A HUGE Angry Birds Epic update (v1.2.1) is now available to download for iOS and Android! As usual, the best place to chat about Epic is in the Angry Birds Epic Forum. More specifically, if you want to chat about this update @angryjohnny created a topic here that contains a bunch of very useful info. You are also definitely welcome to leave a comment below.
On a high level this update includes:
- Player vs. Player Arena! Battle other teams and defeat their banners!
- Customize your team banner with powerful parts!
- Win in the weekly leagues for epic rewards!
- Climb the ladder in the Arena Leagues – can you make it to the Diamond tier?
- Plus, look out for an upcoming special holiday event!
Obviously, the major component of this update is the new PvP Arena. The two high points to consider are:
- There are 3 daily objectives, which boost your reward medals.
- You can loose at most 3 times in a day. 3 strikes, and you have to wait until tomorrow (or pay to revive)
- The arena has its own Golden Pig Machine and free rolls on friend’s GPM. You get items to upgrade your banner from them and you can even get set items.
- The goal is not to take down the opposing team’s birds, but to take down the other team’s banner.
- Of course taking out the birds makes it easier since they will also attack your banner.
- The Arena has daily challenges (shown in the top right corner of the previous posted picture). Click on the “Event” banner in the top left to view them in greater detail.
- The Arena Leagues is weekly (Monday to Sunday).
- You can, besides just fighting in the Leagues, also challenge your friends in non-ranked battles. Just view your friends in the Totem Pole and click the battle icon beside their names to fight them. There does not seem to be any rewards for doing this though.
Bonus! Check out his first Arena Set Item, the “Mighty Head”. Wow!
- Want to talk Epic? Head to the Angry Birds Epic forum.
- View the update history for Angry Birds Epic and talk about the differences in each.
- Found a bug or have feedback? Given this is a soft-launch, Rovio will be even more receptive to feedback than normal. Add your feedback to our Angry Birds Epic Wishlist and Bugs forum topic here.
- Main Angry Birds Epic landing page (one stop shop for all Epic news, walkthroughs, guides and more
- Angry Birds Epic walkthroughs for all levels!
- Original Angry Birds Epic announcement with tons of helpful info and tips.