Heatwave Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

• … Tokens can be traded for gems.

Starts in two days.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 189 total)
  • Replies
  • Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

My guess is that it will be like the past couple of challenges, except that the “free choice” TF is replaced by the mandatory choice of Heatwave.

Yikes. My Heatwave is Level 9, and some of my squads are in pretty poor choice in terms of upgrades.

If my guess is correct, this competition could actually be challenging, at least for those of us who have not been playing long enough to have all our TFs upgraded and accessorized.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I’m thinking two challenges this month. The Heatwave to give newer players a chance to build a stash of gems and a second “Seeker” so we can all spend gems on recharges to try for this mystery character.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

So, it look like it’s going to be the same as before were you pick TFs based on a given squad, but if you want the max bonus, they both have to be from the squad.

Tomlad
    @talmud

ok I never use my heat wave so i don’t know what to expect from this> Secondly I think that the rewards of this challenge will probably be the accessories for heat wave like with the sound wave event. Also who do you think the seeker will be? Acid storm, Skywarp or someone else?

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

My Heatwave is lvl 15, but still he’s useless at blowing up most of the daily challenges normally used. Missiles – useless. Flying pigs – at least you can just let them crash into him. Balloon pigs – see flying pigs.

sheepybach
    @paul13

The thing that gets me with the Terry’s is no matter what level they are at (1 – 15) the time to reload is so crazy slow that I just don’t use them.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I think one of the biggest challenges here will be to make sure there are two TFs available in a squad at any given time after sending them on missions. Might have to send an unmatched TF out. No biggie on easy and possibly medium, but may not be able to get all five keys, even after video, with an unmatched TF on hard missions.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@millforce2k,

Why would one send multiple TFs on a mission at once. The price for doing so on a hard mission, for example, seems to be 300 gems. How can that possibly be a good deal?

I feel like I’m overlooking something here …

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@franciscrawford It’s a one time charge to get the extra slots. I’ve constantly had nine TFs on missions for a long time. Easy and medium always gives me five keys. On the hard, I occasionally watch a video to get the fifth key. It’s well worth it to spend gems for the extra slots to mine materials, and therefore, gems.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Oh, good point about two TFs and the extra ads. Definitely going to try that during the comp.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@MillForce2K,

It’s a one-time-charge? Thanks! Now it makes sense!

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Prizes:

Heatwave_Prizes.PNG

No Exclusive accessories for Heatwave.

Hopefully this goes for ten days like the last one. That Crate’s going to take some serious strategizing and dedication.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Well, this is challenging. It seems that today is just about killing pigs. But some TFs are better at destruction than others, and some are MUCH better at missile self-defense than others (that’s a big reason for the popularity of Grimlocks). A Level 11 Optimus Prime or a Level 15 Bumblebee (my choices for the first tranche of runs) aren’t in either case close to a Grimlock …

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Yes, quite interesting. L15 Optimus Prime and L15 Bumblebee for the first run. OP was worthless. Used L15 Heatwave (mainly) and BB for the other three. HW is slow, but can take a beating. Down to one heart after three runs. Looks like pigs are one point and WMTs are five. Couldn’t get a read on the gold blocks. I think 40.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

This is odd. I just did my first set of runs and I’ve already maxed out the challenge tokens but I only got 495 instead of the 550 we have always been able to get.
    Edit: False alarm. I just went back and I have the full 550. It was just some sort of odd bug that resulted in my token amount not displaying properly until I restarted the game.

The fact that I maxed out with only having 1316 points is still worth noting though. If they keep that amount every day it should be easy to get it.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

It would be interesting to know how many days this competition will run.

If it runs 10 days to get 12,000 tokens the minimum one would need to get is the daily maximum of 550 every day (5,500) and then win 3 days (3,000) and come 2nd for the other 7 (3,500) which gives you exactly 12,000 tokens.
    If it only runs 9 days you would have to get daily max (4,950) win 5 (5,000) and come 2nd for 4 (2,200) totaling 12,150 tokens and for 8 days one would need to win every day and get maximum daily tokens.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

My experience w/ reward tokens was just like @sntrooper’s.

I agree w/ @MillForce2K that gold blocks are 40.

The +100% bonus squad has been the Energon guys. That has of course gone a lot better for me than the +150% bonus squad did. I presume they’re on duty from 10 pm to 2 am Eastern time.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Starting 2:00 am Eastern: Leaders, featuring the Grey Grimlock. Only +25%, alas.

sheepybach
    @paul13

If you use 2 ABT that are the Bonus squads then the bonus will double up.
    The current squad is Energon Fueled, if you use 1 of them the bonus is 12% use 23 and it’s 25%.
    After the farce with the last comp I’m not even going to bother to get the add-ons for HeatWave unless peeps confirm on here they are working as they say.

I see Rovio have not sorted out the lack of stuff to collect in the comp runs. At present it’s gold coin block, I’ve just finished my overnight 4 run go and on 3 nodes there was not a collectable block of gold to get

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I’m not positive, but I don’t think that Heatwave can wear Eject and Axe at the same time if you go by the accessories try-ons in the barracks. While Eject is on the shoulder and Axe is in the opposite hand, it appears that he can only wear one.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@paul13 — are you certain about your timing? It didn’t match my experience unless the timestamp on your post is misleading.

I have:

First two hours — Heatwave’s squad (I think that’s Rescue)
    Next four hours — Energon fueled
    Four hours after that — Leaders

sheepybach
    @paul13

@franciscrawford

I think so my end any way:—

1st run Rescue Bots
    2nd run Energon Fueled
    3rd run leaders still active on this run with 2 runs left

I know what is what, when I posted I’d just done my 2nd comp 4 run and I’ve not done a Leaders run yet. That any better of explaining it lol and I think that tallies with your post.

You can have EJECT & RAMHORN together or RAMHORN & AXE they are the only pairings plus you can have them on their own. As I said before not going after them.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

I don’t think the 25 or 50% bonuses are worth passing up Grimlock. Sure I’ll use one of the bonus squad for the half bonus, but Grimlock is going to score at least twice most of what the bonus squad guys get.

Energon squad was good since Energon Grimlock counted, use any of the other three as the secondary and never bring them in.

Rescue? Use OP and Heatwave to score 100 points and get a 25% bonus. Or use Grimlock, score 300 points and get a 12% bonus. I know what I’m choosing.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@martyschofield,

For rescue, the comparison is more like 250% of base vs. 175% of base.

Multiply both sides of that by .4, and we get that it’s breakeven if choosing two TFs from the squad gets 70% of the base score that your favorite TF — presumably a Grimlock — would.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

I don’t think the others come close to 70% of Grimlocks score. Everytime they get hit by a missile it’s a few seconds they don’t get to score points, every time they have to transform to avoid WMT shots, it’s time they’re not scoring points. Grimlock shoots down every missile, every WMT lava ball, even blows up the WMTs for 5 points. He’s up and shooting when the others can’t.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.