to spend endless amounts of gems, but I digress, from my math the glitch made it impossible to reach the crate.

sheepybach
    @paul13

End of comp and still 600 tokens to get 50

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I came in second on the first day and first on the second and third all without spending gems. After seeing that it’s only eight days knocking me out of running for the crate, I decided to settle for second and 210 daily tokens. I need 1035 per day for the chest. Nothing to sneeze at, but would have been nice to have a reasonable chance for the crate.

Anonymous

You basically have to be perfect to get the crate. I’ve gotten the daily 550 other than in the just-ended missile challenge (I was able to get the 80, but not 90, and had to spend 30 gems to do it), and I’ve come in first three times and second once, and I therefore can’t get the crate.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

WMTs are back to five points. Points for each token level are higher, but so are the scores.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Day 5 challenge ladder is ridiculously high again.

10 450
    20 1350
    30 2700
    40 4500
    50 6750

I averaged about 450/run, but that was with the Rescue Bots +150% bonus in effect!!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k

“WMTs are back to five points. Points for each token level are higher, but so are the scores.”

I had no idea you could get points for WMTs!

But here’s the conundrum:

1. Deploy E. Grimlock with a buddy for half bonus but a good chance to kill WMTs, or

2. Deploy paired buddies for a full bonus but zero chance of killing WMTs.

I’m hoping that “Energon Fueled” comes up so that I can get +100% with E. Grimlock and E. Galvatron paired.

Anonymous

@optimuspig
    WMTs are one-shot by Heatwave and Sentinel Prime too, FYI.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yeah, but their rate of fire is way too slow, and except for one-shotting WMTs they are horrible TFs to run with in all other ways.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

The Lockdowns can take out the WMTs as well and oddly enough I’ve been able to destroy a few with the Blues (who knew?).

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I’ve had very good luck with swapping Heatwave/Sentinel Prime in and out in order to one-shot the WMTs.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

BTW, I think that Making me use OP and Heatwave is a subversive form of torture. Neither has ever been a favourite

Lol! Me neither, but I’ve learned to time the switch in/out inorder to destroy the WMTs. My tactic with OP is to shoot at the structures (wood & ice) and rely on the falling structure to kill the pigs. But it sucks to miss targets because they’re so ineffective.

They should really rotate the percentages.

Anonymous

I’m telling you, everyone get OP’s explosive rounds accessory (called HIQ, I think?) immediately if you have the gems! I actually kind of like playing with him now! Ultimate Optimus too, but he’s less important for this event.

And yeah, try to learn how to time switching in Heatwave just to take out WMTs, and switch right back as soon as you’re done. The switch/recharge takes very little time.

I wish they would vary the +150% bonus squad too, but for the “Heatwave” event, I get the idea of making Reacue Bots the most important.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Can someone check my math?

It looks like we’re targeting 18,000 to hit the 100 level in today’s challenge. Anyone else seeing that?

10 450
    20 1350
    30 2700
    40 4500
    50 6750
    60 9000
    70 11250
    80 13500
    90 15750
    100 18000

I’ve just barely hit the 60 level so far, so I’m extrapolating out for 70, 80, 90, and 100.

18,000 doesn’t really seem attainable without a massive expenditure of gems, and getting lucky on the random buddy sets that come up for the rest of the day.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’ve been experimenting with using Sentinel against the WMTs, and you guys are absolutely right that he’s highly effective against them. But the issue for me is when I’m using SP to take down WMTs and I’ve got missiles flying around at the same time, and switching back to a Grimlock just when a monolith is falling down …

Deszaras
    @deszaras

This is one of the most frustrating challenges. The hope is to get gems which feels absurd. Depending on bonuses, nodes and the odd things to get tokens from is crazy. If you don’t spend gems to recharge, it’s easy to fall back. I’d rather just pay for gems than grind this.

Anonymous

@optimuspig
    Yeah, the timing can be a bit impossible when you’re dealing with WMTs, falling monoliths, AND missiles all at once. In those situations I tend to just stick with Grimlock and let the WMTs live, but if it’s too late because the WMTs showed up before the monoliths/missiles, so you already switched to SP, then I’d say just stick with SP and let him take some damage. If he dies, then Grimlock just pops up anyway, and you can use a video recharge afterwards.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@poptimus

“If he dies, then Grimlock just pops up anyway, and you can use a video recharge afterwards.”

Oh, really? I had no idea – I’ve been playing on the assumption that if either of my buddies dies, that the run is failed.

Thanks for the tip!

Pampeans
    @pampeans

My tactic with Sentinel prime is to time the switch when the WMT is just barely visible (maybe not even standing) to the extreme right of the screen, right as you approach the FM. I keep tapping to fire (at the extreme right) up until I transform to escape the falling monolith and the backlogged shot occurs while SP is transformed destroying the WMT. I tap to fire again and then immediately switch when I see the missiles and again the backlogged shot occurs even thou GSG in already on the screen.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Using Windblade and Airachnid for the Valykries. Airachnid can 2-shot the WMTs.

sheepybach
    @paul13

The way they’ve changed the total’s for gems it is no longer worth playing as there is no chance of getting the 550 a day tokens.
    I’ve noticed that the top 2 from yesterday and today have very high scores in fact to high for how things are playing out.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

My Level 6 Windblade is pretty good against WMTs. I presume that her incendiary accessory has a lot to do with that.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pampeans

“Using Windblade and Airachnid for the Valykries. Airachnid can 2-shot the WMTs.”

Not sure what we’re doing differently. I tried Airachnid against the WMTs and got the snot pounded out of me for my efforts.

I lost count of how many shots it took (at least five – I was too busy dodging fireballs and missiles to keep detailed track), but it definitely wasn’t two-shots.

It’s odd – you’re not the only one person who’s mentioned that Airachnid is highly effective against WMTs, but I’ve never been able to replicate that result, either in competition runs or in regular runs.

Anonymous

@optimuspig
    It might have to do with distance. Since her shot spreads out, I’ve noticed it takes more to blow up a WMT at distance. I do find her to be pretty good against them generally though.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.