Arena Season 7

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 1,143 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@pixelyzed I am the same, mate. I have been playing this game since its launch and there are several set items I have NEVER spun-up. NOT ONCE. However, the number of duplicates I’ve ‘won’ has been utterly staggering. Lol.

@datguygamer
    Thanks, and I hope you enjoy your (arena) retirement. :-D (oh, and I agree 100% with your theory about the area coin-toss %s and the cheater set!!)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@smwforever45 congratulations. We are now in the same league. At least I think so. I see you but then I also saw @flufflemonster who was playing in another league.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@atom @angryde
    Congrats on advancement! :3 Hope you’ll keep being successful in the Arena despite the coin loss outbreak…

@pixelyzed

I also cussed at Valiant and the Reset set before I had them. Now I’ve got both, the one at 56/52 and the other at 52/52. While I stopped using Reset in favour of Mana, I can’t let go of Valiant anymore. Still waiting for a Resurrection or TJ emblem… once I have one of these, it’ll replace my current Vengeful emblem.

@datguygamer
    I believe it’s from Super Mario 64, instead. The DS remake had the look of Yoshi adjusted to the look since Yoshi’s Story.

Well… I’ll probably know the truth once Rovio answers my support ticket concerning this issue. Lol.

@bubbley

Really? What’s your in-game name? I see no familiar name in my own league but then again our names in the forum and in the game may be somewhat different…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@smwforever45 my in game name is Bubbley (it’s a genuine nickname) you have a Platinum frame and currently have 7,700 points. If you don’t see me that means I have at least one ghost in my league again this week.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley
    Yup that is my frame and my score so it’s my name too :) (The Platinum frame is still from Season 1! Once Season 7 is through I’ll switch to the Diamond frame that most have)

There is definitely no Bubbley in my league so we must be in two different ones. Yay I’m a ghost. :P

metztli013
    @metztli013

Ugh can I just say that I HATE the double arena point thing?! I was soooo close to top 3 last week, neck and neck with the guy in 3rd, going back and forth. In the end he/she ended up in the spot, so I’m still stuck in Platinum. That’s fine and all. But now I’m like 10k at least away from top 3, double point event over, and there is no way I can grind my way up there. Platinum League is my home now, apparently lol.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@angryde thank you and well done to you too. I have everything crossed for your next promotion.

@datguygamer
    thank you as well. I wish you luck getting the rest of the Elite classes.

I noticed today that there is one team that will let me start first, the rest I met I lost the toss.

I still don’t have the complete Cheaters set. Even if I did have the complete set it doesn’t seem fair to me that I would have to keep using it to try and win the toss.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@metztli013
    Ohhhh yeah! I hate whenever it comes up because it makes competition SO intense… if people were to know that they aren’t the only one getting double points they would be less hysteric! LOL

I’m also 8k away from the top spots in Diamond… but that doesn’t matter much since I can’t get promoted to a higher league now… I’ll go for relegation until I FINALLY get into a league that isn’t as crazy.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

June 27.jpg

Looks like I need to send a screenshot to Rovio.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryde
    Congrats on advancing.

Fascinating on the thumb pressing thing. Is this both of your own thumbs? LOL

@bubbley
    After about 2 years of correspondence you drop the bombshell that it’s a nickname. You can’t leave us hanging like this W/O further explanation! (From the USA I Immediately think of a slang name for champagne.)

Pointless
    @pointless

Lol…I would have thought so as well, considering the “e”, unless it’s still a play on the personality trait…crazy Brits :)

Pointless
    @pointless

@dahnlor looks like we are in the same Diamond bracket, so that makes twice (in my sometimes foggy memory) that I have encountered a fellow Nester.
    We seem to be comfortably 1-2 at the moment, let’s hope we stay top three :)

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@pointless
    There was a really old post from bubbley (AFTER I thought of champagne) in which she mentioned the wine she had with a meal may have affected her interactions w Epic. I don’t condone mixing alcohol w Epic but I have to admit I have done it thousands of times.
    It does not affect me at all.
    It sometimes eases the hatred of Rovio for me. Ha

Pointless
    @pointless

@dallasreds is there any possible interaction with Epic that doesn’t involve alcohol, either before, during or after these days?
    Not that I’m condoning such behaviour…my councilor told me that’s the wrong way to look at it (at least that’s what I think was said, a few martinis does tend to cloud things).

angryde
    @angryde

@dallasreds ROFL, I know, right!? When I first arrived in Germany it took some getting used to… :-P Along with so many aspects of the culture and language!!

The expression in Standard German is – “Ich drücke dir die Daumen.”

Literally, or transliterated, it means “I press (you) the thumbs.”

Translated, it’s something closer to “I’ll press my thumbs (for) you.”

So, just like the English expression, “I’ll cross my fingers FOR you.”

But, in Germany it carries an additional meaning: as well as “good luck” or “best wishes (re: that)” it can also mean “touch wood” or “knock on wood.”

Awesomeness :-D

Untitled.jpg

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds I’ve had it forever so it’s probably nothing to do with champagne. I do admit to being rather partial to a glass or two however. It adds a little spice to Epic also. I’ve lost the toss so often I actually thought my game had crashed when I won one last evening that’s wine for you.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley,@angryde,@pointless

Thanks for the explanations and opinions. Angryde gets extra credit for using a photo.

Jim151
    @jim151

So, coin flips. Am I just having a bad week, or is any one else getting extremely bad coin flips. Since the turnover to a new week on Sunday, I have been 2 of 11, 1 of 8 (and that one stolen by the blues cheater set), and 1 of 9 today. 4 for 28, when true odds should be 14 for 28. I never complain about the colin flips, and for the most part they have seemed fair to me, but this week it seems off. Could just be a small sample size.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jim151
    Welcome to the club, enjoy your stay.

There seems to be no one here that DOESN’T have the coin toss odds against them right now so they must’ve changed it in 1.4.5. I hope they are gonna correct this… until then, it should encourage you to use the Cheater set if you have it. That’ll get you a lot more wins.

Jim151
    @jim151

Don’t have the cheater set.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jim151
    Me neither…
    Besides, I don’t wanna be forced into using it.
    :\

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I don’t have the Cheater set either–and I’ve never lost so many coin flips as the last week or so.

Pointless
    @pointless

I have the Set, but haven’t used it, as I do think there are better options, even losing the toss regularly. I just prepare to be behind right from the beginning and adjust my strategy accordingly. I do hate to see Reset against, as that can result in a loss quickly without a Bird reviving.
    Has anyone actually used Cheater vs Cheater? I may just try now my Objectives are complete to see what happens there.

Also, has anyone noticed Finisher has been fixed? Had an enemy Bomb do over 12K to my Banner yesterday equipped with this.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@pointless
    I have been using the cheater set to try to get a break. (I sent Rovio a complaint about the coin toss for the fun of it. I’m sure it will be answered by 2017). I haven’t kept statistics but it is fairly close to 50/50. I had one match out of dozens against it and nothing happened either way. I am quite sure that one is a large enough sample size to prove something.

@Angryde

Are those your hands in the photo or did you use a stand in?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 1,143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.