Arena Season 11

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 540 total)
  • Replies
  • KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@toolow Oh I just got message from Stefan. Nothing special written there. He sent me 100LCs as compensation and told me that he removed the cheat label from me. So I made my answer, that I can foretell the future :) I will be labelled as cheat again and u will send me inappropriate compensation again. It means there is no reason to play events for me. And I asked him when is going this bug be fixed.

DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc I know the answer to that: it’ll never truly go away forever. When it’s squashed, it’ll intone: “I’ll be back.”

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@pointless   I’m not sure that works anymore. I started last week mid-week like I always do and the guy in first had around 24,000 points, and second and third were not far behind that. None of them got labeled as cheaters, so I’m not sure why people here get flagged so often. I’ll try it again this week and see what happens. I have to say that I am losing my enthusiasm for the game. About the only joy I get is using @datguygamer awesome set of birds to clear dungeons. It’s like having Zeus, Poseidon, Apollo, Ares, and Artemis help out.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

As an aside, I couldn’t figure out who those birds belonged to, and I was a little squicky about using them. But now I know it is @datguygamer, kinda raising the middle finger to Rovio, it’s hysterical.

Well played! As they say in professional cycling, chapeau.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Looks like l will be staying in Gold for another week.

Unfortunately, I have got 5 grinders headed up by LION. They are all trying to catch him, but they won’t. I don’t want to do a lot of grinding in case I get a cheater label.

I have 6 people including PINEZ (who was labelled a cheater) who were on my board last week. Someone called CEMETERY has just been labelled a cheater.

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq Seems like there is no end to this. I skipped last week as I don’t have much time, only to find that I need to grind to climb this week.

Pointless
    @pointless

I had the Cheater label removed from my profile as well, thankfully in time for the next Event, as I was dreading missing an opportunity for an Elite.
    I think I only got 60 LCs as compensation. Maybe a miniscule amount of Snouts, but certainly no FE. Dreadful, really, considering the lost Mastery, as @kennymcc has said, but at least I only missed rewards from a short Invasion Event.

;)
    @winkwink

@pointless, glad to see they took off the cheat label. You are in my league this week and we have some cheaters or maybe hellacious grinders – Maximo already has 117,285 and Adam has 108,360. Talk about Rovio ignoring red flags! Now I have to decide whether or not to keep grinding for 3rd place to make it to Diamond this week or defer it…

Pointless
    @pointless

@winkwink you are close to third, might as well keep up and see (if you have time). This is not the week for me, unfortunately…even missed an Objective due to time constraints and 30 darn minutes consistently having opponents with Resurrect Emblem when I needed a KO three with one attack.
    Oh well, not up to grinding 200K for top anyways.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@pointless

Glad to see they have removed that awful label quickly. Shame on Rovio for giving it to you, an honest player, in the first place.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless really happy it has been removed in time for the Event.

I will be staying in Gold this week. I have AVS again I don’t know how since he rose to Gold last week and he certainly cheats constantly. Perhaps he was matched with even bigger cheats. I think one other is cheating but I certainly don’t have the time or inclination to grind one hundred plus points.

Pointless
    @pointless

@suzyq @bubbley thank you. I will admit I was somewhat nervous about the whole thing, as technically they could have said I did cheat (albeit unknowingly and most unwillingly). Darn reset of Objectives :(
    I am looking forward to the Event, as this Arena week is a total write-off. I will have to grind a fair bit to be top 10 even, it seems.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

this arena week pairings are Good: full of grinders, not heavy ones, and none of the skyrocketing cheaters make his appearance on my group. I think I could Place First with an additional final efforts because I’m actually waving from 1st to 3rd Place during my gameplay sessions.

I’m greedy on shards. After Fully enchanting 3 ancient weapons I left only 2 remaining shards in my pocket. Need more of them from arena chest and wheel :-)
    First Place needed ;-)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless I am just keeping in the top 10. Two of my weeks have been written off by cheats so hopefully an easier week next.

I am hoping for E Captain having got E Wizard last time but I don’t reroll so it’s about luck for me. Fingers crossed you get E Wizard this time.

Allan Renè Steentoft Kjeldgaard
    @allan-rene-steentoft-kjeldgaard

Thanks @suzyq.

I have tried but nothing happened so far. Hopefully they will come around to it.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@bubbley @pointless @suzyq @jamairoqui @angryde @toolow
    I was labelled as cheater again, again, again and again. I think 4 weeks in a row already. So Rovio was/is unable to make any progress with it almost whole month, WTF??? Rovio keeps me away from getting mastery points from events (4 events in a row). 200LCs so far is really poor compensation if u compare it with what I could get from all those events.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@kennymcc

Can’t believe it’s happened again!! You must be seething, I would be in your place. I don’t know anything about programming but is it really such a complex problem to sort out????

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@kennymcc I wonder if there is code in their cheater detection algorithm that sensitizes you, so that if you get flagged once, you have a higher likelihood of getting flagged a second time. The idea here being that if you get flagged as a cheater, there is also a second flag that gets triggered that tells the system that even though you aren’t a cheater now, you have been flagged in the past, so the system knows to keep an eye on you more closely. (This is equal to double-secret probation, I think.) It might even mean the detection system uses a more strict set of rules on you.

What exactly are you doing to get flagged? It can’t be just running up the score by grinding. The lead buy in my event has over 30,000 points and it’s not even through day 2. He hasn’t been flagged as a cheater. So there has to be something different about how you’re playing.

(Note that I think it isn’t quite fair to call it a cheater detection algorithm. it’s more like a detection algorithm that flags certain specific behavior patterns that, depending on circumstance, may or may not reflect cheating, but they aren’t going to tell you what those behavior patterns are so you can avoid them.)

(If I were a complete cynic, I would say that the main way to avoid being labeled as a cheater is to buy some LCs every so often, because nothing says “I’m playing honestly” like pumping money into Rovio.)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@jamairoqui
    Good question :) Why am I beeing labelled as cheater: Usually imediatelly when I enter 1st battle in the arena week :) It was only once when I was not labelled as cheater imediatelly – I played some points, the game crashed and when I returned to the game, I saw cheat label on me.

@suzyq

I dont understand that too. I see it quite easy to program such anti-cheat algorithm from my perspective. Maybe Rovio makes it too complicated and any additional changes and fixes are therefore even more complicated and bring more bugs than improvements.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@kennymcc  Please do not touch anything of mine just in case what you have is communicable. Thanks.

Seriously, Rovio has a problem that ABE has become this kluged nightmare where you have the standard gameplay on the island now mated to the events and the arena. If people cheat during gameplay it’s like “meh, who cares” because the game had a finite life and once you were done you were done. So they didn’t really lock down the base game code. But then they added events, mastery, arena, all things where cheating made a difference, and now, after all this stuff is patched into an inherently leaky code, they want to make it cheat-proof.

Because they never made the code secure to begin with, they are left with ad-hoc methods for identifying cheaters that are based on trigger points that are easily met by non-cheating players. At this point, it might be better to just say, “Wanna cheat? Go for it. Just don’t hack the game to give yourself LCs you didn’t buy.”

It would become a digital post-apocalyptic nightmare where the strong would feed on the carcasses of the weak, but we’re headed that way anyway as a planet so maybe it would be good training.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@kennymcc Wow, this is totally crazy. I’m sorry you’re going through it. I got labeled that one week but haven’t had any issues since. Are they not giving any answers as to why it keeps happening?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@metztli013
    They keep apologizing and saying that they removed cheat mark from my account and sending some poor compensation, over and over and over again.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc this is just crazy. So the PR team apologise and say the cheat label is gone. The system bots have no knowledge of this so you are still flagged as a cheat. Why not ask the PR team to talk to the system guys? I may be being naive but it’s worth a try. I have no idea how these things work so I apologise if this is just a stupid suggestion.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Nice dmg that Seadog can make. I made it in dungeon with 20% bonus ad.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc lucky to capture that. Very nice, what level of mastery was the Seadog?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 540 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.