Curse of the Necromancer (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Curse of the Necromancer (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 178 total)
  • Replies
  • Nytmair
    @nytmair

@filthycasual FYI, it is currently 3:45PM Eastern Time here in New York and I have 71:15 left.

abirds954
    @abirds954

@filthycasual OK, but to your second point, it doesn’t matter if you can just consume stamina drinks freely or not, there’s no way to “keep playing frankenpig” even if you had infinite stamina. Once he appears on the map and you battle, he disappears from that spot. He may reappear somewhere else and he may not. But he does disappear from that spot, and there’s no replay option even if you have the stamina. Further, his rewards are in line with the cost to fight, so I still don’t understand your quip about him.

abirds954
    @abirds954

@nytmair Same ET here, so looks like 3 p.m. ET Sunday is the end.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@fiftycasual — It’s 1:20 pm Pacific Standard Time = UTC – 8, which would make it 9:20 pm in UTC 0, and event says it has 70 hrs 40 min to go. Which means it would end at noon PST Sunday or 8 pm UTC 0.
    I think we really need some data from the near or far east.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

My Event summary at 25+ hrs:
    6 Necromancer battles played; 4 different sets of opponents, 2 duplicates
    min 0 / max 14 mastery for each bird
    5 Frankenpig battles; 5 different sets of opponents
    min 14 / max 35 mastery for each bird

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 I’m in Australia. The time is approx 9:40am. And I have 69h:20 min on my countdown clock. I believe we started at the same time (7:00 am here yesterday morning). So I think we are synchronised to start at the same time.
    I think the high scores at start up are just carry over from the trial round or Rovio in-house testing. They must have had issues with erasing these scores before starting the event for the rest of us.

Trulsnert
    @trulsnert

Did some quick napkin math to check which of the three battles that are the most profitable.
    Assuming you have alot of friends and a steady income of FE and can reroll the wheels for the best payout: big score+small score+stamina drink.
    It seems like they all have equal payout.

F.ex: to obtain 8100 points
    Easy: 250+20+stamina. Need 30 battles to get the score. Thats a total use of 90 drinks and 30 drinks from prices= 60 used drinks.
    Medium: 500+40+Stamina. Need 15 battles. 75 total drinks used and 15 drinks in return from prices= 60 used drinks.
    Hard: 750+60+stamina. Need 10 battles. 70 total drinks used and 10 drinks in return from prices= 60 used drinks.

So in conclusion, if you have alot of FE, it doesn’t matter what battle you play.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@trulsnert That’s interesting. That was probably the exact way they set stamina requirements to start each battle and the reward values for the wheels for each battle level. It looks like there is no benefit from playing the Frankenpig battles over the Zombie battles. In fact the lower battles may be better since you don’t need potions to get 3 stars.
    The only factor that makes the Frankenpig battles reasonable is that you can use fewer FE to re-roll to get the max values on the reward wheel.

burbman
    @burbman

Hey! now I don’t feel so bad about preferring to play the easy battles! I would rather brew additional potions with my FE than respin the wheel, so I just take whatever I get and move on. I was justifying my concentration on the easy battles by figuring that between the time to play through a full 15 stamina charge, and potions picked up off the wheel, I could play 7-8 times per 3:45 without dipping into reserve potions. I also told myself that if I got a low medal spin on a 3 stamina level, it would be better that a low spin on a seven stamina level. Looks like it all works out about the same in the end.

Kackman73
    @kackman73

A few people have asked for strats on these fights, so I’m sharing what I do.

For starters, I have the golden rage chili. That alone makes each of the fights pretty easy.

Zombies: Chuck (Lightning Bird 8, mismatched), Blues (Spies 8, Beep!), Hardly Matters (but I tend to use Black (Pirate 6, mismatched)). Open with rage chili on Chuck, use spies and other bird to clean up. If you don’t kill them all in round 1, you’ll kill whatever pigs are left in round 2. 3 stars.

Necromancer: Red (Paladin 9, Titan’s Wrath), Chuck (Lightning Bird 8, mismatched), Blues (Spies 8, Beep!). Open with rage chili on Chuck. Whatever’s left should die by the end of round 2 – use Chuck to send Spies or Paladin on a 2nd attack if needed. 3 stars.

Frankenpig: Same as Necromancer, except it might take you until round 3 to kill everything. 3 stars.

tl;dr – Lightning Wizard w/Spies and a round 1 rage chili on Chuck is an automatic three stars on all the boards. Your third pig barely matters, although I use Paladin when I can just for the heal on his attack.

Edit to add: I don’t use potions, as there’s no need to.

Kackman73
    @kackman73

@trulsnert

One quibble with your method: I’m going to accept the first spin that lands on the highest point value, and of the three possible landing points for that to happen, one doesn’t include a stamina drink.

So for someone like me, you can assume that, over time, only 2 of 3 battles will give me an extra stamina potion, which would change your costs above (each “stamina earned” number becomes 2/3 of your total).

Easy: 90 drinks – 20 stamina earned = 70 drinks.
    Medium: 75 drinks – 10 stamina earned = 65 drinks.
    Hard: 70 drinks – 7 earned = 63 drinks.

So for me, the higher difficulties offer a better return.

Of course, for someone who is interested solely in medals (perhaps they accept only the spin that gets the highest score & no stamina), then it’s very clear that the Hard fight offers the best return, as they only need 70 drinks to earn what someone doing the easy fight needs 90 drinks to earn.

Finally, since you can craft stamina potions using FEs, it’s probably best to use extra FEs to craft stamina potions (at an average rate of return of 2 FEs per stamina potion with a basic cauldron) than it is to spend them hoping to hit the 1 in 9 chance of getting the max point + stamina combo that you’re shooting for in your example.

Rovio Nefuah
    @rovionefuah

Hey guys, we are currently investigating the issue with people appearing to be cheating. It’s most likely caused by a glitch related to time zones, but we are still looking into it. Be patient!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Today I looked at my board and found more named players but curiously, although I entered my name after the first event and it has been visible since then, there is also some called “you”. Happen to anyone else?

mich
    @m-ich

@bubbley That person probably just entered “you” as his name. Maybe he figures that if he is on the number 1 spot, people will try less hard to beat him because they believe they are on #1 themselves? I doubt that would work, but who knows what that guy is thinking…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@m-ich I hadn’t thought of that but it might work it people don’t enter their name. As you say who knows.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Is anyone keeping tabs on the number of battles which give 0 mastery points? I have received 0 at least four times from the intermediate battle.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

Sigh… Unnamed player that is lvl41 is whooping me. They are at almost 15000 this event and I am just reaching 10000. I can’t catch up. At least I’m pretty sure I’ll get 2nd..

I wish I knew if the person was on this board! :)

Wayne2
    @wayne2

New fact on the board I’m playing on this event is that the anonymous player that was mysteriously leading after the event just started (5.585pts) seems to play once a day ??? (7.200 yesterday & 8.205 today).

During last event the all the strange 1st minute big scorers never played and stayed with same score until the end !!!

Anyway, leading on my board with 13k now but wonder if you have the same on your boards ?

abirds954
    @abirds954

I added my name, but judging my the other scores in my group I don’t think anyone is a forum-er. I’m around 15k.

Kackman73
    @kackman73

The people who started with points on my board have gained 1-2k each since then. It seems like they’re not really paying attention to the event, or at least don’t seem to care very much about it.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I prefer the intermediate Necromancer battles – the Frankenpig battles often go to the 2nd or 3rd round. Plus, I get mad when I don’t get the 750.

sheldoncooper12
    @sheldoncooper12

I have 6 very active players on my board. 3 of us trade the lead, almost like clockwork. I just hope I can finish in the top three. It appears we are all playing the medium battles and are not using stamina or re rolls. Much fun, just hope I get the bonus spins when the event is over.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

My board is still nuts with at least 3 40+ players, but I burned 15 stamina potions in my stockpile to take 1st. Hopefully, it holds.

sheldoncooper12
    @sheldoncooper12

I’m saving my stamina for Sunday as I will miss almost all of Saturday and half of Sunday. At the rate my competition is going, there is no way I will make it on the podium. Such is life.

Wayne2
    @wayne2

Bazinga ! Just used around 40 staminas on 1st evening to fill the gap with the false 1st on my board then saving them since then & should probably still end with more than 120 before the end of the event.
    Don’t use any LC to re-spin, I save then for final spin ;)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Curse of the Necromancer (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 178 total)
  • The topic ‘Curse of the Necromancer (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.