Heatwave Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 189 total)
  • Replies
  • MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I agree that foregoing 12% to swap out Energon Grimlock at the 25% level will get a higher score but at the 150% level, Heatwave’s destructive power and strength make up for his low fire rate. The only thing I outran was the monoliths.

otter
    @otter

I still have a rough time spending gems to get gems….. I have over 5k… I will play to see what I add ons I can get…. Just my thoughts…..

nikki567
    @nikki567

I have enjoyed the past few events, (THANK YOU ROVIO,- no bugs,!) (I mute the game sound and rock out while I play. My current favourite to play to is Ska.) Thank you for a glitch-free game (tho now I hope I haven’t jinxed myself, lol.) Anyway, nice challenges these past few times. Just saying this for the record, after the many previous difficulties, and think Rovio might appreciate positive feedback.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Different order tonight. Second squad up was the three-headed guys, at only 25%. Definitely Grimlock time for me.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

After 4 hours of the previous squad, it’s Seekers at 75%. I tried Thundercracker for one run. She wasn’t a disaster, but it was also a run with almost no incoming missiles.

So I switched to Grimlocks. But I’m using slow Grimlocks rather than Energon Grimlock, because Thundercracker will be sort of OK if my main TF dies late in the run.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Anybody else noticed that collecting the 550 daily tokens is getting done in a very short order????

sheepybach
    @paul13

@20qmindreader,

That is good then as its not only me lol

sheepybach
    @paul13

TBH I’m wondering if this comp is the fore runner for the new Thundercracker seeker bot and it’s going to cost a lot of gems and not token, otherwise why have they reduced the time and number of tokens needed to get 550.
    I’ve seen on other forums that the heatwave addons are doing the same as the hats from the last comp and are -% and not +%. If that’s the case then it’s a waste of time getting them and I’m not going to waste gems to check them out. I tried the hats again today and still the same a I rolled out of the shuttle and bang 1 heart gone lo!

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

@paul13

I noticed for this day once I hit the 50 energon level, it gave me the 60,70,80,90,100 as well.

I jumped from gaining 100 on the day (950 total) to 550 on the day (1400 total)

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yes it is odd that you get the days max in a matter of a few runs.
    I wish they would remove the heatwave add ons as I can’t see many getting them TBH

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

How many points are each ice/glass block today? I think it’s 2, but I’m not sure.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@franciscrawford

It looks like it’s 2 per block

Hang on just hit a big 1 and it gave me 5

Geli
    @geli

Pure Warriors giving 25% bonus in current 4hour window. Used Energon Lockdown (L13) and Brawl (L9) scored 127 post-bonus points on beach run with few ice blocks and what seems to have been relatively few WMTs. I may have left a few ice blocks undamaged as I was in transport mode more than usual to avoid flying and balloon pigs.

Gonna try another run using a Grimlock and Energon Lockdown. And see how the scoring goes.

Edit in: did a Dessert run with EGrimlock (L13) and ELockdown (L13), 12% bonus, used EG exclusively and scored 96 post-bonus points.

Difficult to say for sure which is better strategy on low bonus percentages, given that the runs were not identical and a SSS. Still, in this case, using TFs that yield the full bonuses at the lower percentages is better than getting half the bonus using EGrimlock

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Lockdown did surprisingly well for me, given that he’s only Level 9. But he has a ton of accessories from a previous competition. In particular, I suspect that Explosive Rounds is a big deal today.

Geli
    @geli

@franciscrawford – I used the Increased (20%) clip size rather than the Explosive Rounds. I use a defensive strategy, I.e., fill a box with a lot of leand to shoot down flying pigs and balloon pigs, given that the ice blocks are a “soft” target and can be destroyed with a lot of hits rather than a stone block that needs a lot more harder hits o destroy and score points.

Gonna try the explosive rounds to see if that is a better option.

Edit in: beach node, squad of ELockdown with Explosive Rounds And 20% increased clip size with Lockdown(L9) with 20% clip and acid rounds. Bonus offered was 25%. Scored 385 post-bonus points using ELockdown exclusively.

Thanks for the tip @franciscrawford

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@geli,

Lockdown was blowing apart structures with single shots, including destroying the blue blocks. Hence my conjecture that the explosive rounds were the reason.

Thanks for adding confirming evidence!

Where he didn’t so well was when a lot of individual pigs were picnicking together on the ground. Then Level 15 Grimlocks would have been significantly better than Level 9 Lockdown.

He was OK on anti-missile defense. Not perfect, of course, but nobody other than Grimlocks or Shockwave ever is, and them only on runs with good lines of sight to incoming and, preferably also, launched missiles.

Geli
    @geli

@franciscrawford – Have not tried the Lockdowns in regular mode to see if the explosive rounds are effective against the picnicking pigs (nice line, btw). Writing it down to try it and see what happens…

Yep,as AA, the higher rate of fire and explosive rounds seem to be effective against flying and balloon pigs. Better than most TFs – the Grimlocks abviuosly the best – against missiles. Range is not as great as the Grimlocks, but better than other TFs that have a slower ROF and velocity (I’m looking at you, Optimus).

Geli
    @geli

Iconic Transformers offering 50% bonus now. Problem for me as I only have 1 squad member, that being L6 Epic Optimus with headphones (purchased) and incendiary rounds (earned in prior challenge). Teamed EO with L13 EGrimlock and will only earn 25% bonus.

Using EO exclusively, scored 140 post-bonus points in a desert run. Few blue/ice/glass blocks offered. AA vs. missiles almost as good as Grimlocks. Incendiary rounds accessory vs flying pigs worked well; one hit and the burning rounds finished them quickly. Also Worked ok vs structures, as the burning brought down wooden blocks. Incendiary rounds vs WMTs did OK, destroying a few of them with an open field of fire. Not bad, given my Epic Optimus is only Level 6. Hopefully a more target-rich environment yields better results.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Only did one run during the Pure Warriors block. L15 Energon Lockdown and L15 Brawl. Only had a few WMTs. I think I missed one. Tried Brawl, but quickly switched back to EL. I only outran the monoliths and still finished with full health. Post-bonus score was 340. I know I wouldn’t have done better using Energon Grimlock with half bonus.

I too only have Epic Optimus, so I used Energon Grimlock exclusively with EO watching. Even with EO at level 15 and accessorized, EG will clear more and only have to drive to avoid monoliths. Post scores were 356 and 227.

Geli
    @geli

@millforce2k- what scenarios did you run with EG with EO watching?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

That’s the one item I’m not tracking. Pig City, I think. Last comp I did a lot of experimenting with different TFs and knew for this block to just run EG. I get wacked by a few fireballs, but will also destroy them if there’s still time to kill the WMT.

Geli
    @geli

FWIW,
    Iconic transformer block results, all runs made with L13 EGrimlock and L6 EOptimus, 50% max bonus, earned 25% bonus on all runs with only 1 Iconic squad member:

Beach: used both EO and EG. EO finished with 1 heart damage, EG no damage. Score: 236, 25% bonus yielded 295.
    Waterfalls: used EG mostly. Left some points on the table near end of run. Both TF finished with 1 heart damage. Score: 197, 25% bonus yielded 246.
    Forest: used EG exclusively. Don’t think I missed a scoring block. Finished with full health. Score: 177, 25% bonus yielded 221.

Did not get a pig city run.

YMMV.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

For the lower percentage squads, sometimes it’s tough to know whether to go with a pair from the same squad or EG and whatever is in the squad. Just did four runs with Instruments of Destruction, two with EG and Soundwave and two with Soundwave and Soundblaster.

The first EG/SW node was Pig City. I used SW mostly and then EG to take out the one WMT. The second was Desert and had nine WMTs so I used EG exclusively and took them all out.

For SB/SW, the first was a River node with nine WMTs and didn’t take a single one out. The second was Forest (plains) and had one WMT that I left alone. In both, I flip-flopped, but probably used SW a bit more since he was more effective against the flying pigs.

My results:
    Pig City, 1 WMT, EG/SB – 262 pre-bonus, 294 post-bonus. With SB/SW, it would have been 257 pre, 321 post. SB/SW winner
    River, 9 WMTs, SB/SW – 226 pre, 282 post. With EG/SB, it would have been 271 pre, 304 post. EG/SB winner
    Forest (plains), 1 WMT, SB/SW – 404 pre, 505 post. With EG/SB, it would have been 409 pre, 460 post. SB/SW winner
    Desert, 9 WMTs, EG/SB – 188 pre, 211 post. With SB/SW, it would have been 143 pre, 178 post. EG/SB winner

My total score, after bonus, was 1,292. If I would have gone EG/SW for all four it would have been 1,269 and 1,286 if I used SB/SW for all four. So, I did better than if I went one way or the other, but the second two runs were just dumb luck getting them correct. It could have been 1,214 if I would have gone the other way on the last two, or 1,341 if I picked correctly for the first two.

So, in the end, with a range of 1,214 to 1,341 (for the runs I had), it may not matter too much what’s used.

Of course, as @geli said, YMMV.

Maybe it’s time to add more to my log to see if there is a pattern to the nodes. It might give a bit of an edge in a more competitive competition.

cbya
    @cbya

“I noticed for this day once I hit the 50 energon level, it gave me the 60,70,80,90,100 as well.

I jumped from gaining 100 on the day (950 total) to 550 on the day (1400 total)”

I think this has happened every day for me; seems like a glitch.

otter
    @otter

So…. On off the 3 items to customize…. Which are the best?????? Which ones should be picked up first????

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.