Version 2.1 is here

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.1 is here

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 178 total)
  • Replies
  • KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    Do u already heave any ancient weapon? Is it really stronger than the normal set item of the same Level and same Enchantment?

metztli013
    @metztli013

@kennymcc So it seems. It’s kinda rage-inducing. I’m glad I didn’t spend any LCs on that silly thing. The roll I made was free.

ketchup233
    @ketchup233

Hi everyone.
    I have got some questions.

1. Is not it better to “sacrifice” the same three set items and be sure that we get “ancient relict” as we want and not randomly chosen?

2. What are the additional shards of Arena?
    Will they be able to improve the ancient relict? If so, is it just the arena or set gear? Maybe that’s why after upgrading we have improved the usual shards to level 5?

I think we should wait for the using “ancient relict” to finish the first season of the Arena.
    What is your opinion on this?

P.S. @pointless
    Come on. We are losing. Fight.

P.S. @metztli013
    Why is your “ancient set” have got only level 72?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@ketchup233 To answer your questions:

1. No matter how many times you select the same set items, the outcome is random. You may get the same item or a different one.

2. Those are currently unknown. They are nowhere to be seen in the game.

@kennymcc
    Yes, I have them. At max enchantment, they are stronger than a E10 normal set item. 10% stronger to be specific.

@toolow
    Epic has those epic constants and flags that causes the argument to return a null value. I did get my game to work properly but I am now level 80. :(

I will let you guys on a secret though about that Ancient Relict (isn’t that supposed to be “relic” or is my English rusty?). Every where it is advertised that the Ancient set items you get from the relict are scaled to your current XP level. What no one tells you that the normal set items you may get from that relict is ALSO scaled as per your XP level. I got a normal Paper item after sacrificing three other items. That paper was level 82 as well (since I am level 80 now).

ketchup233
    @ketchup233

@datguygamer

You were right. Ancient relic is completely random. I used 3 set items for Chuck and got this: ANCIENT DOOM for Matilda. Level 82 with 5 Shards. Attack:701. Sorry but i dont know how to insert picture here.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@ketchup233 Not 5 shards, but 5 Enchantment level.

Also if you wanna insert pictures, upload a picture and then you’ll see Embed (Thumb), Embed (med), Text Link, Direct Link. Copy and paste the Embed (med) URL while posting comments. When you post it finally that link will be converted into a picture.

PJng
    @pjng

Oh no blast ads are gone on start up
    Now battle bay ads are show
    Did not rovio know those startup ads are easily crash game

burbman
    @burbman

If I can trade in three level 52 set items for one level 82, and the possibility that it is an ancient, I am all in on that action. Rovio just needs to add more LC to the game, or add another way to activate the relic maker (maybe a calendar item that allows one activation per month) or I will not be using it beyond the initial free offers.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@burbman

Or just make re-rolls of ancients less expensive. I’d rather not add inflation to the game (higher prices, more money injected, higher prices, etc. etc.).

Ancients are a nice way of “levelling up” old gear, to be sure, but haven’t a lot of folks already trashed old epics in order to get shards (I know I have — every single one)? Some really old epics of mine were worth 6 shards upon scrapping — no way I was going to pass that up just to keep around old level 15 crap epics with hopes they would one day be useful.

So, Rovio introduces shards, and we suddenly have a way of getting something from old epics cluttering up our equipment stores. Then, what, a year later they introduce a SECOND use for old epics (that is only marginally better) and at three-to-one, still doesn’t really solve the issue of items so quickly going out of being useful (every six months, anyway). I mean, go ahead — scrap all your old epics now and get a few level 82 epics — even ancient ones. See how useful they are when we’re all at level 100 (or when they come back as candy or golden guns or other useless detritus). This isn’t a solution to the issue, it’s merely a palliative that costs a lot and soaks people for more LC for marginal gains so that big spenders can feel they have the “best” gear.

That’s probably my main beef: to me, the shard system and the ancient system are too similar and revolve the same rare resources (epics and shards). Even Epic’s “new” additions are just variations on a tired theme.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@sutekh137
    Everything you have written is spot on. Rovio wants to keep every one in a trance. “MUST HAVE BEST. I MUST WIN. SPEND MONEY TO GET LATEST GREATEST TREND”…..

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@kennymcc Is one maybe a diamond and the other a stone, for example?

@sutekh137
    I was thinking back to Myst, and farther back, Zork, or when there were things like Shockwave Gameblast, where you paid a yearly membership fee. You paid for the game, and then you didn’t get charged after that.

@gabe-nestor
    What they’ve done with 2.1 is convinced me that it’s time to move on. I will complete my set of elite headgear (finally got elite Samurai during this event, yay), but I’m not grinding levels again. It’s not worth it, especially since the discovery of the underpowered method of playing arena. If there’s no benefit in having max mastery level headgear, there’s no point wasting time grinding them all to the current maximum level. And the same goes for the equipment. And spending more money to get ancient set items? They must be high.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@jamairoqui

@dallasreds

I do think Rovio is just going with current trends on a lot of this. I know several folks (here) who have no problem with periodic spending because it’s budgeted gaming cash. And I can’t really disagree with that — developers need to get paid! I just wish it was along the older channels you guys are mentioning: subscriptions or one-time, up-front fees. All of this IAP stuff is crazy to me, and I can’t bring myself to spend X dollars a month because “it’s what I would have spent the old way.”

Maybe my issue is that in the world of IAP, “enhancements” aren’t the same as DLC on pay-up-front games. If I shell out 70 bucks for a PS4 came and then 5 and 10 bucks here and there for DLC, I get CONTENT. I get GAMEPLAY. No one spends $10 on that kind of DLC just to get a new mastery system that makes their characters marginally stronger via pure grinding. If a studio did sell something like that I am sure they would be lambasted for it.

In summary, my lamentations are more about the quality of content than anything else. I just recently, finally, bought “Field of Dreams” in Bad Piggies. And it was fun and cool and more content. I had no problem doing that, and wished I had done it sooner. But if I had paid for that and all they gave me was the new crate system (that they added to increase IAP revenue), that would be lame. Such additions are not making the game more fun — they are just giving us tedious things to do to FEEL like we are having more fun, tapping into that base “one more level” neural trigger instead of the actual “this is fun” neural trigger.

But what are the alternatives? Can the pendulum now ever swing away from IAP? I don’t see how that will ever happen. Does anyone even sell games for an up-front cost (with no IAP, ever) any more with any success on mobile platforms? Maybe I just need someone to give me some tips on different games to buy. *smile*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Am I the only one that received 30 LC’s for free? It had to do with birds and restructuring the island or something, unfortunately I did not grab a screenshot.

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    I got them too. I also didn’t screenshot, but I thought it was just free LCs, rather than compensation for something.

DD
    @toolow

@smwforever45 @poptimus
    Regardless, congrats on the free LCs. They are literally “lucky” for you; I didn’t receive any.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45

Yes, I got them as well.

@toolow

Have you checked your mail box in the nest?

Screenshot_2017-05-05-20-26-04.png

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

I just got the 30 LC as well, wasn’t there early this morning…

Thanks for the heads up, folks!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45

I’m wondering about the wording of the message “clearing up the skies over Piggy Island”

Does that mean they are going to reveal something new, or am I just being hopeful?

Edit

I was just being hopeful. After reading the FB page the LC’s are for Rovio messing up when 2.1 was first released. It always used to be more than that when things went wrong.

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq I did earlier but there were none. However, the app restarted and the 30LCs showed up.

@smwforever45
    @poptimus Guess I spoke too soon.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@toolow

Oops, should have mentioned that I had the “need to restart to etay epic” message before I got the 30 LC…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Power Pork
    @abginebird

For the first try , i used my finisher set and one other useless set item on the ancient thingy… it didn’t give me a ancient item, however it gave me the mana set off-hand item i was missing for the set …
    and since it was my first try, it was free…
    IMO, this whole thing is just the elite upgrade all over again… the same item but 20% (?) stronger…
    Also, a question… now that there is the “Ancient Relict” added in the nest, does it mean that we earn it in the similar way we get the advanced GPM (with stars) ?
    Because it can’t just be added to your nest when you just started the game and you have to earn it when progressing…

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@abginebird

You got rid of Finisher? Was it a spare Finisher set?

Finisher is my favorite…I love seeing my SeaDog lay 10,000+ hits on baddies like the Kraken. *smile*

(No idea about the nest question — that’s a good one.)

Thanks,
    sutekh137

metztli013
    @metztli013

@ketchup233 I don’t have any ancient items. I did use the ancient relict thing once, out of curiosity, but it was before I leveled up. So, the item that was created for me was L72 but it was just a normal one.

@datguygamer
    Any thoughts on why my regular L72 E5 item is better than @dallasreds ancient L72 E5 item? I’m so very confused by this..

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@sutekh137
    No, they were the only finisher set i had.
    TBH I’m actually not a daily player and a pretty low level player too at level 42…
    so you can actually tell that i’m not having lots of sets, my only complete set is the mana set which i got just today.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.1 is here

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.