The Next Epic Event: Easter

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Next Epic Event: Easter

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 219 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Except, they’re not going to buff Wizard or Paladin, because they don’t need it.

Pointless
    @pointless

Why would you think that? If Elite Knight is on the horizon, it would only be a logical conclusion that all classes will eventually be upgraded, including Wizard and Paladin.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I think they’re only going to upgrade the snoutling classes – no need to modify the LC classes.

Pointless
    @pointless

Was Wizard an LC purchase? It has been so long I really can’t remember. Paladin definitely was, that much I can drag out of the haze. Interesting theory though, but does Tricksters really need an upgrade?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

All of the starting classes of all birds except Trickster had a region or platform based upgrade earlier (unless there’s one for Blues that I’m unaware of).

So since Rovio has introduced proper class upgrades in the game, Tricksters will eventually get one. Who knows, maybe all Lucky Coin classes will also get one. Imagine Elite Witch…

Anonymous

I guess the Elite Knight will get additional 20-25% ability increase. Hope the class upgrade will be cool

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@datguygamer @pointless I’m the one who had an absurd amount of items in my inventory. I experienced a bug which duplicated or triplicated my items many times. It was nice at first because I racked up a lot of essence, materials and snoutlings. However I spent 80+ hours trying to recycle items before my inventory got so big that I couldn’t open it without the game crashing. Eventually my game file got so big the game wouldn’t open. Also I’d lose a lot number of battles due to excessive crashing.

It took Rovio a few months to figure out how to fix this problem. The solution was to delete almost all my items except the ones I was equipped with. They deleted more than 20,000 lines from my game file. It was a little painful at first because I used to have 2 or more versions of nearly every set item and went to having only one set for each bird and no sets for my banner since I accidentally equipped with a non-set item once during a free spin, but after they fixed my save file crashes became very rare and the game sped up a lot.

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

So apparently the objective of the Easter event is to upgrade Reds Knight class.

Interesting yet very dubious at the same time….

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@killerkea So you were the one @pointless was talking about. Really sad to hear your loss. However, unlike what happened to you because of a bug, I am actively trying to collect all Epic items (call it a hobby if you will). I am experiencing crashes but they are very rare and I can play the game fine.

Btw, if your inventories are not completely blank by now (both bird and arena), will you help me with some items (names, pictures and such)? I am making a list and I will give you credit for whatever weapons you help me out with.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I am honestly surprised at how negative you people are being. Sure, it is just an upgrade event, but what’s wrong with more firepower in your arsenal? If it turns out to be a pretty strong upgrade, people will immediately start using it in the arena. If it doesn’t turn out as such, well it’s bad but is there anything wrong with upgraded classes beyond your mastery upgrades? Why not just wait and see? Even if you are not interested in the class itself, you’ll get your Lucky Coin dungeon once a day and your Mastery points (whoever needs it btw). I am currently maxed out in Mastery and such but I am still excited for this so why aren’t you guys?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Bumping Knight by +25% won’t make him Arena competitive.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

IMO, this game was already dead after the story ended. I cannot find the fun I had.

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer it’s not that I am being negative on purpose, rather I lament the state of the game. If Rovio’s answer to keeping Epic viable is to recycle all existing classes by tagging “Elite” in front of them and adding a few % points to their stats, then the game has truly gone past life-support. While I enjoy Campaign Events and will play Easter, I truly miss new content, strategy beyond Power and something beyond the same old formats being shoved down our throats. As I said, this Event may be very telling…

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Last Twitter from Rovio : We can choose between old and elite class anytime.
    So, maybe an independent mastery rank for elite class ?

Maybe a rank up system for elite class like shards for legendary set item…

Edit : They will share their mastery rank.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

We can choose between old and elite classes? Hmm, that seems neat. A bit useless but neat.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I think the real question will be for Arena requirements, whether I will have to use “old” Knight or Elite Knight when the Arena requires me to use Knight for X battles.

Pointless
    @pointless

Interest has definitely been piqued. Maybe there is more to Elite than I previously thought. Not sure why else you’d be able (or want to, for that matter) switch back to an inferior copy of a class.

Untitled.png

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

@pointless Maybe they did that so people who have a “special” class like Ronin won’t lose it. I would assume that Elite Knight will be the same regardless of whether you have the basic Knight or Ronin, and even though it wouldn’t be as good, I know that if I had Ronin (or any other special class) I’d be disappointed to lose it for something anyone else can get.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless I see the Puzzles and Dragons event background again. Also, I guess variety?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, yeah, having Ronin / Archmage could have some aesthetic value; however, the functional version of the Elite class should obsolete Ronin / Archmage as well.

Pointless
    @pointless

@dahnlor an interesting thought that somewhat tempers my enthusiasm. I hope that is not the case (although I get it from the “collector” mentality). But as it stands right now, you can’t have both classes anyways. I have Archmage and have no way of reverting to Mage, so that possibilty of having all available (sub)classes doesn’t seem to be something that Rovio has built into the game (at least not yet).

@datguygamer
    I had not noticed that. Again, interesting. Wonder if they’re just reusing the skins or if the new Event is going to follow that Campaign style. Remember being awarded Stars based on how far you progressed in the Wave Levels as opposed to your score? What would really be a little different is if we are forced to use Knight in all stages of the Event. Would make sense, as his “quest” to becoming Elite…

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

Wow Knight are you kidding me. Knight is the worst class ever.

BTW- I would rather choose a Mastery 6-7 Knight than a new Elite Knight

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Makes sense. As you said above, I have that “collector’ mentality and will stop at nothing to get that. Out of all the Angry Birds spin-off games, this game has the most variety. All others are pathetic cash grabs with little to no interesting game play (ABT, ABPop, Every single one of Rovio Stars games except for Tiny Thief, AbAction and this new Battle Bay)

Pointless
    @pointless

@abcdefg I am not sure what you mean. You say Knight is the worst class (which most of us will not argue) but then you say you’d rather have a M6-7 regular Knight than an Elite Knight. No one knows what Elite will bring, and it has to, by definition, be an upgrade of some sort, so how can you say this?

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@pointless- The reason I would rather have a Mastery 6-7 Regular Knight then an Elite Knight is because an Elite Knight will probably have a 25 to 30 percent upgrade while on the other hand a Mastery 6-7 Knight is a 60 to 70 percent

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Next Epic Event: Easter

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.