The Next Epic Event: Easter

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Next Epic Event: Easter

Viewing 19 replies - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow So since Elite Knight brings a 10% stat increase, my default stat of 1114 is increased to 1225 (1114 + 10% of 1114). But as the co-efficient of Paladin is still more than Elite Knight, the actual attack damage is still greater than Elite Knight. Hmm, makes sense. Thanks for the info.

So, in this regard, which class do you think is better to use? Equipping EK gives me a health boost of 10% (it increases from 5223 to 5745) but the attack is reduced (because of its low co-efficient) while equipping others gives me better attack but the health drops.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer,

Not reduced. Attack of Knight is increased with EK. But it’s always weakness than Paladin.

I play only arena with this team :

Chuck Lightning Bird – Phoenix Set
    Bomb Sea Dog – Candy Set
    Blues Skulkers – Robot Set

1st turn :
    Secondary attack of Bomb on Blues.
    Secondary attack of Blues on Blues.
    Chili on Chuck

2nd turn :
    Blues attack Banner (and Bomb too).
    Bomb Attack Banner.
    Secondary attack of Chuck on Blues.

3rd turn :
    … Oh wait, I won in 2n turn…

I don’t use Red…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow Kinda curious here. Since Elite Knight is still weaker than Paladin or Samurai etc in terms of attack, why does the health get increased? Since attack of EK < Samurai, shouldn’t health of EK < Samurai too? My health does get a proper boost from 5223 to 5745 even though the attack damage is weaker than Samurai.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer,

No, the health is better for elite because normal class give only their coefficient for attack (icon sword).
    Equip a normal class. Look the heart icon and look the health by pressing class : it’s the same.

So elite have a better health than normal class beacause elite is the only type of class who gives coefficient on attack AND health.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow Now I fully understand. Man, this was a confusing calculation at first. Say, how do you calculate the co-efficients of the attack? Where do you get your data from?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer :

You have it on the file that I shared on my topic.
    You can calculate it too : (((Main attack – Sword icon) / Sword icon) + 1)* 100

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

I only have 7/20 of the final items because I don’t want to use stamina drinks for this. But once I unlock the class, I’ll do some numbers testing. My hypothesis is that Elite Knight will still be a crap class.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@whiteasice Actually you have to do nothing at all as I have done it already. It is crap; this upgrade is just a novelty for Knight. The only proper boost it gives is 10% health and nothing more (as the 10% attack boost is negated by its overall low attack compared to other classes). In terms of attack, it is still weaker than other classes. Unless they start introducing Elite versions of other classes (like Samurai for example), Elite Knight isn’t something I’ll bet upon.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

If anyone is struggling on the last battle before the Golden Pig Castle, I found a combination that works pretty well. For kicks, and to have a more interesting PVE battle, I swapped all my birds equipment with 0 star weapon/offhands and I was still able to 3 Star it.

Red – Guardian
    Chuck – ThunderBird
    Matilda – Cleric
    Bomb – Frost Savage

Keep pushing until Wave 3 and then just make sure that the support ability of all 4 birds are up before WizPig attacks (doesn’t hurt to have the attack reduction from Red on WizPig either). He’ll take a good amount of damage back, your team will be more or less unharmed, and there’s a good chance he’ll be frozen for the next turn. Take out the bombs when he summons them, use Rage on Matilda if something goes wrong and rinse/repeat.

Alternatively you can bring Blues/Treasure Hunter to keep WizPig locked out. If you don’t have either Treasure Hunter or Frost Savage, bring Canoneer to apply another attack reduction debuff on WizPig and counter attack on Matilda before he attacks.

Overall though, this was an (nother) easy event.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Interesting. This Elite upgrade actually gives a 10% boost to Red’s BASE stats. The class skills remain the same – Attack still does 115% of Red’s base attack, and Protect is unchanged.

I wonder if they will add an Elite version of every class?

@datguygamer
    There are two multipliers. First it’s Red’s old base attack multiplied by 1.1 for the Elite status. Then the Attack is another 1.15 factor. So not only does Elite Knight have 10% more HP than the other classes, but Attack now does 126.5% of Red’s non-Elite attack. You can’t exactly say it’s negated – it’s just a bad class to use in both PvE and PvP.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

I’d say the only perk is that this affects set items as well. Dragon deals 75% of Red Base Stat when attacking so wouldn’t it be stronger when he’s the Elite Knight? (Provided everything else is equal, Mastery, Weapon, Other Bonuses, etc). I haven’t confirmed it, but it always seemed like the Set procs would deal dmg based off of the sword stat.

Still not enough to save it from it’s mediocrity, but worth noting.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I got Elite Knight. I don’t believe that +10% health makes up for the inherent weakness of the class. He can’t protect everyone like Samurai, doesn’t heal like Paladin, doesn’t trigger Set effects like Samurai. He’s basically a trophy.

On the plus side, I can idle until tomorrow morning, when I re-run the Castle for more LCs.

jhcuartas
    @jasoncuartasg

I’ve tried to sign out from my rovio account however i’m kept logged despite it says i’m not, i wonder if it is a recent bug since the game does not let me sign in my facebook account
    Has anyone experience this issue?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Event is about to finish, got the Elite Knight class upgrade but it really wasn’t worth it… I mean yes, it does get a bit stronger in attack and health, but I’d wish for a bigger upgrade than that… for example extending the shield effect to 3 or 4 turns, or forcing all enemies to attack Red, or something…
    I was a bit more about the mastery anyway… but I was put into a really, really tough board, I used to be #2 but all other players seemed to get the collectibles a lot faster than me, now I’m down to #5 and I can even be glad to keep that rank… One player that used to be at #1 earlier is now at #14 in the rankings… and the top 4 are over the hills and far away with their scores.
    Ah well… I’ve got two friendship essences in case I don’t get the 6,000 mastery immediately.

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    Two FE isn’t going to let you re-spin. Each re-spin at the end of an event costs 10 FE. (Same applies to the arena reward wheel at the end of each week, fyi.)
    Try auto playing SRC with Tricksters and/or Cap’n, as well as Druid and/or Rainbird. Rainbird with the Mana Shell set especially. Cleric and Guardian are a good combo against Wizpig too. But tricksters or capn are the key.

Sailus
    @sailus

Question… im in london and the hour advanced 1h. It says that still 1h and 5mins to finish but already 19h.55m. Still one more hour of event?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It looks like I’m finishing in 12th place, with a score of 21k (1st was over 52k). I think this is close to the minimum for getting the new class, as I used FE on the 7s to get the class faster, for minimal plays. I did get it days early, so there are probably a half-dozen videos I could have watched to bring my score down a bit more, maybe as low as 20k.

If I didn’t get a spin, no big deal – it’s only 500 snouts that I don’t need.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus
    Yeah, I realised that as soon as the event ended XD
    Damn. I only got 2000 mastery plus a 6000 bonus for Bomb… but it’s better than nothing I guess. Bomb was far behind in mastery anyway.

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

Well that was a battle royale. I had to score over 86k to win against my nearest rival who had about 600 less and I started the event with hardly any resources so no re-rolling to speak of. He led the entire game with me playing catch up but I managed to take him at the very end lol. Bet he’s pissed! I had 7 rank-ups out of it, woot! Toughest battle so far and good fun; much better than when I’m fighting folks whose rank is in the teens, it’s like shooting fish in a barrel then.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Next Epic Event: Easter

Viewing 19 replies - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.