Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,051 through 1,075 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I’m attempting the DC right now and round 3 is indeed ludicrous. Room 1 and 2 require at least 3 birds each to kill, and that’s if you don’t get lucky and have one of the structures topple over and take out another one.

Those micro pigs sat on their own platforms out of the way are just there to take an extra bird; the ones on room 1 can be taken out with Blues if you split them up at the right time, and the ones on room 2 pretty much need to be taken out by pushing the tall structure over onto them or you’re going to have to use a bird just to take them out separately. I play on a tablet so with room 2 I can zoom out further, could be why.

Also if you ever get to room 5, don’t bother trying to hit that furthest structure with a direct shot; it won’t reach. I had decent run up until this room, entering with 5 (using 2 of them to take out other crap) and then wasted Terrence trying this. So instead you’re forced to use the blue portals which means your birds exiting the right one at an awkward downwards angle. Plus there are several structures you have to deal with so again be ready to get crippled just before the boss room.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same here. Can make it to room 5 with 1 bird left since every room before it takes 3-4 birds unless you get lucky.

Every single day this game becomes less and less fun.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

same DC here – ridiculous difficult! I only made it to room 5, no matter which extra bird I took, no chance to see the boss room and I refuse to spend any gems for this!

Had the same problem in room 2, the pigs on the structure on the far right are not visible, I play on iPad and could only halfway zoom out to see there is sitting something green…

I had some doable DC/KPP the last 3 days, today the program went again into the super difficult mode… so far nothing new. But in the past I got easier settings after stop playing for a few days. Will see if this happens in future or if the new update will stay in the gemsucking mode forever… hopefully not :(

garethw
    @garethw

Absolute waste of time today – unreachable micro pig on the penultimate screen of the DC – twice was more than enough to tell me it was nigh on impossible.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I tried a few more times after my post and then just called it a day…what a load of nonsense. I don’t mind having challenging DCs that can be done with trial and error, but then we get impossible DCs like today’s which demand zero mistakes and that’s just not fun. When you can’t even get to the room in any attempts, you know you’re done for. Let’s hope this one a “one-off”.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Without a doubt, the hardest DC I can remember.

Did anyone make the boss room? I tried twice and made it to the 5th room, but had several pigs left.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I did finally make it to the boss room when I decided to try again while stuck on hold for 30 plus minutes. (There are just some vendors I really hate calling.)

It is an easy one assuming you have a few heavy hitters since you can drop a lot of debris on his head. I had Matilda and Blues, and went ahead and spent the 60 gems to kill the boss.

The KPP was easy, made it through on the second attempt, and it only took 2 because on the first round the boss got jammed up and couldn’t be moved/reached.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Rather difficult boss level today in a 4-5-6 DC. Made it to room 6 with 1 bird left. Rooms 3, 4, 5 were full of structures and floating pigs, but I got lucky and cleared them. Bought 3 birds because I wasn’t going through it all again.

KPP was easy once you clear the 1st level. Fairly indestructible boss; closed exit.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

exactly same situation for me – DC 4-5-6 and only Red left after many tries

No, I did not spend gems, cause this boss level won’t reliably be finished with 3 extra birds…

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I’ve been trying all afternoon and as Steel mentioned, round 3 has some stupid rooms that have lots of pigs spread and structures spread all over. I saw the boss room on one attempt but I had no birds, and I know I need more at least 3 if I want to stand a chance, and then maybe buying 3 more on top of that if I either pick up a rare chest or just get to that point where I bite the bullet just to get the DC out of the way.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Not even worth a second attempt.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

@schweinvogel: True…I barely finished it. I got lucky with the birds from the gems. I also got an extra bird. With my last bird, I barely finished him off.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Glad you could beat it at least. I tried a few more times after my post and it’s just ridiculously unfair. I don’t have to patience to sit there retrying over and over and even if I get the the boss with 1-2 birds, I don’t feel that deserves any of my gems. When round 3 requires minimum 2 birds per room and sometimes 3+ per room, that’s when you give it the finger and go do something else.

garethw
    @garethw

You need to get very lucky with that level – it’s one I’ve seen quite a few times and I’m convinced the physics are “variable”.

One go and I was out.

Expect my DC will be 1-2-3 tomorrow as I failed to do it so often recently.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Not a bad DC today. 4-5-6, but you need 3 birds minimum to finish, unless you get lucky with flying debris.

Didn’t notice this yesterday, but there is a counter on the right. Each time you finish the DC, you get a progressively better prize. It may be a streak counter, so not finishing could reset the counter:

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Another day where I can’t get to the final room due to large numbers of spread out pigs and blocking structures. Room 5 takes all of my remaining birds and leaves at least 1 pig each time.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

That counter was definitely added after the update. There’s mention of it on the AB2 app page under “what’s new”:

– NEW! Daily Challenge Streak – win consecutive daily challenges without any failures to earn extra rewards!

Given the way it reads, I’m assuming it’s just like the arena streak which breaks when you lose, as “without any failures” implies that the streak will break if you fail one DC or quit to try again. That would pretty much demand that you beat every DC on your first go without messing up/quitting to retry, which would be insane.

As for today’s DC, mine was a 4-4-5 for some reason, with this boss room that I haven’t seen for a long time. I 2-shot it on my first attempt:

The KPP was easy, although honestly I should’ve just restarted on the 3rd boss and lost out on the free rare chest from room 1, rather than paying twice for extra birds just to beat it.

My run was average and I know I could’ve done better with a little more serious effort; the 3rd boss wasn’t that difficult and I just needed better birds and maybe an additional 1-2. It’s not that bad as I do have a sizeable amount of gems so I didn’t lose that much, plus it’s rare that I buy extra birds twice at a time.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Extremely difficult level 3 in a 4-5-6 DC today. Multiple structures, floating micro-pigs, and scuba pigs on virtually every level. Two tries and couldn’t even get to the boss. Tapping out for today.

And yes, I lost my “DC Streak”.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I had another 4-4-5 DC with this boss room:

I only had to retry twice, and each attempt was a slightly better for round 3, resulting in me having more birds for the boss.

KPP was a usual 3-4-5, which started with this nightmare boss:

This was the only boss I had trouble with, there’s no clear strategy other than to knock the boss down from his starting platform and hope he either takes consistent damage from being blown around the room, or he gets launched out of the top right opening.

Either way this room drained all my lives +  2 extra life videos before I beat it by having him fly out the opening. Thankfully it was the first boss so I could get it out of the way early. The rest of the KPP was easy and I didn’t spent any gems today which will help my recover from yesterday’s expensive run.

Also my DC streak was lost on my first retry, so that basically means it’s going to be virtually impossible to maintain it since you have to beat DCs in one clean run.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@oliverfrancis

Why do some people get videos in boss rooms and others don’t?  I never get videos in the boss rooms.  Thanks.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

I used to get the videos – haven’t for a few months. As you can see from the previous 2 posts, people get different daily challenges, too.

I play the game on iPad. Not sure if the format is the difference.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

@rhonda90402 Just like Steel, I used to get free bird videos on the DC and KPP months ago which saved me gems. Then they disappeared out of nowhere and I haven’t seen them since.

So if I’m ever super close to beating a boss, I’m forced to either spend gems for 3 more birds or quit and restart, which is stupid as in the majority of cases I just need 1 more bird to finish the boss off so the free bird video would’ve been perfect.

I really wish they’d just restore it, or just give us the option to buy an extra bird for 20-30 gems instead of 60 for 3 when I just need 1 to do the job usually. I’d obviously prefer the videos though I’d be be fine with a reduced gem price for just one bird.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@oliverfrancis

That is a good idea. I would go for that. Thanks. I think it should be equal. I can’t even remember if I used to get free videos in the boss pig levels!

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Today’s 4-5-6 DC was just like yesterday’s. Micro pigs, multiple structures, floating and scuba pigs. Didn’t see the boss. 2 tries and done.

Interesting What’s New today about the MEBC and next Rumble.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My 4-4-5 DC ending with this room:

I got a free rare chest on the first room which was enough for me to buy more birds to finish the boss off as I didn’t feel like trying again. I pretty much got the gems back through the daily quests so not really a loss.

3-4-5 KPP which started off nice and simple with this boss:

And then the 2nd boss I get this nonsense:

Even with perfecting the prior rooms and entering with 6+ birds it’s impossible. Thanks game, great design.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,051 through 1,075 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.