Upcoming Event- Epic Sports Tournament (Elite Tricksters)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event- Epic Sports Tournament (Elite Tricksters)

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 528 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@suzyq @datguygamer
    I can only activate the ad once 24 hours have passed. I got it shortly after midnight and it said “No ad available” because it has only been 22 hours since I last watched an ad :(

Suzy
    @suzyq

@datguygamer thanks for the info, just wanted to double check.

My next gate opens in under 3 hours and I have already got 2 podiums plus 2 wreaths and 1 golden coin. I’m currently in 6th place with 37k+ and 1st has 50k+. My main interest is getting the new class and expect to get 2 stars when the event finishes.

Edit

Thanks @smwforever45 my ad appeared just after midnight as well.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq @smwforever45 I think the next feature that they should implement is a timer on the free stamina ad that shows when you are about to get the next one (just like the Golden Pig Machine one). How does that sound?

Maybe we should start pestering them with gazillion mails again?

Suzy
    @suzyq

@datguygamer sounds like a good plan, let’s do it :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq Sure, why not? Let’s send them so many emails that they will implement this eventually.

Raxor
    @mndc

@datguygamer adding a timer for the free stamina ad is a wonderful idea actually, it should be the same for the free chest item ad so we don’t forget it by accident.

Also, my leaderboard at the moment :

This is by far the first event when I don’t have a steady lead and I’m competing for the first place, so it’s tough.

Also, the most trecherous pig placement I got so far are :
    – one volleyballer pig who hits first,
    – one german supporter pig,
    – three volleyballers pigs.
    THey can kill anybody if they have the chance to target one specific bird only.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@mndc Congrats on your first position. Also, yes such a timer WOULD be nice.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The worst line-up I had in this event?

Coach and Brazilian Spectators.
    The Coach gets ready to do his attack (charges for two turns) and the Spectators reduce the damage taken by 30%. Often enough, my Pally/Wiz/Spies team (M12/14/12) can’t defeat the Coach in two turns if that happens. And the damage he deals is DEVASTATING. I always pray that the Spectators don’t hit Wiz or Spies afterwards because their health is critical afterwards. If they hit the wrong bird, there goes my three stars.

Volleyball pigs and German Spectators are another deadly combo.

I could well see these pigs, in a different skin, in a future Chronicle Cave.

@datguygamer

Great idea!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Glad you people like it. I have sent them an email. Maybe you guys should send one too. :)

Raxor
    @mndc

Next gate open :

– the first battle is 3 volleyballers pigs with 2 volleyball bombs ;
    – the second battle : first part is composed of 2 normal supporters pigs and a finland supporter pig, second part has a Foreman pig and 2 supporters pig.

Don’t have enough stamina to see the other ones, so I’ll wait a bit, but if you can give information about what you get during the battles, it can be helpful so we can adapt our strategies.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@datguygamer I sent an email about it an hour ago :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq Great job. That makes two of us. :D

Timber
    @timber

I seem to be able to get the free ad if I wait about a minute after it shows up before clicking on the icon, then waiting another minute after the ad has completed before clicking on the close ad button.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

So last night the treasure chest gave me a podium, and the 1 gold medal I had disappeared, now the chest isn’t appearing even though the time is right (both free GPM machine rolls happened an hour ago, the event treasure chest should’ve been at the same time)

Martin Hart
    @martin-hart

The best hint i can give is use the tricksters class, wait for the the pigs to use their support and then use chuck’s rage to get rid of as many of the support abilities as possible and then use the trickster again on any of the remaining ones.
    doesn’t always work but it does help

Suzy
    @suzyq

@marty-schofield I just went into the event as it was time for the Chest to appear which it did do. I would sent a ticket to Rovio as something is obviously going wrong and the fact that you lost the coin as well.

BigMac69
    @bigmac69

@smwforever45

I easily defeat the coach with Elite Paladin (M14 with DB), Wizard (M14 with TL) and Elite Seadog (M12 with Finisher). Use/link Sea Dogs support ability on Red in the previous round and than focus all attacks on the coach. He has no chance to deal any damage. Some other pigs will deliver a hit but this is no problem. I am using the same lineup to defeat the referee pig in the next stage where a fourth bird is allowed in the final battle. My fourth bird are Spies (M13 with Beep). Even with more than 38k+ health he has no chance, too. Link Sea Dog to Red (again in the previous round), focus attacks on the big guy, use the rage chili on Chuck and the referee is history. Up to now I played the battle five times and he did not attack me once.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

You can watch how I deal with the Half Boss :)

@smwforever45

That Coach is very dangerous. I can wipe him out in 2 turns. Thanks god that I have strong enough birds ;) If you dont have strong enough birds, u need to use rage attacks to eliminate him before he can strike.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@martin-hart
    Doesn’t work if you can’t remove those helpful effects. That’s the case in Cave 8 and 14, and in some of the event levels too. Level 6, for example. And that level has a Coach pig.

@bigmac69
    @kennymcc
    Please, no boasting, you know I don’t have that equipment and this much mastery, it just hurts when you think your birds are strong but then you look at other players and realise your birds are such weaklings…
    Finisher would be awesome to have, but I miss BOTH parts of the set. TL would be awesome to have, but I miss the weapon part of the set. BEEP would be awesome to have (although I’m aiming to get Artillery), but I miss the off-hand part of the set. My Pally is “only” M12. My Sea Dog is only M7.
    For 4-wave battles, I add my M11 Capt’n to the strategy above, I boost Pally and Wiz but it’s still not enough to KO the mid-boss within 3 turns. EVEN with a rage attack used in between. (Not that he’s of much threat. He always attacks my Pally. I shield and his damage becomes negligible. Pally can take a hit or two.)
    About the Coach pig, it’s not really handy when the Coach pig appears right in the second wave. I can use a Chili on the first and the third wave, but not on the second wave unless I use potions.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Then save the chili for the second wave.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Then I won’t have one for the third wave…

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45 my stamina ad just appeared and worked tonight, hope yours does too.

BigMac69
    @bigmac69

@smwforever45

I know that my birds are weak compared to a lot of other players. You would laugh about the strength of my arena team. Maybe I should start playing arena more seriously, I never went past Silver League… I am really missing a lot of emblems etc. I was struggling to get the most important sets for quite a long time, too and I still own very few lvl 62 set items. If I get a newer version during 5x RR or due to a free spin I often get duplicates. No kidding, Yin, Yang and Phoenix items seem to like me…. And yes, I am still missing some important set items (never got Steel Wall since the start of Epic!) or the ones that I own are too weak to be of decent use (Rock lvl 41 for example). I got them early in the game and did not get stronger versions up to now. So fingers crossed that we will get our missing and/or better set items soon:-)

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@bigmac69

You are not alone, I get a lot of duplicates too but recently was able to replace the level 52 attack part of Banner Breaker (Kirei Masamune) after getting duplicates of the defensive part a number of times (a ridiculous number of times actually). I was able to enchant it to level 9 and what a difference it makes from level 52 to 62…

I still have an old Scissors set, both items fully enchanted to 10 but both level 52. I haven’t got a Bomb set item in ages… My attack power with level 62 set items on Bomb would be scary, especially for my Elite Pirate and Seadog which are both at Mastery 14.

For Blues, I have a mismatch of set items (Bleep’s Remote control in defense and Ballista for offense) but both level 62 and fully enchanted to 10. Got the level 62 False Coin a while back, never got the other part.

For Chuck I have a fully enchanted 62 level Lightning set which replaced level 52 Mana… I miss Mana though. I recently got the Sonic Orb part of Reset (never had gotten any Reset part before) and I’m eagerly waiting on the other part.

Matilda has a fully enchanted level 62 Sweet set. It works but is not my favorite. It replaced a level 52 Cleansing Light which I also miss but I never got level 62 copies of either parts. Cleansing Light was awesome. Like a few others here, I usually prefer sets where the defensife part increases attack over increasing health. Sweet is great with Witch though. It REALLY helps in the Arena. I never use my Elite Cleric or Bard but almost always use Witch which is M14 and packs almost as much attck punch as my M14 Elite Bard.

This all means I can play the Tournament with “B” teams pretty easy and try to level their mastery (working on Wizard, Stone Guard and Princess right now to get them to M14).

Been at it a while so those who have much weaker birds and weapons, don’t despair. It takes a while but you’ll get there :)

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@smwforever45 if you really need a chili for the all three waves, you may need to use those chili pizza (item).

Sorry, I cannot recall such tough battle in this event even I have defeated that >38k referee a few times. Can you tell me which battle you are struggling with?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event- Epic Sports Tournament (Elite Tricksters)

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 528 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.