Seek and Destroy – New Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Seek and Destroy – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 348 total)
  • Replies
  • ph
    @ph

@20qmindreader Wow that’s a good catch. I hadn’t thought about that. I remember that in previous comps that once I had zero tokens I could not open it anymore.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

So if I understand you correctly, here’s what I need to do:

1. Immediately before the end of the event I should buy a TF to soak up all of my current tokens (not including what I’ll get from the Competition on the final day), making up the difference in gems

2. After the event ends, and I’ve been awarded my Competition tokens (1,000 or 500 or whatever), then I should use those token to buy one of the accessories, making up the difference in gems.

Because if I wait until after the event ends to buy a TF, I’ll still be able to buy the TF using tokens, but as soon as I’ve used up all of my tokens, the token exchange will close and I won’t be able to buy the accessory that goes with that TF from the token exchange any more (I’ll have to buy them from the Barracks, at a higher cost).

Does that make sense to you?

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Or you can just wait till the event is rerun to get the accessory.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sntrooper

I have no intention of playing the re-run event. I’ve done pretty well in this current event, got two TFs and two accessories from tokens so far.

When (if) they do re-run the seeker event I plan to be doing the unexpected, and enjoying life instead.

lwmarti
    @lwmarti

Hoody hoo! I managed to unlock all three of the new TF without spending any $. And I believe that I just used gems once – when I was close to getting 90 tokens so an investment of 10 coins seemed like a good deal to get them. (Not counting the time when I got whacked and accidentally used 10 gems to recharge. D’oh!) Can’t say I liked this event, though. More than a bit tedious. Now to level up the new guys…

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Well, I figured that my total of earned tokens during this competition was likely to be >9600 (but <10,800), and I further figured that I’d play Sunstorm in the future much more than Starscream (or else that I’d play neither very often), so I just went with the Sunstorm accessory and bought Specter early, so as to use and test it.

So far I have felt much difference between runs with Spector and ones with headphones. Oh well.

nykki
    @diamond72

Does anyone know which group these characters belong too? I have quite a few blacked out characters and in different squads. Hate not having a complete squad which is why I am sad they haven’t given Rodimus another chance to be won. Looks like I have open spots under The Cybertronians and The HotRods. Maybe one other.

Geli
    @geli

@millforce2k Thanks for the video. It answered questions I had on Starscream’s weapon and influenced my decision to unlock Starscream next.

Anyone: any comment on Skywarp?

Geli
    @geli

@diamond72
    Sunstorm (yellow) is a member of the Cybertronians squad. Getting it will complete that squad.
    Starscream and Skywarp are members of the Seekers squad.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@geli You’re welcome

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

I have no clue how you folks were able to get all three TFs. I was barely able to get one!

nykki
    @diamond72

I decided to unlock SunStorm, but it cost me 234 gems to do it! Guess the next competition (and y’all know there will be one) will be a second chance to unlock the other two or for accessories

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

The token exchange is still open after I’ve used up all of my tokens.

After exhausted my tokens, I went back in and tried to make a coin purchase, and it asked me if I wanted to use gems to make up the difference in tokens.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This one was boring as heck. But interestingly also my most successfully event ever, having come in 1st place in the Competition every day (ironically I missed the 100 level of the Challenge on three days). Used 670 gems during the event, and then used an additional 1,451 gems to make up for insufficient tokens. Got all three TFs and their accessories.

Geli
    @geli

ARRRRRGGGHH!!!
    I just fat-fingered my choice of TF! Hit Skywarp instead of Starscream! Perfect ending to an event that had me in five groups of big spenders. 1 first, 1 second and the rest anywhere between 4-7.

*^%#€¥$&?$&@!!!!!

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

the only day that i lost was yesterday all the other days i won each single day i have taken screen shoots of my vicotries. I bought the rest of the tokens to unlock ans the 3rd TF and the 3 accessories now i have left with 3449 gems and around 89.890.675 coins.

I have started the challenge with 6639 gems, but those gems i won them over the previous challenge that the tokens were to be changed with gems so i have original made through years without spending them (only those to unlock the potyals to the missions) 4100 gems my self all those years and i won the the 2500 gems from the challenge with cost 450 gems from mine i gained those in small time using the missions and the laboratory to make gems etc…

So i don’t feel sad :D they went for the purpose completing the colection of the TFs

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Glad this frustrating event is over, I managed to get just over 4,900 tokens & used them on Sunstorm.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Boy I’m glad this is over! Toward the end all the cheap shots were making me angry. I managed to come in first so I was able to unlock Starscream and his accessory with tokens, and then unlock Skywarp by supplementing with gems. I took what @sukerman13 said to heart and realized I don’t want to play this event again. This was just not fun and at times felt like work. I kind of wish I’d stuck to my initial inclination and not played, but I couldn’t resist the opportunity to provide feedback, so that they think very carefully before they release another passive aggressive competition again.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

well it was a painful event i lost my sleep for 9 days as we speak by the time i am posting this it’s UTC 04:53 am

So i am off to sleep :)

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Got Sunstorm with Shrapnel and Skywarp. Have 70 extra tokens. Patiently waiting for the next time so I can get Starscream and the other two accessories. And hoping they do something different because nine days of the same target using only one character (that isn’t even that good at taking out said target) is not fun.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

@sntrooper
    Almost the same results as you. Same characters and accessory.

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

Well guys,my conclusion thougths for this evenr…
    TERRIBLE !!! Not fun at all,not enjoyable,nothing good to remember,except the psychedelic blocks that you could destroy.. I do not wish to continue saying that a game has to be fun,easy to play and to earn things,but anyway…

Personaly,i lost my sleep,but i do not complaint..i unlocked with tokens 2 bots and their 2 offered accessories,which was a good deal,to buy accessories that you should use many gems to unlock them.. With my leftover tokens,i unlocked my 3rd option bot and also his accessory…. Also a good deal,to spend 300 or 400 gems for 1200 tokens,instead of a direct purchase of 800-900 gems…

I did not wish to participate in the rerun if the event,first because life calls me and for a month aproximately,i wont easily have wifi/3g connectio.. So it was better for me to unlock everything,that the chance of losing something within the next full month…

I wish Rovio/Exient HDQ to hear our complaints and give us better experience next time…. Remember my words, a little bit before New Years Eve or a little bit after,new areas will show up and new content….!!

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I think a lot of success or failure is how willing you are to miss sleep.

I was not willing, so I was moderately successful — a little over 10,000 tokens, which I bought up to 10,800.

Another big part was whether you got the idea to actually unlock Sunstorm or whoever when you could. I did, thanks to this board.

Another big part — unusually — was pure playing skill. Sunstorm et al. are difficult to control, once you put them into speed mode for any reason. I’m sure other players got higher scores with the same TFs on the same runs than I did … and similarly I imagine other players weren’t even as successful as I was.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Well like others I’m glad this event is over. First time ever I’ve not got the daily 550 tokens, Got to 70 once but most were 50/60 tokens. Got P1 once and P whatever to get 200 tokens.
    When I worked out on Thursday that I was not going to get anywhere near 4800 tokens I stopped playing, another 1st for me,
    I really hope that Rovio take into account the feedback given from this event and the others for their next time.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

I managed to accumulate enough tokens to buy two of the Seekers. I bought the third Seeker for under 1500 gems. Spent a little over 100 gems for recharges. The accessories are barely beneficial, so no need to buy them.

Anyway, just like the rest of you, I’m hoping this is not only the first, but also the last Event in which several characters are offered at once. It’s bad enough some of us lose precious sleep time, but this time we had to spend some serious gems to unlock characters.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Seek and Destroy – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 348 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.