Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

• Get Help with Angry Birds Space Missions

I think this will be a useful thread to help flingers complete Daily Missions quickly and with the least headache. Some Missions require highly-specific objectives that can only be completed in a small number of levels. That’s the point here.

Please include any less-than-normal Missions you happen to see! And better yet, the level(s) you think are most useful for this Mission!

You can also include other tricks and tips. I’ll try to keep up and compile a running list below.

• • • • •

• Beat your own score: Now, many of us have spent a long time looking at walkthroughs and flinging through most of these levels. So being asked to beat your own best score can be a high challenge. But there’s hope! You can also use a Power Up and beat your existing clean score.
    • Mutating Pigs: Pigs must be exposed to green acid, such as in Beak Impact Level 8-27.
    • Pop popcorns: More self-explanatory. You need to pop some popcorn, such as in Utopia Level 4-25.
    • Dives: You’ll earn a “dive” each time a bird goes underwater. Most of Pig Dipper will work, such as Level 6-1.
    • Wood: Pig Bang Level 1-14.
    • Ice/Glass: Brass Hogs Level 9-2 or it’s mirror.
    • Gas Tanks: Golden Eggsteroid E-17 (Orion).
    • Popping Pigs: Golden Eggsteroid E-7.
    • Freezing Pigs: Popping bubbles around pigs does not count. Instead, use an Ice Bird or an icy asteroid. Our best suggestion is Beak Impact Level 8-4.
    • Find Deep impact: Located in Beak Impact 8-8, check our post Golden Eggsteroid #15 to find out where.
    • Find Dawn: Located in Beak Impact 8-11, check our post Golden Eggsteroid #16 to find out where.
    • Find Orion: Located in Beak Impact 8-17, check our post Golden Eggsteroid #17 to find out where.
Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 206 total)
  • Replies
  • GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@AMSlimFordy

Are you sure for your first tip ?
    I have the mission “Beat your score in level 24 of Utopia” and I use a power up for beat my Power Up Score of zero but the mission unlocked.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@grimmjow Hrm…. perhaps you have to beat your “clean” score. Can you try that and report back to me?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

It’s Higher to beat my clean score but yes, I will try and report here.
    Do you remember the name of youtubers who make videos for high score in AB Space ?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

It’s clear that people are getting different sets of missions. Thankfully, mine have been pretty straight-forward so far, e.g. complete a mirror level or get 3* on a mirror level.

meanguy
    @meanguy

@AMslimfordy

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this,but here goes. I opened AB Space to see today’s missions. My 3 missions are : 1. Finish level 25 of Pig Dipper in Mirror World
    2. Finish level 11 of Pig Bang in Mirror World
    3. Earn Feather from level 3of Brass Hogs

I opened level 25 of PD in MW & found that I could launch the birds,but not use his power (regular power,NOT a PU).
    The same thing happened in level 11. As for the Feather, I have no idea how to “earn a feather”. I’ve never played for feathers.
    My real question is,in Mirror World are the birds supposed to react as they usually do or is there a problem with my Toshiba Thrive tablet?
    I saw the red ” X” in the upper right corner of the 3 Mission boxes,that when pressed,stated that the mission will be changed in 30 minutes,but I’m afraid that new new missions will encounter the same non-responsive birds. Can you help me sort this out? THANKS

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@AMSlimfordy

I beat my clean score in level 24 of Utopia ans I succes the mission (10 “points” for unlock level of Brass Hogs).
    So, we can’t use power up for succes easier this type of mission.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@meanguy I have no issues using abilities in Mirror World. For Feathers, see our Angry Birds Classroom.

@grimmjow
    If you beat your clean score “cleanly”, sure that will count. My tip suggests that beating a clean score with Power Ups counts as well.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

When I post my first answer, I make this :
    – Beat my Power Up score who was to zero with more 140k
    – In the same time, beat my clean score who was to 137k

You can only succes this mission if you beat hour clean score without power up

ph
    @ph

I don’t know if anyone has this problem but my mission was to beat my score on Cold Cuts 24. I did it and when taken back to the missions, it showed as completed and I attempted to select the next mission. The game froze and forced me to restart. My new score is still on Cold Cuts 24 but the mission now shows as not completed. Bummer because it took me a couple of hours to be my old score.

nocoolnickname
    @tonybaloney

I also have the same problem. I completed 1st mission today of 3 starring Red Planet 29. It was acknowledged with a check mark and a timer. I selected the second mission and it froze. Exited, went back in and 1st mission was shown as not completed. 3 starred again and hit next level button and acknowledged again but this time it saved and I was able to play Brass Hogs 4. But every time I try to select the second mission it just freezes and won’t unlock. Help please. I’m on an iPad mini running iOS 7 if that matters. Thanks

There4IM
    @there4im

One of my first missions was to “freeze 50 pigs”. This can only be accomplished by shooting and detonating the ice bird. But it does not require completing a level. I found that Cold Cuts 23 in Mirror version was a rather quick way to accomplish the mission. Launch Icebird up to the north side of the far planet and freeze that pork. Rinse, repeat.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy — Might be useful to list the points you get for various missions. Turns out that not only do different users get different missions, but the missions have different points. Obviously those who were able to unlock BH 9-6 today got missions with more points than I did. I completed all missions, but was only able to unlock 4 & 5. It also appears that the point total is cumulative, but I don’t know where to find out how many points I have (and I haven’t been keeping track, since I completed all the missions). Is there any way to figure out how many points you have?
    Conclusion: Getting easy missions is not necessarily a good deal.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@mvnla2 It’s too early to tell if these points will be consistent.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy — Do you know if there is any way to tell how many points you have? The points appear to be cumulative from day to day.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@mvnla2 Either look at the next level in Brass Hogs (says 17/18 for example, indicating you have 17 “points” out of 18 required to unlock the level) or at the bottom of the missions page (same indicator).

birdMeister
    @birdmeister

@meanguy, I have the same problem on my Android tablet. Its not just on missions with the old Mirror Space levels, it also affects the new Brass Hogs Mirror levels such 2, 3 and 5.

I thought at first it was me missing something. Then I thought it was a sneaky attempt to force me to use Powerups. After more investigation, I am convinced it is a bug. How such a major flaw could get released is beyond me. But lately, Rovio has been shipping shody games (Rio2, Star Wars2, Finn Ice) for Android devices.

From now on, I will avoid being the first to test their products. If I am treated as a beta tester, I should be paid as one. Is rhis any way to release a product?

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@amslimfordy

Maybe you could add that each mission gives you a number of point. The first three mandatory missions all give one point (finish BH 9-1, BH 9-2, try all PU’s). Then, a mission where you have to finish a mirror world level gives 2 pts, and a mission where you have to three-star a mirror world level gives you 3 points. I presume that there also exist minor missions (pop xxx popcorns) which give less. If you want to unlock fast BH levels, then you have to refuse missions as long as they don’t award 3 points (or more, if there are any).

bikkit
    @bikkit

Hi, we all seem to be on a learning curve here and by jiminy is it steep (for me at least). apologies in advance if this posting is a bit of a ramble, as I’m not sure exactly what I want to say, or ask…

I can’t unlock level 5, my “score” is 8/9 despite achieving every mission it’s thrown at me. I had thought that this 8/9 was a reference to the episode/level of #5, but reading above it’s suggested that this is a score????

I’m interested to see above that some missions apparently score more than others – is this just an assumption or is there some evidence? A bit frustrating if there’s no indication of the difficulty – or is there???

The first 3 missions I had (unfortunately I can’t remember the exact words) were all clickable, ie clicking on the mission statement took me to a level which could be flung to achieve it. But since then I have had to go search for a level/episode where I could do the deed. When first encountered I thought this “non-clickable” status was a bug, so I deleted the missions and received more 30 minutes later. Somehow the timers have got themselves out of sync, ie currently I have 1 6h28m away from the next mission while the other 2 are over 14 hours away.

I think the indicator number that appears in the exclamation mark circle refers to the number of missions available to be attempted – does this tally with what others think?

That’s possibly all I have to offer at the moment but I’ll be assiduously reading this forum thread as I’m in need of enlightenment!

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@bikkit

The first three missions are always the same:
    * Finish BH 9-1,
    * unlock mirror worlds, i.e., finish BH 9-2,
    * and try all PU’s. They all give 1 point each (it is shown above the mission description)

Then you can get between 1 and 3 points for all other missions I know:
    * 2 pts to finish a given mirror world level
    * 3 pts to 3-star a given mirror world level
    * 1 pt for minor things
    It’s up to you to decide which missions you can choose from the second round. What you had, was probably a 1 + 2 + 2 combination (or 1 + 1 + 3), which you accepted without canceling anyto get higher reward missions instead.

As far as I can tell, missions are random. The first I had to complete was to three-star M2-3, which was quite difficult to. I was a hard start! Today, I had to three-star M6-24, which I cancelled because I could not find a way to complete it without all the birds. I am waiting for another 3-star mirror level mission now.

bikkit
    @bikkit

Thanks @sglouk , that’s enlightening and helpful.

and sorry, I’ve just beaten your score on #4!!!

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@sglouk As I just said, It’s too early to tell if these points will be consistent.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

How do you intentionally get new missions?
    The first 3 missions I got today were
    Points Mission
    10 beat score in BI-29
    2 finish Pig Dipper M-26
    3 3-star Big Bang M-25
    Total 15!
    Unfortunately I tried clicking on the arrow, and the game froze. When I restarted, this is what I got:
    2 finish Cold Cuts M-25
    3 Destroy 70 wood blocks
    2 finish Pig Dipper M-2
    7 total

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Ok, answered my own question: If you click on the red X in upper right, it cancels that mission, and starts a 30 min timer. @Bikkit — I’ll join you in the slow learning group.

bikkit
    @bikkit

I’m going to keep posting what might seem like the blindingly obvious to some, but on the offchance it may assist others who are similarly flummoxed by this!

Right, my next mission is available and it’s “beat my own score on level 4 of Pig Bang”, and I see a 10 above the mission statement so I’m assuming that’s the points value as mentioned by fellow Nesters (but which I hadn’t noticed before)

And I did it and my score went from “to unlock BH level 5 8/9” to “to unlock BH level 8 18/22” which may or may not make sense.

@mvnla2
    I think I have just graduated from the complete duffer class to the dizzy heights of the abject moron class. I’ll keep a chair warm for ya!!!!

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@bikkit The second half of the “fraction” is how many points are needed to unlock the next level. Completing the mission bumped you from 8 to 18 points.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Space Missions: Tricks and Tips

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.