New Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena

• Update Version 2.48 has arrived. Fortunately, as previously announced, we don’t have to start over in the Vanilla League. Where do you see the advantages and the disadvantages in the new arena?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 149 total)
  • Replies
  • Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Why tf do we only get to play with 5 birds!?

jeffrey_tl
    @jeffreytl

Not sure about advantages or disadvantages but have found some concerns.

If spells have been removed, what is the point of keeping them altogether?  You can used them in the daily challenge except for the boss pig board.

Pigs seem to be very difficult to be destroyed.  Had to use multiple birds to clear boards even though the pigs had been hit.

Was receiving stars for power ranking removed also?

Watching a video and receiving a free bird is gone also?

It is too similar to Eagle Bootcamp.

60gems to restart match is excessive unless you’re paying for gems.  Unless you win the weekly arena and get 1000 gems it is very difficult to get 60 gems a day.

So I am now 1-4 in my new arena record and just got demoted to a lower league.  Of course I am ranked 30 and the first place person is +213.  Makes me want to stop playing right now because how can I catch that especially only getting 15 points a win?  And I just lost again in the lower league even though I was winning by 8million and had the same amount of birds left.  Then I had trouble clearing a board and the opponent kept getting points but had more birds all of sudden?

I agree that the arena needed to be changed but this is terrible.  Of course I will continue to give it a chance but after waiting several days and hopes that the update would be good I am highly disappointed and find it very easy to find something else to do instead.  I actually enjoyed writing this up more then playing the new arena!

Update 12/10

It has only been 24 hours and have been playing AB2 less.  I actually would be playing right now but have no desire to play.

I refuse to pay 60gems for another chance.

The extra 100 tickets are good but I think it is a sign that may realize they have made a mistake?

Since they took away spells then they should take away the Destructometer as well and have each player only play the 5 birds/flock of the day…no extra birds at all!

I know I have to give it more then a couple days but when you are 30th place and can’t control your own fate what’s the point of playing anymore?  I believe instead of making it more fair they did the complete opposite!

dtmt
    @dtmt

Started with legendary league 1 star. So far I don’t get this. My flock power is 1143 and my opponents so far have been about half of that so 4 easy wins so far and the prices that you get for winning at least in this level are really good. Round one 3000 feathers, round two 800 pearls, round three 5000 feathers round four legendary chest, round five 10000 rainbow feathers. I have a feeling this is not going to be this easy in the future but for now I’m cashing in all that I can.

Also it seems that either all players in my weekly challenge started exactly the same time as I did or there is something very weird. For every win I lead the challenge but top 10 is 1-3 point behind me all the time. So I get 19 point, they get 18 point and so on round after round.

Xcentrik1
    @xcentrik1

I have always loved the tournament.   Played every week.    The revision is awful!

You can’t control any of it.   Can’t control opponents.   Can’t choose your birds.   Can’t add spells that we’ve worked hard to earn.   No Extra Bird (video) at the end.

Test driving the new arena, lucky to win 2 out of 5.   It really comes down to the force to ‘buy gems’. ONLY option is to pay 60 gems to REPLAY the same match.    No option to use the gems to buy additional spells.

I’ve played the tournament for a LONG time and win a LOT.  I have hundreds of thousands of gems.   NOW I can’t win 1 or 2 out of 5 rounds.     2 steps forward, 3 back.    Will never make progress at this rate unless I spend/BUY gems.

Won’t be playing any more.   Sad.    I used too very much enjoy playing.

Xcentrik1
    @xcentrik1

I have always loved the tournament.   Played every week.    The revision is awful!

You can’t control any of it.   Can’t control opponents.   Can’t choose your birds.   Can’t add spells that we’ve worked hard to earn.   No Extra Bird (video) at the end.

Test driving the new arena, lucky to win 2 out of 5.   It really comes down to the force to ‘buy gems’. ONLY option is to pay 60 gems to REPLAY the same match.    No option to use the gems to buy additional spells.

I’ve played the tournament for a LONG time and win a LOT.  I have hundreds of thousands of gems.   NOW I can’t win 1 or 2 out of 5 rounds.     2 steps forward, 3 back.    Will never make progress at this rate unless I spend/BUY gems.

Won’t be playing any more.   Sad.    I used too very much enjoy playing.

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

I actually like the daily flock idea, it’s nice to have a bit of change, and the rewards for the streak are much better – but the removal of the extra bird and the fact that you lose more points than you win – no thanks. I’ll play when I get a free ticket but that’s about it.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

I had low expectations of this, but I am happily surprised…so far.

I have played about 7 matches, and won all of them easily getting 10 stars each time. However, I am not happy that once you win the streak, you cannot start another streak straight away. I have to wait till it resets (I guess that will be the usual 5am GMT).

I don’t like the way you cannot use spells. I don’t know about having to re-start the game if you lose, as so far I haven’t come across that.

They could improve it by either:
    1. allowing you to buy extra birds at the end, like the old arena; or
    2. allowing you to re-start the room and shuffle birds, like MEBC. Useful when playing well but you mess a room up.

Also, they should re-start the streak once you finish. I am now 2nd place in my leaderboard with +123, but the first place player is +210, but there is little incentive for me to continue playing this today as I have to wait till tomorrow now for the new streak to start.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

I have just realised that you can restart the room or shuffle the birds. Don’t know how I missed that earlier.

I have also realised that (at least in my league) I need to get 600 points in order to go up a level!  That is of course possible, but very difficult.

I decided to continue playing during my early lunch break, and I am now in the clear lead in my leaderboard (but still nowhere near 600 points)

ATX
    @toatx1

The New Arena will be Rovio’s undoing:

1. No Ad for an extra Bird.

2. No Spells(which I actually like).

When Spells are rendered useless outside of the first 2 rounds of the Daily Challenge then what is the Player incentive to watch an Ad?

When Ad counts drop, revenue drops and Rovno will attempt to capture lost revenue from Players willing to purchase large amounts of Gems  Not going to happen…

I am very interested to see how the New Arena will play out over time after Players have utilized the Arena Tickets accrued prior to the New Arena.

Den
    @den

An in-game message was just sent out.  It has 100 arena tickets, and mentions that more clan battles will allow spells to make up for no spells in the arena.

As for the streak prizes, it looks like they reset each day.

One thing I do like about the change is that you necessarliy don’t have to play ALL. THE. TIME. to get high up in the weekly leaderboard.  Instead you have to play well, and do so consistently.

I can understand taking away the extra birds as I think the idea is that people will be competing more directly against each other, so you shouldn’t be able to win just by having more birds.

AZombiiird
    @kevin-marshall

Mixed emotions about the new arena.

Removing spells?  Well, okay.  How fair is it to pit someone that has no spells against someone that does?  Perhaps the former arena logic took that into account?

Daily flock?  Now that just stinks.  Not being able to choose my own birds to play with is wrong.

And may only complete one streak a day? ‘Sup with that?

One more thing.  Tell me I am reading this wrong.  Arena players appear to be matched up by their Arena Rating and not Flock Power.  So, possible to be put with someone that has a lot more flock than you.  This translates into no way to win the round.

APN
    @apn19

definitely an improvement in the end of season rewards. if you can stay in legendary by the end you get 10,000 black pearls which to get that much previously you would have to place first in the top league 10 weeks in a row, also it definitely is now easier to get a legendary chest (hopefully daily) as that appeared on level 5 today and the flock of the day seems like they are trying to go back to original angry birds where you got specific birds and amount of birds for each level.

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

Definitely won’t be playing it anymore with the new feature of losing more points than you win. No incentive whatsoever to play this.

PETE
    @petesong

I totally dislike the new arena .

What is the point of spells if they can’t be used anywhere. This is the only place I use them.

Surely it is best to show more ads (from your point of view) for extra birds at the end.

There is only one extra bird I fancy (bubbles)and want to use them at all times.

One of the joys of my life has been snatched from me !!

Please rectify

Thanks

PETE
    @petesong

hi

if you fail in the first 2 rounds just hit replay, and again if necessary and it gets progressively easier; takes a bit longer for sure, but saves on spells: (you prob know that tho, but maybe others don’t)

Sky Cru
    @tokenofneh

It’s too restrictive now.  They need to allow ads for an extra bird at the very least.  It’s not enjoyable as is.

APN
    @apn19

today 3 of the 5 flock are the special birds great

guava564
    @guava564

When they announced that players would be matched up on skill level I thought great it would put me up against players of a similar FP but no it means you play against players who have accumulated a similar number of points in the arena. So not skilled related in the slightest. This actually helps me as I have quite a high FP so most of the time I’m playing against players with much lower FP but that makes it totally boring to play and I guess the point of it is to try to get players to spend money to increase their FP. So as per normal this update is designed to get people to spend even more money. I just hope it proves to be a turkey in time for Christmas and they ditch it but I doubt it.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

I like
    – the idea of ​​making the arena competitive
    – no spells to play with
    – no video option
    – no selection of the opponent on basis of FP
    – extra birds, given if you play well
    – flock of the day with changing birds
    – winning streak with only 5 levels
    – great rewards

I don’t like
    – the opportunity to continue the streak with 60 gems. Those who pay gems/real money are favored
    – no apples
    – no arena tickets

APN
    @apn19

also has anyone noticed that the second refil of the destrto meter barely fills up on any level type (map, daily, mebc and clan and no spells are appearing or is that just me having a bad couple of days

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

The fact that they removed the ad for free ticket totally kills it for me, as I tended to use that for an extra go. Also, I’m the type of person who would keep all their tickets w.out using them, because I don’t want to run out of them

Max1
    @max1

I like

– the improvement of the weekly challenge where you get more gems for instance in legendary league top ten gets gems

– The season rewards is a good feature

I don´t like

– when you have a bird that isn´t unlocked and it is part of the daily flock you only have 4 birds and compete with opponents that have 5 birds.

I Haven´t unlocked Hal because I think it is a useless bird and I dont want to get feather prizes for useless birds. They could just add your bird with the lowest flockpower so is was a fight 5 birds against 5 birds. You can´t win 4 birds against 5 so every day Hal is one of the daily flock it  is not worth playing the arena you will only lose point on your arena rating.

i8pigsThunder
    @i8pigs

We the Players…stop unfair gaming practices in programming designed to steal your money. Look at Rovio financial..hidden in new update Profits are down since Pandemic so new design is to take more of your hard earned money to support shareholder stocks by big greedy company. Not to improve gameplay, don’t he fooled. Game programming is skewed to stock holders thieves.

20% Profit is the net dollars they gain after all expenses and taxes.

Publicly Pressure ROVIO to comply with regulatory agencies licensing and oversight agencies. Make the game fair for all. Strength in Numbers. REPORT

Complain.biz

Gaming Control Board (GCB)

Rovio.com<span style=”text-align: center;”>G</span>

<span style=”text-align: center;”>GooglePlay Support</span>

PETE
    @petesong

I might add that AB2 has kept me sane for the past 9 months of shielding from Covid. now I’ll have to find me something more constructive for god knows how much longer til the vaccine enables me to join the human race again

Very disappointed. AAAAARRRRRGGGHH !!

hogbeater
    @stedman42

Yesterday, I said I was pleasantly surprised. However, that was when I was playing with my high FP account. I have tried it with my lower FP account and it totally sucks. I had to restart a match 3 times in order to win, and then I got completely slaughtered in the following match, meaning I can no longer get a winning streak.

I hate the way they have removed the spells. And made the destructometer fill much more slowly. But what is totally unforgivable is that they have also changed MEBC, which again gives you much less extra birds from the d meter, and never gives you any spells anymore. I don’t need this game any longer

Yet again, Rovio, you never fail to disappoint me.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.