Seek and Destroy – New Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Seek and Destroy – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 348 total)
  • Replies
  • Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@grimmjow,

The price seems to be that 1 gem replaces 3 tokens in buying things.

Whether it’s a good idea to spend gems to maximize your competitive winnings will depend on:

— Whether you think it helps you in the standings, rather just in the march to 550.
    — How much you enjoy playing the extra runs. :)

Geli
    @geli

Just got off a 3-run recharge and FINALLY encountered Boss Pig. As noted earlier it fell easily to the red guy. Two of them yielded over 800 each,.
    Not impressed with the firepower of red guy. The Lightning effects hides the lack of damage.
    As to strategy, I’m thinking spending gems at the end of the event might be the better choice. I cannot see spending for 5-6 recharges and finish 2nd or 3rd. Or worse..

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

@blasphemy,i agrre with you about the old days of unlocking TF’s…. events are cool and distracts you from the main game,which is boring,but also it is difficult for many many gyus to unlock a bot…
    @poptimus,yes my friend,it is me !! woo hoo,my first time i have in my list a known friend from this forum !! hope we take the 1-2 place !!! :)

@grimmjow
    ,someone did the math and ( i think ) he proved that in ex. 8 days,obtaining 550 tokens and placing 1st everyday,probably do not allow you to unlock all 3 of them…. my opinion,unlock till 2 bots if possible,take their accessories and wait for the new event to unlock the remaining things (last bot + its accessories). i think that i ll do !!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It sure would be nice if we could find out how long this event is going for. The event’s started, but still no newsfeed message.

@gradientturtle7
    @lewie4 what say you?

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

@optimuspig, ”I don’t think I can stand an entire week of shooting at psychadelic bricks ”…. hahahahahaha !!!!! well said sir,well said….

sheepybach
    @paul13

I’m the same this comp is messed up as it takes no end of shots to kill pigs and no chance on WMT and it is even hard to blow up the blocks. It these seekers are at Level 15 then they are not going to be any good

Anonymous

@paul13
    Aren’t they all level 10? That’s what they’re showing as for me, anyway.

My thoughts on this event in general, so far:
    – I would like the format more if all three TFs weren’t so weak…
    – Pretty monotonous without the squad bonuses
    – I called the one new TF “the blue guy” earlier, but I’ve seen others refer to him as purple. Since I’m colorblind, I’m gonna go ahead and trust y’all. :D
    – I’d enjoy it more if we could use energonicons, and/or switch out with a buddy TF. That said, I’m one of the masochists who likes when the levels are difficult, so whatever. (Not because I like to play a difficult game, but rather because I don’t like competitions where everyone can easily destroy every target on the screen, and the final result comes down to who got the nodes with the most targets. Even though the final result is still very dependent on node luck, the fact that it’s impossible to destroy everything means there’s still a large portion of the outcome determined by skill in the game as well.)

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I don’t bother with Energon structures, yellow blocks or the WMTs. Starscream can destroy the fireballs, so I’ll hit those instead of flying to avoid them. Since we start a node at full health, I’ll shoot pigs if there are no red or purple blocks. Had a node where Starscream was hit by a monolith, couple fireballs, and a bunch of pigs and still ended up with two hearts at the end.

jasebree
    @jasebree

@optimuspig I’m going say the 100 prize is ~21,000 at this point.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’ve revised my projection to 19,500 now but you could be right, I need one more level to know for sure.

So far my increments are:

So we’ll hit 19,500 at level 100 if the remaining levels continue to be 2,500 apart.

—–

The only good thing about this event is that we don’t have to heal the TF after each run. That would just make it completely unbearable.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

yeah @poptimus this isn’t the easiest event for us colorblind guys is it?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So the question is: is it worth it to recharge with gems, if you can also spend gems in the token exchange at a ratio of 3 tokens : 1 gem?

Assumptions:

1. you haven’t spent any gems yet during the day, and it’s almost end of day.
    2. you don’t care about your Competition ranking (if you did, then you’d probably spend oodles of gems anyway) and you’re only trying to max out the Challenge.
    3. the Challenge ladder goes up by 2,500 points at levels 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100
    4. you’re averaging 500 points per run

If you’re within:

– 1 recharge of achieving level 100 in the Challenge, then yes, as 10 gems = 30 tokens, but achieving level 100 will get you 100 tokens
    – 2 recharges to reach level 100, then probably, as 30 gems = 90 tokens, but achieving level 90 and level 100 will get you 190 tokens, but also depends on how close you are already to level 90.
    – 3 recharges to reach level 100, then maybe, as 70 gems = 210 tokens, but achieving levels 80, 90, and 100 will get you 270 tokens, but it really depends on how close you are to level 80
    – 4 recharges to reach level 100, then NO, as 130 gems = 390 tokens, but achieving levels 70, 80, 90, and 100 would only get you 340 tokens.

Can anyone see any major flaws in that?

Anonymous

Spent some gems to unlock Sunstorm!!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@awesomepow

Cool. So is he a Seeker or a Cybertronian?

And what accessories became unhidden with him?

Anonymous

There is 1 accessory:Insecticon Shrapnel for 1200 tokens.Sunstorm is a cybertronian.Check row 4 of my album for the pics I took.His weapon is mass destructive on stone blocks,but weaker on wood and ice blocks.

Anonymous

The first picture in that row is me:energon statscream and buddy:starscream.They look so alike LOL. @optimuspig

Anonymous

SUMMARY:Skwarp has mass destruction on purple blocks and pigs.
    Sunstorm has mass destruction on greenish and stone blocks,ice blocks,and eggbots in intercepted nodes.
    Starscream has mass destruction on red blocks and gold boxes.
    CONFIRMED:The lvl 10 characters Rovio give us are weaker than the ones you have unlocked.

@optimuspig
    Going to aim for Starscream,Sunstorm accessory,and the accessor(y)(ies)
    for Starscream.Skywarp seems too weak to me.

Sunstorm’s weapon also makes things get damaged over time.

Red blocks=ice
    Purple blocks=wood
    Greenish blocks=stone

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@awesomepow

Thanks for the updates.

Anonymous

Your welcome. @optimuspig

Hunter_Elite
    @blasphemy

Sorry, I was reading and I’ve missed the name of the guy who said that the nodes are based on luck, I just woke up anyway, so let me just be quick about it: Each nod, or run, we can call it both names I guess, yes, may be based on luck, since we don’t know, and can’t know how many points we will make on each one of them. But at the end of the day, the only thing that will make you a winner is how many gems you’ve spent, so, basically, if you’re lucky enough to have tons of gems, than yes, the whole thing is lucky based. I could keep going and say that in my country I was going to need to sell a kidnee to buy gems, because they are expensive as hell, and how this game is letting me down for the last six or seven months, but I’m hungry.

Anonymous

@marty-schofield
    I actually haven’t had much of a problem with the block colors. My colorblind ess is pretty mild, but I think they also did a pretty good job of making the three colors low/medium/high in terms of brightness too.

@optimuspig

I think you have to look at each gem recharge on its own merits, depending where you are in the daily challenge progression at the time of the purchase decision. The 10 gem recharge will always be worth it unless you’ve already completed the daily challenge and can’t win any more tokens for the day. The 20 gem recharge is worth it if it will put you over the 70, 80, 90, or 100 token plateau. The 40 gem recharge is only worth it if it will get you through two token plateaus, which I think is unlikely. Of course, this all ignores the daily leaderboard as well, since that was one of the assumptions you started your post with. If you take the leaderboard tokens into account, it can potentially change the math quite a bit, and make the 40 gem recharge worth it here and there.

Anonymous

@blasphemy
    That was me that made the comment about the node luck, but you’re right that gem recharges play a larger role than luck and/or skill. For what it’s worth, I’ve never spent a dime on gems in this game, and I have plenty. If you do a good job managing missions and converting materials in prof pig’s lab, you can generate several hundred per week. It helps to play plenty of map nodes and get gems from facebook friends too, of course.

Hunter_Elite
    @blasphemy

@poptimus
    Thanks for bringing that up, I have almost 2500 gems, but yesterday it prooved not to be enough, since for each character we need to pay 1800. I don’t have any Facebook friends that also play this game, could this be a signal or something?

Anonymous

Seriously!!!row 5 pic 1 of my album me:9,000
    HIM:17,000!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!! https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/awesomepow/album/picture/19904/

Anonymous

Row 5 pic 2 of my album:2 rare editions!!!Me:Sunstorm Buddy:Epic Optimus
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/awesomepow/album/picture/19908/

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Seek and Destroy – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 348 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.