Version 2.1 is here

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.1 is here

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 178 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@datguygamer
    Well sure, but an E0/L82 item is going to be more powerful than E10/L47, and of course even moreso once I start enchanting it.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@poptimus Of course but the drawback is that you are not guaranteed an ancient set item and the cost is too much for re-rolling. They implemented our set item ideas in to the mix we sent them but added their own concept of P2W.

burbman
    @burbman

@datguygamer – I think @poptimus is talking about items from the GPM and GAPM, not from the new whatchamagigy thing.

Anonymous

@datguygamer
    I’m not planning on using the Relict all that much. I used the one free roll only so far. I also had two full rainbow bars I’d been saving for about a week, so I have three total L80+ set items now. Will prob spend some LCs on the next 5xRR as well.
    I’m going to wait a while before deciding for sure, but at the moment I’m leaning towards scrapping my old enchanted set items for shards (once I get the corresponding L81 replacements for them, that is), and will use my unenchanted junk set items that I never use in the Relict on the rare occasions that I have LCs to burn.

burbman
    @burbman

@lucy56 – You gotta figure any items dropped into the Relic maker would be gone. Probably better to recycle enchanted set items to recover shards than to use them on a chance at an ancient item. Live and learn.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@burbman @datguygamer
    So there is no advantage to use already E10 set items to be consumed for possible ancient set item? No higher chance?

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

The update says there are new potions in Prof. Pig’s lab, but I’m not seeing any. Are there new potions?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc No. The only advantage you get is that you get an extra 20$ chance if you are sacrificing an Ancient Set Item.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@dallasreds Could you post a screen shot of the stats of your ancient? Does it say “ancient?” Also, does it look different? It seems to look a little different.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Hey all,

My thought on this update? *sniff sniff* — <smells like a money grab>.

Let’s start with the stupidest thing ever — ancients. YAIE (Yet Another Item Enhancement) option meant to extort LC. We already had epic rolls, then shards (which I have used). Why would I toss my level 10 items in hopes of an ancient, and then what shards would I use to upgrade the ancient? I already trashed my older epic gear in order to get shards. Now am I supposed to have waited in order to try to combine them into ancients? It’s barely even new within the realm of YAIEs! It’s just another layer that once again adds nothing to gameplay or strategy (unless you count “open your wallet” as a stellar strategic tactic).

New Caves — seemed pretty easy, but I did have all my birds at 70 mastery before this update. I was able to two-bird all caves (including the final boss in last cave) and still get three stars. I did use the piggie helpers as available (so, six times), but I don’t think I would have needed them. Pretty easy to get to level 80 in experience with 20 xp-doubler potions and slogging through the caves with health potions and rage cake. I used Samurai and Marksmen on the first new cave, and then Wizard and Seadog on the last one.

As for everything else, not much to say. Larger leaderboards are interesting but not that big of a deal, I don’t play the Arena, and there’s no other new content. So it is back to grinding mastery (which is slightly cheaper, it would appear) if I even want to bother. Everything else “new” is just more of the same, and looks entirely like a money-grab. So much for this “version 2” of Epic being some grand new enterprise…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

TheGoldenBird
    @epicpizza

Let’s hope the next update will feature something new like
    -a new island (new boss, levels)
    -New character (maybe Hal or Stella)
    -Maybe update the caves (caves that are above the tenth one have the same backgrounds)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@epicpizza

We’ve been waiting for something like that for more than a year and a half, by my reckoning, especially when talk of “version 2.0” started a few months back.

None of what you mention has come to fruition. Not one thing (which I agree would be fun to see). What we have received instead:

— Bird and Item buffs in the form of either grinding or spending LC ($$$). These items also cost very little to program as they are simply attribute rebalancings. Low investment changes such as:
    ……….Elite classes (again, not new, just an increase to caps)
    ……….Mastery; up the cap, call it a new version.
    ……….Level increases; up the cap, call it a new version.
    ……….Shards; tack on a way to increase power, call it a new version.
    ……….Ancients; tack on a way to increase power, call it a new version.
    — An Arena that has nothing to do with island gameplay, so it is simply a new competitive device where Rovio doesn’t have to generate new content or new opponent ideas…because people fight each other! The new system is riddled with cheaters and basically just offers an excuse for people to spend hundreds of dollars to be “the best” in a closed-loop, contrived competition.
    — No new levels other than samey Cave areas. Rewards are now aligned with the closed-loop, capped mechanics that have been introduced and then just raised every X number of months.
    — Events that reward the user with more contrived “enhancements” that play into the closed-loop buff system (that all comes back to excessive grinding or spending cash). These Events are so samey such that we have seen Valentine’s Day and Easter themes twice now (among other repetitive content — the last semi-unique experience was the Sonic event. How long ago was that?).
    — Team-compete events. Just another excuse for big-spenders to open the wallet so they can feel like “the best” in a closed-loop realm of gameplay.

But don’t forget we have gotten some pretty great enhancements over time, too, such as:

— No paid option for the game: it has always been IAP-driven and was designed from the ground up that way (as all Rovio games have gone). So, hey, it’s “free”!
    — New releases that completely crashed on Intel Android architecture (I’m living proof — it happened to with 4 of their games).
    — More ads.
    — Ads that cannot be skipped and play for a full 30 seconds.
    — Re-rolls that cost more and more, culminating with the 50-LC re-rolls for ancients (which are downright predatory).

So, don’t say Rovio never gave you anything! They really are quite the innovators!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

TheGoldenBird
    @epicpizza

Yes I agree to what u said, I still love Angry Bird Epic no matter what update. Maybe if we ask Rovio they may put a new island
    I got an idea if a new island is put in AB Epic
    Maybe WizPig comes back as Super Demon Wizpig and takes over Piggy Island making all the pigs work for him, King Pig, Prince Porky, Prince Porky, and Piggy Mcool are the only ones not affected by the curse so they teamed up with the Birds and went to destroy Super Demon Wizpig

TheGoldenBird
    @epicpizza

There has been good updates I liked over the last year
    -info board
    -super Golden Pig
    -caves
    -New classes
    -elites
    -5/10 rolls on Golden Pig
    -Health Changes (sometimes)
    -calendar
    -small improvements
    -Rainbow Riot 5x
    What I disliked
    -Arena issues (I still like the arena)
    -Chances of getting sets are lower
    -Golden Pig is now useless (only one coin per day but I don’t mind it due to the calendar replacing it)
    -getting too hard
    -class price is too expensive (Padalin went from 60 to 130 coins) I DONT HAVE THE PADILAN
    -the mastery and level stars are harder to get now (I used to go to Star Reef and King Pigs castle to get both)
    And finally
    -mastery splitting up (my red was level 10 but now level 41)
    That’s all for the dislikes, there has been more good than bad

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@epicpizza

I like the idea of some pigs more formally aligning with the birds in a sequel! But… what if one of the BIRDS has gone rogue! Imaging having to fight Chuck and his rage ability from the other side (and not just in the Arena). *smile*

Of course, we would discover Chuck had been corrupted by the mesmeric influence of Super Demon WizPig, as you mention. *smile*

Maybe even work more tactics in there, like controlling fight dynamics with bird positioning (ranged vs melee, etc.).

I know Rovio can do it — we’ve all seen their brilliance, even if it has become more and more fleeting. But I’m down to just two Rovio games these days, Epic and Bad Piggies (though a lot of that is simply due to no new developments in so many AB games).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

TheGoldenBird
    @epicpizza

I thought of that as well, Red and Bomb are the only ones that weren’t controlled by the pigs and they meet a new Bird and the new Bird helped them to destroy Super Demon WizPig
    Each Bird will be free when a boss battle will happen and this is what I would like the order to be
    Matilda
    Blues
    Chuck

TheGoldenBird
    @epicpizza

And Chuck becomes the co-villain and the only way to set him free is to Destroy the Super Demon WizPig then use Red to destroy his spell (also I want Sword Spirit to be like Prince Porky, originally a villain then a good guy)

Here’s all the villains that are birds in my addition if AB epic
    Super Chuck
    Super hit: lasts 3 turns, Chuck does xXxX damage to all birds and he heals by all that health
    Reheal: lasts 2 turns: heals all pigs by xXxX health
    U can’t poison me: all set item abilities, class abilities, and potion abilities will not hurt him
    Best Friend: Red can only defeat Chuck

Sword Spirit
    Super Hit: does xxxx damage, damage will increase by 1% for evrey Bird health damaged
    Super Power: all pigs do 90% more damage- lasts 2 turns
    Bomb Scare- only bomb can defeat him

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

@datguygamer Do you know if the probability is really 20% for ancient weapons? We all know how Rovio likes to change the odds in their favor.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

IMG_0040.PNG

@metztli013

The 3 stars have blue outlines.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

I definitely don’t like 25 players per leaderboard. They should have increased the number of 3 star spots to 5. They almost doubled the competition for the top spots. Its gonna be a big grind to advance once the arena season starts.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@dallasreds Thanks! It looks kinda….frosty? It’s pretty. And I’m a little jealous because that’s the set I use =P

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@gabe-nestor It’s not exactly 20%. That is 19.4%. Rovio rounded that by saying it’s 20%. Sacrificing an ancient adds 19.8% which again they rounded up. Hope this helps.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Does anyone have any ancient weapon or offhand item? Is it really 10% stronger than the same level set item? If u r lucky and have successfully crafted ancient item, does it have already level 5 Enchantment?

@datguygamer

I am level 80 and I use my 3 old level 25 set items to craft ancient item. Do I get level 83 or 82 – I am not sure about the number (maximum possible) level ancient item from those low level set items?

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

More info:

@metztli013
    @kennymcc
    There is a picture above of Ancient Bird of Just top and a picture on previous page. It is aleardy enchanted to 5 when you obtain it.
    Normal 1 unenchanted – health 14438
    Ancient 1 enchanted to 5 17016
    Both at level 72
    In the lineup where you choose the top it shows to be +2578

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc If luck is by your side, you can sacrifice those set items and you will get an Ancient Set Item that would be level 82.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.1 is here

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.