Thoughts on the update

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Thoughts on the update

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 175 total)
  • Replies
  • Jon S
    @jon3800

With this new Update, it won’t let me see my Facebook friends.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Babe Feathers
    @michele-mitchell

@jon3800 See my plea for help above plus several other people have complained of having the same issue. I went to the AB2 Facebook page and everyone is complaining about it under their post about the new update. I JUST sent a request through Rovio’s support page for information on how to fix this and asking that they please read comments on their own post to see this is a widespread issue. So far I haven’t had anyone who I know who plays that isn’t experiencing the problem or was and has figured out how to fix it.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello Flingers!

We are aware of a problem with Facebook friends for users who are using an iOS device. We are currently investigating solutions to this problem. I am sorry for the inconvenience; I’ll post updates as soon as I know more.

Best regards
    /Hank

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

What about the non-accessible rewards for feats? So far I only know about the one I’m having – slingshot upgrade to level 22 not giving the reward.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Today’s daily task is ‘watch a video’ instead of ‘collect your gem letter’. So now we can actually complete all of them without spending money.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

It seems to vary from player to player, mine still says to collect the gem letter. If this changes to “free” stuff from time to time, I’ll be okay with it.

Anonymous

@hank

Overall I was pretty happy with the update, so please thank all of the AB2 coders for me….however:

Bugs and or suggestions……

1) as mentioned FB friends, however it may also be Android in addition to iOS.

2) as @jo-ha mentioned above, the “upgrade your slingshot to level 20” feat appears to be stuck at 19… example: I have every complete set of hats (yes 22 sets), and have a slingshot that is +22 yet the “upgrade your slingshot” feat is stuck at 19 of 20.

3) Ads….the ad that used to pop up for the common chest does not pop up on iOS and on android, the ad button pops up, but nothing happens if you press it.

4) Not so much a bug, but can you please remove the “complete all daily quests 5 times” feat? I mean read this thread and you will see how much “paid” quests/challenges do NOT please your customer base. It is an obvious grab for cash, and just pisses people off as they can’t complete 100% of the game due to us having to spend money for something that we have no intentions of doing, when you already get enough ad revenue from us all.

5) in addition to number 4, can you also remove the “claim your gem letter” daily quest? Same reason as number 4,it pisses people off…read this thread or your FB page as proof of that!

6) when opening chests (at least rare and legendary) as well as purchasing arena tickets, it takes around 10 seconds from the moment you press the chest to it actually opening. Or in the case of arena tickets, 10 seconds from the moment you press the button to actually receiving the tickets…can this not be improved to 1 or 2 seconds, not the long drawn out process that it currently is?

7) if you are no longer planning on handing blizzards out anywhere (other than the 1 out of every 100 friends gifts you might get), then you might as well remove the blizzard, or if you plan on keeping it, return it to the chests, just don’t over do it as we only complained about the blizzard when it used to come up 8/10 chests. Now it is 1 out of every 100 friends gifts….surely you can find a better solution in the middle…i.e., make it show up 1 out of every 10 chests.

8) Legendary chests….they cost 900 gems, fair enough. But what is the point of a lousy 1000 gems as a reward? That means you make 100 gems. I mean you get better odds from the rare and common chests.

9) in addition to number 7, how about adding another prize of 25 spells in the legendary chest. Because when you have reached max level, you only get pearls and gems….and they become boring when gems you only make a lousy 100, and pearls become pointless when you have all of the hat sets. So realistically for a player at max level there is no appeal to open a legendary chest. But if you make one of the rewards 25 spells (sort of similar to the old 20 or 25 chest) at least we can get spells as a reward.

10) on the map screeen it takes forever to scroll from level 1 to the current last level, or vice versa. Can you ask for a button on the right/left that takes you all the way to the end, or start. As the current layout is stupid and annoying to scroll through which is really off putting if you plan on playing earlier levels to increase your score for that level. Alternatively, break the map screen down into 12 or 13 buttons and each button has 100 levels in it.

11) Hats….as you know all of the hats have different multipliers. I am fine with that, but some of the better looking hats may have a lower multiplier, so obviously you don’t use them as you want the highest score. How about changing all of the hats to your current highest level multiplier, that way if you like some of the earlier sets, you are not penalized for changing back to an earlier hat that might be more visually appealing for that player.

I had a heap of other bugs/suggestions, but for now let’s see how many of the bugs/suggestions above get implemented before we move onto them….

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

9) in addition to number 7, how about adding another prize of 25 spells in the legendary chest. …

Are you joking? Please not. Only the cheaters/exploiters have all the hat sets and they don’t need spells. For 900 gems I want “real” rewards.

4) Not so much a bug, but can you please remove the “complete all daily quests 5 times” feat? …

See my post above. At least for me the gem letter objective was gone today.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I sign all of chuckys suggestions.

I think something in between might be fine – add spells to the “loot table” if you have all the birds maxed out – kind of an alternative to the feathers.

Der Alte
    @rdh91007

@hank

The iOS Friends bug seems to be the fact that a Notification is being sent instead of an APP Invite.

So far I have wasted over 8 hours trying to fix and send and receive gifts.

This needs to ge fixed ASAP!

I am about to abondon ALL Rovio games.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

@chucky-2 You can get blizzards from the tower or buy some. If you run out of a spell tap it and you can spend some gems to restock.

Kt
    @ktcain

It’s hard to enjoy the June Update when the Game crashes so frequently.   I have no idea who is sending me gifts.  Half the time I have no friend list and can’t send the gifts I capture.  I’m losing ground in my Arena Tourney this week because the Game is crashing about half the time, and I am unable to reach the Leaderboard and register my score.  The DC has crashed mid round and the Trail is very difficult to score, even in Airplane Mode with WiFi off.  In all the Games, still getting crashes.

I’d say whatever fun the Summer Update/Download might have been is being obviated by the problems and crashes.  This is one of the worst, and there have been some doozies  since this Game rolled out.

Any relief in sight?

@hank

TripH0P
    @triph0p

Is the Facebook issue going to be fixed soon or do we have to wait for the next full update??

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

That would be really bad… today I can’t complete my daily tasks because I am simply unable to send a frigging gift!

Kt
    @ktcain

And so the difficulties continue today.  As happened yesterday, after completing the DC, instead of receiving the prizes, the Game crashed.  But it remains to be played again and I tried again and  had the same result.  So Gameplay is all but impossible now.  Struggled to catch up in the Arena as only half my scores reach the Leaderboard now.  A competitor easily passes me by.

Surely some of these problems were anticipated.  Every good piece of software is tested and debugged before release.  Rovio is making it so hard to play this Game.

Perhaps it is better to just sit on  the sidelines for awhile.

@hank

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Another bug:  If you fail at the KPP and start it over, it crashes entering the first round.

Crashes again even if you restart the app.

I’ve found that if you go into the arena, and keep flipping screens for about 4 minutes, it will allow you another chance into the KPP…. all within a 60 min time limit.

But as soon as you complete room #1 of round #1 it crashes again.

Well done Rovio, just make the entire game unplayable while you’re at it.

TripH0P
    @triph0p

Im thankful the Android version is stable. Mine rarely crashes and no weird issues with KKP and the arena. Just the fb issue that seems to be affecting everyone

Kt
    @ktcain

@TripHOP

My tablet is Android and the Game is anything but stable as I have just posted today and yesterday.  Glad for you, sad for me.  But the problems are quite widespread and far reaching. My Android friend is having the same issues that I am.  There is much work to be done up there at HQ.

Babe Feathers
    @michele-mitchell

You know it’s REALLY sad because the latest updates came with some great features. I love the Tower and the Bonuses, but THAT update came with the inability to connect and play the arena for a week. Now this update brought the new Feats option, which I also love, and appears to have more fair arena play, but THIS update came with the inability to connect to friends and a ton of crash/freeze issues.  You would think Rovio would have a way to test these updates and debug them first. They are shooting themselves in the foot by releasing updates with such major issues! By the time the issues are resolved, everyone is so pissed they couldn’t care less about the great new features. And I don’t understand why they put out such ambiguous posts on their Facebook page! “We’ve located the problem and it will be fixed with the next update.” Well when is the NEXT update?! Do we have to wait for 2-3 months like between the last one and this one?!  It’s like pulling fingernails to get info!

@hank

Der Alte
    @rdh91007

Just noticed that the Facebook iOS iPad APP was updated on June 8, the same date as the Angry Birds 2 update.

Could this be part of the Send a Gift problem?

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I don’t think that the facebook App itself is an issue for the connection. You can do all the connecting without the fb App.

I wonder about all the crashs, you guys tell. So far I have only encountered one crash and that was related to facebook as well. I am on top of my diamond (ghost) league, finished the KPP every day (except one…),… I feel very sorry for all the players unable to play the game.

Babe Feathers
    @michele-mitchell

@jo-ha  I have been unable to complete KPP since the update. I get to the third level and it freezes up every time.  Yesterday I was able to retry it an additional two times within the hour time period allowed and the screen froze on the third level all three times. I’m not going to waste any more spells or gems on it. It’s a shame because I love that they aren’t the same old overused KPP levels as before.  Hopefully it gets fixed with the update also.

Mariusz Stupiński
    @mariusz-stupinski

I have suffered from the freeze since mid April with Rovio being unable to fix it and responding to my queries every two weeks, my game also freezes up on the last screen when I am about to get to the leaderboard, this relates to DC, levels or KPP. Arena is unplayable either, the game freezes up on the “searching for opponent” stage and then crashes. Also the starting up and loading times take now literally 2 hours and when I finally get to the home screen, the game is so vulnerable and fragile to any action I take being it collecting daily feathers, opening the chest or buing the hats. Needless to say it often crashes by itself if I do no action.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

They update every 2 weeks in general. I would hope for a major bug like this they would update sooner, but probably have to wait 1 more week. At least do a patch. But they have their update schedule I suppose.

ADBjester
    @adbjester

@ryan-kochie wrote:  They update every 2 weeks in general. I would hope for a major bug like this they would update sooner, but probably have to wait 1 more week. At least do a patch. But they have their update schedule I suppose.

—–

I doubt you’ll get an answer from Rovio (aside from “next update”), for a couple reasons, but I can offer you some better speculation.  Why no hard date?

1) They can’t, due to conflicting store front schedules.

2) Everyone hates vaporware.  Software releases shouldn’t be preannounced.  They should just happen. To do otherwise invites all kinds of trouble when you “miss a deadline” (and let’s face it, if Hank said “next week”, and then a showstopping bug delayed it two more weeks, you’d be on him like flies on a pig pen).

So, when will you see this fixed?  My guess is, not as soon as you’d want, though it would be pleasing to see otherwise.

First, Ryan, they don’t “release every two weeks”.  There’s a huge difference between the rollout of new bird rankings or new “trail” levels (those just happen, without needing to download from the App Store), and an actual content drop (splash screen changes, underlying program code changes, new hats or new gameplay concepts introduced).

While we do get new levels and cards every two weeks, a content drop is scheduled far less frequently.  I don’t have exact numbers, but think about the recent updates and you should get the idea.

Before “Spring” it was “Easter”

Before “Easter” it was “Valentine’s Day”

Before “Valentine’s Day” it was “Winter”

Before “Winter” it was “Halloween”

So, we’ve had five versions in about 10 months.  That jibes with my recollection of prior updates, too — about one update every 8 weeks, give or take.

I would bet money that the next SCHEDULED update isn’t slated until at least the end of July.

I would also bet money (but would be happy to lose) that it will be difficult for them to come out with an unscheduled patch, primarily due to Apple’s store requirements.  There’s no such thing as a “patch” in the Apple store.  Even a one-byte change to correct a spelling error would require a re-download of the entire 425 MB installer… and AB2 isn’t exactly unpopular.

Apple often restricts developers of downloads that are both HUGE and FREQUENT to scheduled release dates.  Rovio may not be *able* to deviate from their internal schedule per agreements with Apple (or other stores)…. and may be prohibited from even acknowledging this by that same contract.

I hope I’m wrong, and that they can get a new version out.

But don’t get your hopes up.

Jester, who has absolutely no inside information whatsoever and is only speculating

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Thoughts on the update

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.