Angry Birds Epic version 1.4.3 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.4.3 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 274 total)
  • Replies
  • GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer

Are you happy to be right ?
    The fact whom you are reason means here that Rovio laughs at us with its updates which bring not much contents but always demand more money.

On your place, I shall be sad to be right.

angryde
    @angryde

@vinnieb00 Yeah, I lost my two remaining area lives due to post-update (arena) crashes. Really suxs.

@graugeist
    I understand but am saddened to read your latest post. I’m with @smwforever45… your absence would be a great loss to the nest. I always really enjoy reading your contributions :-(

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@smwforever45 – yeah, I’m probably out sooner rather than later.

It’s not a question of whether I would have the ability to compete, it’s a question of whether I still have the desire to continue.

@vinnieb00
    – exactly. It’s a grind for the sake of grinding. Completely pointless.

@datguygamer
    – I still play(ed). It’s just that most of the content is uninteresting repeats of stuff that I’ve already played, for basically zero reward. Most of this stuff is like the doubled arena rewards – everybody is just treading water, with nothing really new.

@angryde
    – don’t be sad – it’s just a game. I had fun accomplishing the goals that I had.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45

The necessary experience to level up reduces like mastery.

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

@smwforever45 — The problem is not leveling up our birds. The problem is that all set items and banners are also linked to level, so we have to re-acquire all new sets, or be at a disadvantage. Even if the bonus is only 1%/level, with enchantment it adds up — level 60 with +10 would be 15% better than what we have now.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow Well I’m happy for the fact that my prediction came true. I remember you, graugeist and pointless all disagreed with me saying it won’t happen. But since now that what I said has come true, I am happy just for that (the trophy) and nothing else. Don’t take it personally.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

How much do you think those premium elite class upgrades will be? I hope they are 50 LCs at most.

I haven’t used any of my shards that I collected yet. I have about 400 piling up so far. I can’t see myself using them at all until they put a system in place to be able to merge or transfer shards to identical items.

Whats next? Every time we level up, we would have to start over at Mastery Level 1. LOL. They need to change things quick before they kill this game.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@grimmjow
    But I still don’t understand?
    With every mastery level up to 9, you need more and more medals to increase your mastery rank. From 9 to 12, it’s capped at 50,000. Ok, fine. But why would Rovio decide to DECREASE the amount of medals needed for 12 to 13? To me that defies all logic.
    Just like the fact that it takes only 3,250 stars from level 50 to 51, when I needed 4,000 stars to level up from 49 to 50. All other game companies make it harder to level up the further you advance (otherwise the difficulty curve would start acting weird), why not Rovio?

@cdrguy

True. But even considering that – it’s not impossible to win against enemies stronger than yourself. You have the advantage you’re a player not a bot, which means you can make up your own strategy to overcome the strategy that the bot follows, which often tends to be stupider than your own. Arena battles definitely become harder to win – but not impossible.
    I side with @graugeist to the extent that it has a symbolic side too. You struggle to enchant your items all the way up to 10 and then Rovio brands these items as “obsolete”. That’s a punch in the cheek of all those that did this. (Thankfully, I didn’t have the shards for such deep enchantment yet so I’m alright).

@gabe-nestor

I hope they’ll either be a low amount of LC’s, or even better, just a big amount of snoutlings. (After all, they’re nothing but a 10% stat increase so I don’t see why I’d pay LC’s for that.)
    But I bet they’ll be 260 LC’s. Because Wynaut. (Pokémon inside joke)

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

The more I think about it, there is no reason they should have increased the level cap. Without really adding anything new, they cost me about 1500 LC that I have used in the GPMs to acquire my level 52 gear. Not to mention the wasted shards if people have been using them to enhance their items.

Where is the incentive to use LCs now to get level 62 gear? If I used all my LCs to try to get that gear, in 6 to 9 months they are just going to raise the level cap again and make all are gear obsolete and useless again.

They need to make set items scale with your level. I would say that they could guarantee that the level cap wont increase again but we all know that would be a lie.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@gabe-nestor
    There would be a good reason to increase the level cap – more Chronicle Cave levels, or alternatively a new island (we can dream can we?). However, since there are none (and I see no sign yet that there will be more)… I guess that level cap increase was unnecessary. The only good it brings is more free LC’s for each level-up…

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

They could add more caves and just not increase the pig level beyond 50.

burbman
    @burbman

@smwforever45 – The second island has always been my thought on how this game would be able to grow. AND… The movie clearly shows that there is both a piggy island, and a bird island, which if overrun by pigs, the birds might have to battle to re-take…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

And while we’re at it, more birds with more classes. Stella appears in Fight! so why not in Epic too?
    She could be a defensive bird like Red but be able to do damage to all enemies at the same time like Chuck. Or something the like.

PvE has clearly been getting no love lately… More bird levels and mastery ranks aren’t changing anything about it. All we get is occasional new cave levels (which are not connected to a storyline at ALL, they’re just there…), and a few new blueprints (which none of us actually use – let’s face it)

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

So I checked the forum this morning and see…OMFG new level and MASTERY CAP!! I was down to just two classes below 12 – Treasure Hunters at 9 and Frost Savage with less than 10K short of 12. Fortunately my game hadn’t updated yet, so I quickly disabled auto updates and got to grinding away. With a couple of fortuitous visits to the dojo and enough SRC runs to bring my phone close to critical mass, I managed to get Frost Savage to 12 within a few hours and was able to do the glorious, glorious 250+ final taps to get get the last class to 12 as well. *whew*

Then, I finally updated.

So…now when I try to play the video for the free GPM spin, the game crashes. Every time. Went to try to play the ad for the 10% bonus before fighting a battle, and again it crashes. Apparently ads are broken, at least for me.

There was also a Special Offer from Piggy McCool’s shop. Clicking the shortcut from the map, it showed the Witch class for 999 snoutlings (not LCs). Didn’t describe itself as the Elite upgrade, rather it looked like an offer to just buy the class. Tried to buy it, but nothing happened. Tried to exit the screen, and nothing happened. Had to force-quit the game. When going into the nest later, the offer apparently was in the “Specials” section, but I got a blank screen when opening it. Not even the stuff that’s usually there, just the black background. I was able to exit, though, and when doing so, there was a brief glimpse of the Witch sale again.

The special offer is expired now, but still crashes when I try to play videos. [makes grumbling noises]

YouStoopid
    @minh207

rank 15
    I just got few classes up to rank 15 and this is ridiculous. Are they really this underpowered or Rovio just trolling me?

Pointless
    @pointless

You have Classes at M15 already? How?

Ads cause immediate crashes, can’t be good for Rovio…well done (again)

Level Ups are meaningless, very little to benefit from in terms of the meta

Missed Valiant more than I thought, but really this can’t be all to keep me playing.

YouStoopid
    @minh207

Well yeah but seems like M15 classes are 10 times weaker than M12. The damage they deal apparently equal to rank 1 classes LOL. I believe this is a huge bug and Rovio should fix it in the future.
    At least they fixed Valiant and I’m using it atm.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

22,000+ LCs… LOL.

For those of you who don’t have huge piles of LCs and snouts, I’ll share my thoughts on how to stay:

1. get to Level 60, hoping to set up a lucky free advanced pig spin; bank LCs until then.
    2. auto-run my primary Arena team (Wizard, Witch & Sea Dog) in SRC for XP, Mastery, Snouts and Stars.
    3. buy snouts mastery at Dojo every few hours.
    4. spend LCs go into the 5xRR for lv.60 Set Items, hunting 1st Mana / Lighting, Gladiator / Scissors and Sweet; 2nd Masamune / Dragon and Beep! / Artillery.

Good luck!

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@angryjohnny yes, I also have the same experience. The game crashes very often. Those “watch an ads” things (GPM, AGPM and treasure box inside the cave) always crash when I click on the button. It also crashes whenever I click on the play button for the second arena battle. (Confirmed that by crashing the game three out of three times.)

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@suikyo For a while yesterday the game stopped crashing, however today the crashing has started again so I suspect that one of the servers that Rovio is running is having some serious issues. It is really a gamble whatever server you get connected to when you start up the game so this is really unfair.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

@graugeist

I’ve been doing this. Been auto-running SRC for hours now. I’m currently up to level 54.

You use Wizard, Witch, and Sea Dog? Personally, I use Paladin, Wizard, and Captain.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer

I assure you not to have taken it personally.
    I wanted just that you realize that the fact that you have reason means mainly your capacity to prove that Rovio laughs at us, unfortunately.

We have just lost @Graugeist, I hope that we shall all the same continue to play and to discuss together.

I’m grinding SRC, aims are :

– Level 60
    – Mastery 15 for all Class of 4 birds
    – Spend Snouth in Dojo for the last Birds with infinite offer
    – Set items : I keep my level 50 enchanted and I will get only on level 60 new set items

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

They should let us use shards to be able to level up our old set items to our current level.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

The update should have raised all existing max level set items to the new max. Anything a player had that was level 52 should have upgraded to level 62. At that point, mark them as “Max” and not a numerical level, so if in the future the cap is raised again the items would still function at the maximum level.

This would have provided the level 60/15 space the update was meant to achieve, while not devaluing the time and effort players put into attaining and enchanting what they were promised were max items.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.4.3 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 274 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.