About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,401 through 2,425 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • kelshe
    @kelshe

@rdh91007

Der Alte, the spell bug supposed will be fixed sometime in Dezember according to Hank.

Tschuss.

Anonymous

I’m in a really tough diamond league this week. Last place has 164 points and I’m in first with 459 with second and third place at 370. From experience I know 100 point lead is nothing and can be overtaken just in the time I’m sleeping.

I regret buying all the hat sets to bring my slingshot up to diamond level. Everytime I upgrade not only do I get harder levels but my competition is ridiculously hard. I’ve had games where my opponent has scored 18,000,000 to my 9,000,000. I pretty much have to take the duck or chili pepper card into almost every arena match for that pain in the ass pig that somehow survives when everything around him has crumbled.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@mvfjet

to be honest with you, that’s a relatively EASY tournament if you’re in first place with 459 points and its only 3-4 days left to complete. If only you were my diamond league where last week I placed 1st with 1900 stars (2nd place has 1800) and now this week and I’m at a distant 3rd place with 583 (current first place holds 1409 stars).

Whether or not you buy your hat sets to upgrade your sling does NOT affect the difficulty of your opponents. The reason we upgrade so that the destructometer can fill up much faster, thus giving you more cards, and the chance of 3 starring levels much easier. Some battles are a lot harder than others. You can have just as a hard time facing an opponent with a wooden sling shot than if you were at using a diamond. As many people pointed out in the forum, the game is very random and purely luck base, as in who you face in the tournament, the choice of rooms you are put in the battle and the choice of birds you have to start off with and of course the game’s RIGGED mechanics (micro pigs surviving a big fall or a direct hit from a bird, or my favourite; birds bouncing off their speciality structures like blues bouncing off of glass) or Terence being totally useless.

I always take in 5 spells regardless of what streak I’m on. In one round I can score pretty big (my best record was achieved yesterday scoring over 28,000,000 points (i.e my birds at level 35 (complete hat sets, master diamond tier with elder gold sling shot), other rounds opponents throws in the towel with 1,500,000 to my 12-13 million, sometimes I break barely even (5 star match) and on other rounds I have to get a video bird AND be forced to pay gems. That’s how the arena works ever since they updated in July 2016. My hardest opponents are always ones with facebook users with real pictures (i.e NOT the nicknames or generic ab pictures in the game) and with flock powers well below mine).

Anonymous

I just got all my birds to elder bronze with a diamond slingshot so my flock power is 175 and now my spells all just reverted back to level 1. I can’t wait for the latest update.

KLM13
    @klm13

I have a Star rank of 92, Flock Strength of 184, and Birds at 26/27 and my specials just went to 1. I have quickly lost my 1st place standing in the Arena and will struggle to pull out a top 3 finish. Won’t be playing, except to collect entries, until this is fixed. So damn annoying.

cognitive
    @cognitive

You won’t be collecting very many entries just by coasting; the system is set so that unless you’re in the Apathy League, you will need to play a fair amount to avoid being demoted. I am in 12th place (105*, Flock at 204, birds at 28) and have 360 points so far, averaging maybe 6 points a game. Lost some too. I’m about where I started the week tickets wise.

I play every 3 hours and more in the evening, win tickets, but spend them to avoid demotion. Another Rovio win. Also, forget about leveling up your birds – it takes maybe 8 streaks to level up ONE bird, assuming the feather color does not change. With level-up at 7000, I am not optimistic.

cognitive
    @cognitive

The other thing I fully expect is that while the Infinite Spells bug will be fixed, this will leave many players with hundreds, if not thousands, of spells. I feel we will be back where we started earlier the year where we were playing 5-spell miracles day in and day out, except this time we lose tickets by hard exit.

Is there a fair solution? if we are matched based on #birds only, and spell casters are matched against spellcasters only, give or take a spell, then it’s fair. Knowing Rovio it will take them a while to get it right, if they get it at all. I would not hold my hope high tho.

Davetv
    @davetv

@cosmo2503 The trick didn’t work for me. I had a loss on streak 4 this morning after playing the free video bird and going back to the pay 60 extra gems screen, I hard closed the game and still lost the streak and the ticket.

I haven’t updated yet but I’m planning to after the tournament ends. I’m in 1st place so I don’t want to screw it up. Is the new update any better? Just looking for some feedback before I update.

Jon S
    @jon3800

This is why I hate the arena!! Literally filled with cheaters like Beaky that scores an astonishing 190+ million points. Hacking at its finest, and we were both had 245 Flock power!! No point in wasting gems sucks I had to forfeit 750 chuck feathers :(

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/jon3800/album/picture/21528/

Iggywings
    @iggywings

How did you manage to get an elder gold sling? I have a complete hat set but only managed an elder silver sling

Anonymous

How did you manage to get an elder gold sling?

The same way others have an elder gold slingshot, by having ALL sets (complete) of hats.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@iggywings

I play the game on 2 devices on the Ipad and Iphone simultaneously so I can get pearls/feathers at a faster rate. Pearls and gems are the only commodities that don’t sync between devices as I have 1110 on my Iphone and 1205 on my Ipad

Steps:

1) I horde gems and spells
    2) I play and win both DC and KPC every day on on both devices – 80 pearls x 7 days = 560 each on one device. That’s half of what you need for the 3x multiplier hats
    3) I play the arena religiously every 3 hours and I try to place at least 3rd or 4th and bring all spells to ALL streaks so I can get a 7-9 average star rating, and sync the data so I can a free video ticket. I repeat in 3 hours.
    4) when it comes to buying hats, I buy one set on the ipad, then force close the app, and keep continue the open the apps on both devices so my data syncs, and I have the 1000 to spend on a different hat. So Essentially I upgrade slings in half the time.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@davetv it works for me every time. Every time I am about to lose battle or meet opponents who I know would get 100 million points (there are couple of them) I don’t quit, I just keep playing to the end and hard close game after tapping “x” sign for exit.
    Sorry it didn’t work for you.

bossywings
    @bossywings

@cosmo2503

It works like a charm for me too. The trick have saved my streak a couple of times. Thank you!

KLM13
    @klm13

So. I just spent 2000 pearls buying two Pirate hats aaaand…nuthin’. The pearls are gone and the hats never upgraded. This GD game is like Ground Hog Day. Between the epic cheaters (oh, excuse me, ‘bug exploiters’) we are forced to compete against and the never, ever ending bugs, I am done. Good luck all.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@klm13

I lost 500 pearls a while back after buying a cowboy hat that didn’t materialize. I know a few people since then have written to Rovio and did receive their pearls back. I just didn’t try that myself though.

Der Alte
    @rdh91007

The latest upgdate does NOT fix the level 1 Spell Bug!

Katydid
    @katydid

I won the KPC only to have it freez up after collecting the winnings. The only way out was a warm boot. I reentered only to find all I got was-60 gems I spent. I should never have started playing again!

KLM13
    @klm13

@rhonda90402…it honestly just isn’t important anymore. I have only been playing since this past summer and it has never been free of issues. It just isn’t an enjoyable experience. Never has been, really.

@rdh91007
    …mine has updated twice today; aesthetically only. No bug fixes.

@katydid
    …it’s been doing that a lot to me the last couple weeks.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

Yet again, I was on the 7th level in the Arena, needed the “free bird” to win, and the game froze when I tried to click on “improve your score with a free bird”. The only solution is to shut down the device and reboot, leaving me back at the first level and losing the 750 feathers. Very frustrating, and it has happened way too many times (always on the 7th level) to make me think this is just a “bug”. This game gets to be less fun and more of a chore day-by-day.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Arena is still totally FUBAR and Rovio isn’t doing anything about it.

Just played this character in Diamond league, he scored 45,000,000 off his first bird. How’d he get to Diamond League with only 2 wins?

View post on imgur.com

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

I want opponents who don’t have more flock power and who didn’t buy extra birds and didn’t use spells!
    That’s so annoying to face guys who win millions of points and birds near the end of the match!

cognitive
    @cognitive

I’m playing – for the first time in months – the Apathy League this week. Three people only have any points. I won’t be surprised if a late bloomer comes up but let’s hope for gold. Nearly all opponents also have been the ‘how did you get all your birds to Flock Strength of 200+ and can’t put up more than 5M points’ variety :)

Anonymous

Bit disappointed with the time it is taking to get the bug fix update (level 1 spell bug, and coins for chests) :(

I mean I understand why they couldn’t release it before the iOS RED update due to the way it was scheduled with apple, but the day after it was over, a new update fixing these major issues should have been in place. But here we are a week later (almost) and still no bug fix update…..

Also Off Topic to this thread, but has anyone noticed that mobile internet and wifi seems to be bugged a bit in the normal angry birds since the update on the weekend (bird day update)…and not much better in AB seasons….

It just feels like Rovio is breaking games more than they are fixing them these days :/

MG516
    @mg516

My excitement about playing the Arena is definitely fading. Two hours in to the new week, I open the Arena and first place already has 205 points. I think that is more than I have gotten in the last several weeks. They have all level 35 birds with knight hats and 22 first place results. Should be a fun time.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,401 through 2,425 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.