Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 206 total)
  • Replies
  • f91jsw
    @f91jsw

I had to give up on this mission: 3 star Pig Dipper M-3. Has anyone done this without power-ups? It seems a 1-bird is needed, or you have to be extraordinarily lucky with two.

f91jsw
    @f91jsw

@graypets wrote:

“If you get a mission that tells you to “complete” a mirror level, 3-star it. You’ll probably have to go back & do it anyway. :-)”

I though so at first too, but I’m not sure it’s a good strategy. It seems that when you get a mission to complete a mirror level, the next day you will usually get a mission to 3-star that same level. If, when you play it to just complete it, it seems like it is easy to 3-star, it’s a better strategy to NOT 3-star it on day 1 and then get an easy 3 point mission on day 2.

If you 3-star all the easy 3-star levels right away then you will only have the hard 3-star levels left later in the game.

Graypets
    @graypets

Believe me, @f91jsw, I am NOT getting easy levels to “complete”. I want them over with. :-/

f91jsw
    @f91jsw

:) Well, there are really hard ones and some that are reasonable. I try to save the reasonable ones for 3-star missions.

Graypets
    @graypets

I have one right now I’ve been working on for days: Mirror 5-18 (Red Planet).

f91jsw
    @f91jsw

@graypets

Here is a workable strategy for M5-18:

First bird at the upper edge of the gravity field. It should hit the two little pigs and nestle in the structure before icing it down.

Second bird under the planet, about half way between the surface and the edge of the gravity field. Split so one of the birds take out the pigs on the planet. The other two go on a pop the big pig in the upper satellite.

Third bird along the same trajectory, and ice down the structure close to the other big pig.

Fourth bird same trajectory, destroy as much of the remaining ice as possible and any remaining pig.

2 bonus birds. 82k.

Kelani
    @kelani

Was there ever an answer as to why some people on older devices see the mirror levels as no-grey?

Stocktoad
    @stocktoad

Don’t like waiting until the next day for new missions?

I hate to spoil the wait until the next day for the missions anticipation some might have and enjoy, but I for one find it very annoying. If anyone wants to know how to get the next missions without waiting until the next day, send me a message and I’ll clue you in. It is very simple to do.

Graypets
    @graypets

You are awesome! Thank you! I was doing a variation of that, but it wasn’t working. When I used your strat, on my third bird I caught Dr. Pork’ s left fin. He spun into the geyser, the geyser spat him out, and he destroyed everything! :-) Three birds left– 98530.

Kathy
    @kathy

Has anyone been able to complete any ‘beat your own score mission’? I’m finding it impossible even without opening BH and try on a mission. but simply trying to imprive my scores as i was before the update :/ it seems harder now to improve any previous score.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Kathy — Yes, several people have beaten their previous score, but then we generally aren’t as high on the leaderboard as you. : )

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’ve deleted 7 or more missions today in the hopes of getting a 10 pointer, but haven’t. Anyone know how frequent they are? The additional points needed to open the next level seem to be increasing significantly.

Kathy
    @kathy

oh o.k thanks for the reply @mvnla2 ;):guess I’ll keep at it!

mikroll79
    @mikroll79

10 points !!! Are you sure it’s not a bug, if not this is a big amount !!! @mvnla2

burpie
    @burpie

@mikroll79 There are occasional 10-point challenges to improve on a level you previously 3-starred. Not a lot, but they’re there.

Personally I became fed up with these challenges on day one of playing. I have to perform chores?! And I have to wait for my chores?! Um, Rovio, can I have a word with you out back, please? I’ve spent the last two days racing through dozens of challenges with @stocktoad’s method… playing various 2 & 3 pointers and rejecting all of the tedious and hard challenges (like those juicy 10-pointers… for me they’re not worth the effort).

@amslimfordy
    This thread is a great initiative and i.m.o. Stocktoads’s formula 1 racing tip should be at the very top of the list. Unless some Russian hackers provided you with code to skip the challenges completely with a 70% chance that their hack blows up your phone, in which case THAT tip should go to the top of the list.

Graypets
    @graypets

Speaking of Russian–has anyone else been getting promos on their device for AB Transformers in Russian? Usually I get promos in English, but for some reason in Mirror World they’re in Russian. I find it amusing.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mighty-red-1 @steely59 — Do the missions have more points as you get to higher and higher points differences required to open new levels?
    I noticed that the last level requires 60 points more than the second to last! Gaah!

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@mvnla2 No, it seems like points are based on the type of mission. “Beat your previous score” is 10, “3-star a Mirror level” is 3, “Defeat a Mirror level” is 2, etc.

steely59
    @steely59

@mvnla2 Nope, I agree with @amslimfordy, you just have to keep grinding away. Don’t know how many times I did the diving / smash blocks / smash wood missions…

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@mvnla2 10 points for a mission is max, so it makes sense to complete the “beat your score” missions and skip the minor ones if you want to progress faster.

Stocktoad
    @stocktoad

Ummmmm……@burpie that doesn’t sound like my method for skipping the time delay.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mighty-red-1 — I haven’t got a 10 point mission, for the last several days.

@AMSlimfordy
    — Do you think they might eventually let us open all for a fee?
    BTW — I read the reference you sent, and tried to fix it, but I still can’t buy anything in Space, even if I wanted to.

burpie
    @burpie

@stocktoad I didn’t mention what the secret method was. Because secret. I simply summarized how I use it to dance through the episode like Rudolf Nureyev on roller skates.

P.S. Am I going insane or are you on your third avatar today?

Kathy
    @kathy

I have a mission to Blast 20 crystals but there is No green arrow under it?

@amslimfordy

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@Kathy Because there is no specific level that applies to that mission. The top post is designed specifically for these sorts of missions.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.