Thoughts on the update

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Thoughts on the update

• I’m of mixed feelings.

I like the new chests and I love the new KPP.

I really, really hate he punch card for buying things though. It feels just grossly pay to win.

There’s allegedly an increase to Silver and Blizzard’s power, but I haven’t seen a difference yet. I haven’t played enough to truly compare though.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 175 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

They canned the mighty eagle pause trick….yet another reason why posting little tips and tricks should only be kept to PM.

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

I’m of mixed mind on that. I really felt screwed over by the game and was happy to learn some things that made me feel like I could make up for the value I lost. I don’t know that I would have ever PMed random strangers to find out if there were some exploits. So I’m grateful this community has been so open and sharing.

It also keeps a lot of people playing a very broken game. The mighty eagle spell should cause massive destruction. It’s not just about the points, it’s fun to see. It’s stupid we have to find work around to make that happen.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

If Anything , They Brought Back the All Bosses King Pig Panic.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

No more mighty eagle pause??? Oh well, until someone find another one.

No more super cheap hat sets, the Easter and Work sets are 500 pearls each. Grabbed 1 set this morning as I have 3600 pearls floating around. A Slingshot upgrade never hurts.

Draw a card treasure chest is nice. There seems to be bigger prize in the mix.

KPP with all King Ping levels will be a hit-n-miss IMO. Managed to go thru 2 levels but not the 3rd one. It will all depends on which King Pig rooms they use as some are easy to do than others.

No point to dashboard once arena match is done either, spell usage will be counted no matter what.

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

Just so you guys know, the legendary chest is awesome after you have all the birds at max level. Without having feathers in the mix, the chest will give you either a full refund of gems (plus a little extra), 500 or 1000 black pearls, or an x10 hat and yes this includes the mythic ones.

Chopsting
    @chopsting

@ineptidude wow awesome, are you spending tons of money or how did you end up being max level on all your birds? What is even the max level…

Could you screenshot how it looks?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Am I seeing this correctly? 120 gems to PLAY the ToF if your ‘wait’ period is not up? At least you could give us an indicator of how long we should wait, instead of just charging and making us guess how long until we play it again.

Why would anyone waste 120 gems for this obvious scam? It’s already a colossal gem vaccuum as it is. Rovio, you’re going to begin by ripping me off 120 gems to get in there and then give me that green pig on floor #2 (LIKE EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TODAY?) SCREW THAT

@chucky-2 exactly what I mentioned in that thread. We need to

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

@chopsting mmmmm okay but I don’t discuss finances or PII

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Is that 250 gems just to get into the ToF?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@ineptidude interesting, it costs you 250 gems to play the T0F off-timer but for me it’s 120 gems…

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

Yeah I have no idea why either. It’s been 250 for six hours so it’s not time based… I think. Maybe it’s the difference in amount of hats?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@captsternn Yes- on ‘off-time’ it costs 250 gems just to get in (well my game says 120), not to mention the treatment you get when you actually play the game.

When your timer rolls you still get the free admission.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Thanks, DJ. Guess I will find out what my cost is later. My tower is still dark.

desperados
    @desperados

lol i liked the look of new legendary chest…head and side wings look like a griffon bird. i liked the 3 king pigs just beat them with 120 gems they also fixed the spells you no longer have your spells unused if you close and start game after earning stars so spells are gone no matter what you do.

But anyone else earned bonus points so far? i guess they are only obtainable by using real money i like the looks of bonus point badges but they are not visible on your main profile i guess.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

My ToF freebie round is still 9 hrs away, no gems offer to rush it.

If I pay to get in, do I get 10+ pig free rooms?

SumoBro
    @sumobro

My thoughts and findings:

Hats that cost 1000 BP are now 4x instead of 3x. As such, 25000 BP hats are now 10x instead of 5x. I know this because I got the pirate hat for Red yesterday. He was 29x yesterday, but now he is 30x.

Rovio, please fix the annoying new bug where whenever I exit the game I immediately get 2 notifications telling me “You Have a Free Arena Entry” and “The Tower of Fortune is now open!” Stop. I’m not playing Clash Royale. I don’t need more notifications. (I do like the new notification telling me I have a common chest available)

I’m sad new players can now get 1x and 2x hats easily now. I remember when we only got 10 BP a day and we all had Bronze Slingshots.

KPP: I spent 120 and then quit.

“VIP points?” Lets look at these new “Bonus Points” for a sec. If you spend $100, you get 1500 points. Cool. IT TAKES 150,000 points for the final rewards. Is that $10,000, I mean really! What!? At least let us earn small amounts of points easily!

Chests earned in the arena now act as Rare Chests from the Chest tab. I like the new common chests. They’re cool.

Also, the Blizzard has definitely had an improvement.

Overall, good update. SumoBro Approved!

Jon S
    @jon3800

@ineptidude
    Legendary chests are INDEED awesome. Congrats on your master emerald slingshot. Hopefully we’ll be battling each other soon :)

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

My biggest issue is Rovio have let the exploits existed for so long where they should have patched them immediately. Now they take it away the game is less enjoyable for us to play.

Anonymous

The mighty eagle seems so under powered since they patched the ‘swoosh pause trick’, I just can’t look at the eagle the same :(

Not sure why some have an option to pay to use TOF…Mine appears to be 1 entry every 20 hours and that’s it.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I like the new chests, but basically that’s all the positive I can say about the update :-/
    Edit: sorry, that’s not true! I also like silver’s “new” power and the blizzard.
    The levels are still boring as hell.
    The new hats are okay – the multipliers of the hats don’t really matter anyway, no matter how much.
    Fixing the exploits was a matter of time, but in case of the eagle it’s just cheap – who got hurt by that…?
    Paying to get into the tower? Wow…
    “Bonus” system… that’s just ridiculous.

Is it just me, or did Rovio not make the game acutally better but find new ways to get money?
    Rovio, should we just pay or are we also supposed to enjoy your game?

PhoenixThunder
    @phoenixt

Do the feather rewards not change for “new” day? I was counting on Chuck feathers. Don’t need another day of Blues. I was looking forward to this update. Now I am starting to regret it.

Jim151
    @jim151

Is it just me, or did Rovio not make the game acutally better but find new ways to get money?

The technical term for that is “rent seeking”

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Oh, and the KPP is a waste of time now… I finished the KPP for months now every day. Now I couldn’t get past the first level – why? Because the first boss level is so badly designed, that the boss didn’t get hit by the rocks falling down. If this continues, angry birds will die on my phone. Only arena doesn’t cut it for me – the rewards are much to small in comparison to the work you have to do.
    Now the KPP is solely based on luck. Screw that.

TripH0P
    @triph0p

Arena: This is probably the death of the arena for me..I’m half way to epic silver but I have no motivation to get higher than that. The infinite spells are gone, we all know it was a exploit but it was around soooo long without being fixed that it became a standard part of the game for most of us. Im sure Ravio might end up making more money now from those willing to give up 60 gems to squeeze out a win but not from me. I don’t care if I lose a win streak any more, Im just done…I also used spend gems on extra tickets…Im done with that too.

Mighty Eagle pause exploit: I almost regret posting that trick here but I’m glad some of you got to take advantage of it while it lasted. The removal of it is another reason I will no longer care about the arena. It also lets me know Ravio is reading this site and just looks to piss off the people that play and spend the most on this game. Seeing the way they treat their fans has real turned me off to the company.

KPP: I haven’t made up my mind on it yet. Its good that its only 3 lvls but a boss on all 3 can be trouble. Today I managed to beat lvl1 and lvl2 without gems but spent some to beat lvl3 which is fine but I can imagine a day when I’m stuck on lvl1 or 2 and I refuse to spend gems on anything less than lvl3

Treasure chests: The only good thing about the update. You have a chance to win 5-40 pearls from a free chest and I believe even more from rare chests so I might just give up KPP and just hope to win 100+ gems from chests per day. I haven’t tried a the legendary chest but those have gotten good feedback as well

Stamps? You now seem to earn stamps or something when you buy gems. Those stamps appear to be able to buy “bonuses” I would post a pic but dont know how lol

ADBjester
    @adbjester

@hubert-lo

> My biggest issue is Rovio have let the exploits existed for so long where they
    > should have patched them immediately. Now they take it away the game is less
    > enjoyable for us to play.

True, but for the 99% of people who didn’t know about the exploits because they don’t Google, or don’t come here….

And as a programmer, I will tell you:

1) Some of those exploits are absolutely non-trivial to patch, especially on Android where security is a sieve, or due to the logistics of SWITCHING where item counts are stored (from local storage to the server, which could place high load on the servers).

2) Not all of the exploits have been closed. Our Lady is gone, as is Mighty MIGHTY Eagle, but there are others still there, including ones that don’t require you to hack your phone.

As a player, I’m going to reveal little, other than to say that on the whole, they made the game MORE exploitable with these changes, not less. The primary reason for this is that it is now far easier to exploit for gems and black pearls, without hacking or jailbreaking your phone.

The deduction of how this could be done is left as an exercise to the reader, but for me, I’ll trade Mighty MIGHTY Eagle and Our Lady (whom I never used) for easier access to pearls and gems any day.

Jester

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Thoughts on the update

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.