Version 2.1 is here

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.1 is here

• Here are the Patch Notes:

What’s new in Angry Birds Epic 2.1.0

The island is changed, flock! You feel it in the events. You feel it in the arena. You smell it in the battles .. well, piggies are smelly anyway but wait till you smell their fear of the brand-new Ancient Relicts and Ancient Set Items you’re going to be wielding to whoop their green heinies. And there’s even more news, read all the details on 2.1.0 below.

Ancient Relict & Ancient Set Items
    Unleash the might of the Ancients: fuse three set items in your inventory to create a powerful new set item matching your current level.
    Re-roll and supercharge: increase your chance to receive an Ancient Set Item! Your odds are 20% from the start, but every re-roll adds another 20% and if one item you’re fusing is already an Ancient Set Item you’ll add another 20%.

Ancient Set Items are only available from the Ancient Relict
    Possess 10% more power than ordinary set items.
    Start at Enchantment Level 5.

New Content:
    Level to the new max: both level cap and the bird mastery cap have been increased to 80.
    Loot the entirely new crafting resources Enchantment Energy only available from the weekly arena wheel.
    Get a taste of the new recipes for high-level single and group healing potions.
    Explore two brand-new Chronicle Caves with a total of 20 challenging battles.
    Event Improvements:

World Boss events: shortened cooldown will be keeping your birds busy like bees: World Bosses will take only 5 minutes to recover vs. 15 previously.
    Invasion Events: Choose your challenge! From the event overview, directly select easy/normal/hard battle without the need to search invading pigs on the world map.
    Mo’ competition, mo’ fame: the leaderboard has been extended to 25 players.
    Claim your new Reward Chest for 1st Place, and it keeps getting better the longer the event is running
    Existing event types have gone through an epic re-balancing.
    We’ll get rid of those lousy event score-manipulating cheaters with improved detection.

Arena Improvements:

Shine like never before with new trophies and frames for season rewards
    Count to 10: that’s the new season duration in weeks
    Another leaderboard extension allowing 25 champs to show off their power
    The better your league and your level the better your rewards from the new Reward Chest for the glorious 1st Place
    Get more valuable rewards from the weekly loot wheel
    Sometimes they come back: at least if you’re using the newly added revive option after a lost battle.
    Cheaters, beware! The improved detection for arena score manipulation is going to find you.

Most important bugfixes:

See it all when you defeated a World Boss: the visual glitch hiding the defeated state and your event rewards is gone.
    Friendship should be building bridges and opening gates by design. The unlock issue at the Friendship Gates is resolved.
    Several graphical glitches in the game’s UI have been wiped out.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 178 total)
  • Replies
  • metztli013
    @metztli013

I’m not sure how I feel about the arena season being only 10 weeks… but the ancient sets sound interesting

metztli013
    @metztli013

So uh…. just to test… I threw in a few duplicate banner set items. It created an “ancient” blessed banner… but it’s worse than the “regular” blessed banner that I already had… *face palm* maybe I did it wrong?

burbman
    @burbman

Updated, but the Dojo does not have any offers.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

@metztli013, was it worse that the *best* one that you had, or the ones you created it *from*? (I don’t think you wasted your better items on a test with unknown results, didn’t you?)

Yeah, no dojo to me either.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

@metztli013 What are the differences in enchantment levels?

I’m not trying that ancient stuff until I hit 80. The new cave sucks. I hate those ninja pigs.

Coach MP
    @coachmp

Ninja pigs are tough, have some success with:
    Chuck=rainbird
    Matilda=Druid
    Blues=Rouge

I may bring red with, samauri or guardian for their shield and then direct all attackers too them with rouge. We’ll see.

I did have a few birds who had negative mastery. The bar was filled but read a negative number. So when I used them in cave 9-5 (farming spot) the first wave that I finished bumped them up to the next mastery level. Which I’m assuming meant the mastery levels have once again been changed? I feel bad for the guys (and gals) trying to finish that chart.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@werehamsta @gabe-nestor @whoeverwantstoknow

I used 2 level 72 unenchanted sky cloaks and 1 level 72 unenchanted sky shield (for no particular reason, they were just the first obvious duplicates that I saw).

Here’s what I got:

Here is the “ancient” blessed blanket: *NOTE – it doesn’t say ancient anywhere?

And here is the regular blessed blanket (of which I still have two):

burbman
    @burbman

50 LC reroll! Yikes!

metztli013
    @metztli013

@burbman I know right?!

metztli013
    @metztli013

Wait wait wait, after rereading those patch notes.. I think you’re not guaranteed an ancient, you just have a 20% chance? and then more of a chance if you reroll, and more if you use an ancient item to fuse? Ok so that banner I rolled is apparently not ancient. But, I feel like it should have been at least the same as the other blessed blankets that I had

David
    @davidt18

So I have been playing several different lvls for stars so I can lvl up to max again. Anyone else noticed it looks like pigs aren’t dropping any stars and when I hold on what lvl I am to see how many stars I need until next it doesn’t show anymore.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

So now, 25 players on the leaderboard – urk.
    10 new ranks and apparently the entire rank-up requirements have been reset – urk.
    Merging set items – cool. But 50 LC’s to re-roll in case you don’t get an Ancient set item – yikes!

I’m not sure what to think of this update…

Pointless
    @pointless

Update introduces a new layer of cash grab, no less, and no less than to be expected. The LC requirements for crafting the Set Items are insane. Maybe better to wait until a 5x a take the luck that way.
    Made it to L80 though, banked XP potions do come in handy. Played through the two new Caves and one replay, and there we go :)
    Last Boss is a joke, for any interested. Just use Treasure Hunters.

Where is this mystery Orb currency?

PJng
    @pjng

@davidt18 already not showing remaining star to next level on v2.0

@burbman
    dojo still offer me classes.

Pointless
    @pointless

@pjng are your Classes at M70? I am not getting Dojo offerings either, stuck with the “No More Available” message.

PJng
    @pjng

@pointless not yet 70, lv 61, classes around lv40

Pointless
    @pointless

@pjng I am assuming that’s why you are still getting the Dojo offerings. I am lucky enough to have all Classes at M70 (as does @burbman V1.0, I believe). This luck does not extend to more Dojo purchases being available, for now at least.

Anonymous

I got insanely lucky on my first Ancient whatever fusion attempt. Junked some old lvl 62 set items I never used, and got an Ancient Hunters Horn, to FINALLY complete my Avenging Will set, which I’ve been absolutely DYING to get.
    That said, I don’t intend to use it a whole heck of a lot more. Very expensive!
    I’m up to xp lvl 80 via xp potions in the caves, but also no dojo offers for any of my M70 birdies.
    Definitely done trying to track mastery levels in my second account, now that they’ve reset the parameters AGAIN.

Anonymous

@datguygamer
    Can you tell if Mythic emblems can come from the Ancient Relict?

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

I was hoping that ancient totem thing would be able to merge items to transfer enchantment levels. I am not liking this new relic thing. 50 lcs is way expensive for any re roll plus it takes 3 set items to get a 20% chance at a ancient weapon, thats ridiculous. They don’t even explain if the set item you get is random or like one of the set items that you use in the process.

I think once I get the rest of my elite headgear, I am done with this game.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

What’s a good way to level up quickly? I don’t want to use the ancient artifact item and get new gear until after I hit 80.

Also, the game no longer says how many stars until the next level. It may be a glitch. It wouldn’t surprise me.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@metztli013 Yes, you just have a “chance” which increases after every Lucky Coin re-roll OR you sacrifice an Ancient Set item. Also cost for re-rolls are different for arena and non-arena golden machines

@smwforever45
    Rovio themselves responded to me saying they are grateful for all the ideas fans give which leads me to believe that the idea I have way back in the Arena Season X thread where I said set items should be half enchanted upon getting was implemented (but not in the way I hoped). Did you get one too?

@pointless
    How the heck did you level up 80 in one night?

@poptimus No they don’t unfortunately. Only set items (even though Mythics can be enchanted upto E10).

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@gabe-nestor If you have spare set items lying around you can sacrifice them to get a level 82 ancient set item, directly if you have reached XP 80. The only drawback is that the chance is 20% if you are not willing to waste Lucky Coins.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless One thing they obviously changed is that those new items are now crafting resources (WHAT?) and you can get them from arena wheels. But they will be used for I can’t find anything in-game (I thought they would be used to craft those premium potions but no) and even in codes (because that section is encrypted). So I am guessing once you unlock Season 11 (which starts may 7), you will get some as free or they will unlock once you get them from the wheel. So far the currency/crafting resource shows up nowhere in the game (and currently cannot be bought with Lucky Coins). That would suck honestly.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@datguygamer @pointless used xp potions to reach level 80 quickly

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.1 is here

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.