Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 206 total)
  • Replies
  • Margbird
    @margbird

I haven’t posted here before, but I discovered something today that I thought might be helpful for those who, like me, have been having the frustrating problem of having the Missions window freeze repeatedly. I’ve lost points, scores (I once had to “beat my own score” three times for 10 points when the result was lost on the Missions window, but the score on the referenced level wasn’t, so the score I had to beat kept getting higher!) and lots of time. I am playing on an older model iPad and the only way to unfreeze the screen has been to re-boot the iPad and hope.

Today, after repeated re-boots, with no progress, and with the missions and point values changing every time, I finally got a “destroy 70 wood blocks” mission that didn’t require clicking on anything. When I completed the mission, of course, the remaining two froze and required re-booting, but I began to notice that, instead of changing, they remained the same every time. So I decided that, instead of going to the one of the referenced levels via the button on the mission, I would skip the Missions window and just go there directly. When I completed the level, as required by the mission, the Missions window popped up, the badge appeared and, most surprisingly, the remaining window was also unfrozen. I don’t know if this is a permanently available solution, since it depends on the missions remaining the same after a re-boot, but it at least saved me some time and stress today and allowed me to return to real life much sooner.

By the way, any word on when this issue might be addressed? I keep looking for an update with a bug fix, but no joy so far.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@margbird You can work around this bug by NOT clicking the green arrow under the mission.

Margbird
    @margbird

Which is essentially what I did, except I didn’t know any other way to bypass the green arrow. If I clicked on the big green X to close the Missions window, it would freeze everything also.

dmsral
    @dmsral

I’ve found the best way to avoid the freezes is to switch to the Mirror Worlds and then select the Challenges.

mikroll79
    @mikroll79

For me it’s the same thing with the mirror world and normal world: the app crashes when completing missions and crashes when trying to change missions…. No way for me :(((
    I think the only way is to backup and boot my device but i prefer to wait the next update

SweetP
    @sweetp

Has anyone had the mission to complete Cosmic Crystals M7-10? I tried using the strategy in the regular level but it’s not the same, as there’s no tnt box with boulders above the middle planet. Ack!

Kathy
    @kathy

@sweetp i actually have had that one. . I’m at work now but I’ll have a look when I get home. another thing I’ve done instead of coming here to ask , look at the leaderboard for any particular level, see who has a score there and ask directly in the walkthrough page (ii think most are up now) that way if the person answers then others can get an idea of how its done:)
    Kk I’ll be home in about 8 hours :(

SweetP
    @sweetp

Hi @kathy, before I posted the cry for help above, I’ve looked at the walkthrough page but it’s just a placeholder for now, so couldn’t find any strategy. The leaderboard for CC mirror levels aren’t up yet, either. I’ll just go fling somewhere else until you get back. Thanks!

Graypets
    @graypets

I did it not too long ago. 1. Red bird to top Crystal. 2. Lazer bird up over larger crystal, double back through both floating pigs. 3. Red to bottom Crystal. 4. The blues may or may not finish off the pig in the valley. Use a red if not. Good luck. :-)

Graypets
    @graypets

I’m stumped. I need to finish M-pig dipper 9. I can’t figure it out at all. Has anyone done this one?

Kathy
    @kathy

Has anyone got ‘improve your score on Cold Cuts 2-4 yet? I’m wondering if the 1 birder is still possible? It seems all these improve your score levels have got harder. And i don’t have a particularly great score on the level

Kathy
    @kathy

@graypets i just posted my 3 star strat on Cosmic Crytstal 7-10 not sure what difference in score we have but i also used 4 birds in different order.

Kathy
    @kathy

@admins @all I suggest to say if the walkthrough page is open and someone has completed the level successfully 3star or not that the strat be posted on the corresponding walkthrough rather than here where it could get lost in the shuffle?

Kathy
    @kathy

@amslimfordy i just re-installed abspace on my phone..sooo of course one of the first missions is try all power ups, i Did just that and that mission will not give me credit nor go away and as you know there is no X out option on that one?
    no rush on an answer as i mostly play on my tablet .I haven’t read all the comments here as there are many , so idk if anyone has had this issue? I have Android os 4.2.2 i think is samsung galaxy 4

Kathy
    @kathy

@amslimfordy Never mind that one i got it..i shut down the game and reopened then did it again and it worked. Now i have ‘find another dimension’ soo i went to find the first eggstroid in pig bang But i guess that doesnt count as ‘another dimension?
    when i click the green arrow to accept the mission it brings me to Brass Hogs level 9-2 where there is no other dimension that i know off?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Kathy — The other dimension is the Mirror World.

Kathy
    @kathy

Ohhhh !!Thanks @mvnla2 :)

mikroll79
    @mikroll79

Yes that’s work, i can delete and do missions
    Thank you rovio for today’s update.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mikroll79 @admins — What’s new in today’s update?

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@mvnla2

• Fixes the Space Eagle bug in 9-15 (reported)
    • Fixes crashing when hitting the green arrow in Missions (reported)

ZeBung
    @zebung

Mirror World levels = extreme frustration and disappointment! Worst idea ever or the worst roll-out ever. DisAPPOINTed! Has anyone complained about the slow-motion-like effect? I am using an iPhone 4s – the screen is gray, the screen c..r..e..e..p..s when you try to scroll to the 1st bird upon opening a level, and the aiming is erratic. Furthermore, not all of the birds work like they should, e.g. the purple bird doen’t redirect and the blue bird doesn’t split. Irritated!

burbman
    @burbman

@zebung – Honestly, your device may be more at fault than the app itself. 4s is very likely at the lower range of devices able to even run the app. With the high level of detail on each level, and large playing area, it seems that the app is more geared toward tablet users than those of us who still play on the small screens of our phones. I play on an iPhone 5s and have not experienced any of the slow scrolling or failure of birds to activate, but will admit to having a hard time differentiating between birds in the sling and having a hard time redirecting lazer to the exact spot I want.

ZeBung
    @zebung

Could be the case. However, I’m still PO’d about the No New Updates for MAC and PC. I prefer to play on my MAC – much easier. I don’t have any other problems gaming on my phone, just these stupid Mirror levels. I know others have mentioned the problems with different birds not doing their usual abilities so I know I’m not the only frustrated flinger out there. If you have contact with Rovio, tell them I think this blows.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@zebung (and anyone else with slow/not working birds problems like me) and @burbman (and anyone else with visibility problems) there is a fix in the new update. If you go into the settings (gear button on the title screen) there is an option to turn off the gloom in Mirror World.

burbman
    @burbman

OMG! @sntrooper you are a lifesaver!!! I can tell the difference between stone and ice now!!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.