Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 206 total)
  • Replies
  • bikkit
    @bikkit

Thanks @amslimfordy My (current!) confusion is that looking ahead to the locked levels they ALL seem to have 18 as the top half of the fraction. BUT – I do seem to recall that they all had 8 before I just completed a 10 point mission, so I suspect from this the episode updates to show my present score on all remaining levels. What’s the point of that?!?!?

When I used to program commercially, we called something as useless as this a feature not a bug…

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@bikkit. I can explain as a math teacher :)

The fraction you see is:

numerator      your points
    ----------- = ----------------
    denominator   points to unlock
                   specific level

Therefore the numerator of all fractions should be equal; denominators should all be level-specific.

bikkit
    @bikkit

Thanks @amslimfordy I appreciate that. The (pedantic) point I was trying to make was that the numerator for all locked levels except the next one is a useless bit of information, as by the time one gets to these levels one’s points score will have increased. For eg the highest locked level currently shows 18/260. Unless they throw me a 242 point challenge (truly a Mission Impossible!) there is no real need for displaying the 18.

But this is distracting from trying to 3 star the recently unlocked levels!

And I’m going to stop calling them fractions as they aren’t

Happy flinging!

meanguy
    @meanguy

@birdmeister With a grimace on my face,I can say that I am relieved, & sad,that this bug exists. After a couple of hours of trying everything I could think of,I finally hit the red X to get a different mission. When the new mission opened,it again was for a level where the birds would not work.I then tried using the birds like the regular red bird.Several attempts later,I gave up and was about to hit the red X again.When I went back to the mission board,it marked the mission complete. I tried that again with the next mission,but had no such luck. Plus,I still haven’t been able to get a feather,even after reading the section @amslimfordy suggested.OH WELL !!!

I’ve written to Rovio about the non-responsive birds on my tablet.I’ll let you know if I hear from them. Happy Flinging !!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Finally got another 3-point mission, but it is to 3* PB M1-25. I’m currently at 47800 and still 2*. Does anyone know how to do this?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Gave up on mission above; new mission is to 3* PB M1-18. 2* = 75k; 3* = 85710, hopefully less. I went from 75K to 85K in one step.
    Bomb 1 to smaller asteroid right and slightly below larger asteroid above floating pig. Detonate so smaller asteroid goes down to left, takes out pig, and causes chain of rocks to fall to planet taking out most of pigs below. 2nd bomb to large asteroid just left of right cliff; detonate so it crashes into remaining structure below, taking out rest of pigs.

Cranky
    @cranky

Okay, I have a mission to dive. What’s that? Thanks….

birdMeister
    @birdmeister

@meanguy, I have also contacted Rovio about this and gave them a poor rating on Play Store. I posted comments on a few walkthroughs alerting others to this so they won’t waste as much time as I did.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@cranky Haven’t seen that one yet. But if I had to guess, try flinging birds underwater in Pig Dipper Level 6-1, for example.

If this works, I’ll update the front list.

Cranky
    @cranky

Yes, that seems to be it. Got 9 dives with only 4 birds, so each time they go into the water counts. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)

vintage
    @vintage

When I hit the X to reject a mission and am told it will be available in (is it 20?) minutes, I usually click away from AB Space to do some other task. What I’m noticing is that, when I return, no time has passed from the “count down” … in other words, because I didn’t keep that Missions window open, the clock stopped until I opened it again. Is that any else’s experience?

added: Just did an experiment where I kept the Missions window open and walked off – had dinner – returned 45 minutes later. EACH of the 3 missions Hour Glass windows show minutes counting down from around 15 minutes! Does this mean that when the countdown gets to zero, it resets if one hasn’t selected the mission?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@admins — There have been several complaints about the grayed-out colors on the mirror levels. People seem to have a lot of problems telling which bird is in the sling; the fact that they are sometimes very tiny doesn’t help.
    For whatever reason, they are not gray on my device, an old iPad. In fact I have to make sure which world I have open by checking level number. Would it be worthwhile for me to take screenshots of the Boss Hog mirror levels and have them somewhere on ABN?

Graypets
    @graypets

In case anyone needs this: Mirror water is viscous, which presents a huge challenge. My strat for Pig Dipper Level M-14: 1.shoot LB downward, then redirect to the Prof through the tunnel. 2. Red to the anchor, just like in the regular level. 3. Terence to break the bridge. Wait for the ship to hit bottom. 4. Second LB shoot backwards, then redirect to TNT. One Bird left. This level takes a LOT of patience!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@admins — I was thinking of spending $ to open all Mirror levels, but I notice that all my purchase options have a stop sign on the select bar. It says “We couldn’t connect to the store. Please check your purchase account and internet connection.” My internet connection is fine. How do I check my purchase account? I may have turned off in-app purchases for Space if that was possible quite a while ago, but I can’t figure out how to turn them back on.

karen68
    @karen68

@mvnla2 that’s interesting, on my old 1st gen iPad my Mirror World is full of colour as well. Nothing gray about it.

This is what I see –
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/karen68/album/picture/12615/

Why would it be so different?

vintage
    @vintage

@admins I’ve uploaded 3 random images from Mirror World as seen on my iPhone 5S. These photos are at full scale – that is, what you’re seeing is exactly what I see on the iPhone screen. Birds on queue are difficult enough to see in “normal” levels and virtually impossible in Mirror World. I usually go through one course just to see how the bird behaves then try to remember for the next few tries.

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/vintage/album/picture/12616/

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/vintage/album/picture/12617/

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/vintage/album/picture/12618/

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@cranky Awesome! Added.

@vintage
    Hrm, I haven’t noticed that about the countdown. I’ll do some digging.

@mvnla2
    The IAP issue may be specific to your device. We have a guide about restricting IAPs that may be helpful.

@karen68
    mvnla2 vintage: Maybe we can agree upon uploading images from common levels. Probably best to compare apples to apples, and not to suspension bridges. :)

AngryAdvisor
    @lesleyg

So…I only just started today and I have three starred levels 9-1, 9-2 & 9-3…I have also completed my first three missions which I believe is the same for everyone on first go…”Complete 9-1, try all PU’s and open another dimension”. I have also three starred the three respective mirror levels that were open. Now, do I have to wait until tomorrow to receive three new missions in order for level 4 and a few others to open up for play?

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@amslimfordy

I have begun to make statistics on what happens when you refuse a mission. I found the possible following pattern:
    * If your mission is to finish a mirror world level (2 pts), and if you cancel it without even visiting the level, then your next mission will be of same type (i.e. finish another mirror world level)
    * If your mission is to finish a mirror world level (2 pts), and if you visit the corresponding level and fails to complete it (after having gone to the completion screen), then if you refuse the mission you can have a 3pt mission (i.e. three star a mirror world level), although not necessarily.

I will keep on testing this hypthesis, but you are welcome to add your own test to increase statistical significance of this (if it is true).

Sglouk
    @sglouk

Wow! I just got a TEN POINT mission: beat my score in some level of Utopia. On top of that, I have a bad ranking on this level. It was worth refusing two points mission for a few hours!

E-Star
    @e-star

@amslimfordy great idea to list the mission tips! I got two more to maybe add…
    Destroy 70 Wood Blocks > Pig Bang 1-14
    Activate 5 Gas bottles > Beak Impact 1 Mirror world m8-8

Graypets
    @graypets

If you get a mission to pop 30 or so popcorn, it means you actually have to play a level containing popcorn. Popping the kernels in the Utopia menu does not count. It was worth a try… :-D

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@e-star Thanks! Do you know of a non-mirror level for the gas cans though? Just in case people don’t have it unlocked.

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@amslimfordy

Eggsteroids E-17 has more than 5 tanks.

E-Star
    @e-star

@sglouk great find, didn’t think of Eggsteriod levels!
    Eggsteriod E-7(20 pigs) is a great one for “Pop 60 pigs” @amslimfordy

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.