New Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 149 total)
  • Replies
  • rgc
    @rgc1

As expected, I played again and completely destroyed my opponent, winning my 1000 feathers. So clearly Rovio is staking a lot in people’s vanity vis a vis rankings.

ATX
    @toatx1

Agreed, what’s the benefit of playing?

In the previous Arena, to win a Weekly Arena Event required me to play around 2-3 hours a day. In my current Arena Event, I earned 261 points on the first day(which put me in 1rst place). No one has challenged and I have not played a single Round since Day 1.   If Rovio doesn’t realize this system is terribly flawed and change it, quickly, then AB2 is done.

Noname
    @cbadr

I actually ended up winning gems by not playing the arena😅.  The more other players lost, the higher my ranking became.  Why buy gems when you can win them by not playing?  Rovio didn’t think this through.  They also claim it’s more fair since you’re playing against others with a similar arena score. The thing is if other players let themselves lose to play at a lower level but still have considerably higher fp then it’s still not a fair battle.  I played against someone who had a fp of 250 more points than me and their chosen birds in the arena had 20 more points than my birds total, how is that fair?

chrispdog
    @chrispdog

i can drop back to legendary status by losing. you just have to lose enough, so when you go for the streak, you don’t go back up to master. what bothers me is that the opponent get a little extra in his destructometer after every shot, really apparent after the first shot, giving him an advantage.

guava564
    @guava564

Now I’ve played this arena a bit more (and I should’ve realised this a lot sooner but oh well) what they are trying to do is replicate the bootcamp competitiveness on the arena. Because in my bootcamp league it is pretty obvious a lot of them pay gems to get the DC and KPP completed every day so I guess they think people will pay to try and get higher up the rankings. Maybe it works maybe it doesn’t but all I know is I’ve never won so many gems as I am now just by deliberately losing and then putting a streak together. And I’m also spending a lot less time on it as well so it’s a win-win as far as I’m concerned. The only downside is the arena is now totally boring to play.

deroni
    @duran

I was level 5800,now the game brings me back to 5400.

maverick
    @maverick78

I cleaned up on black pearls in the new arena this first season.  Finished in the 3 star legendary league, and made about 35k bp’s.  I never made 1/10 th of that in the old area playing double the amount of time I played this last season.

rgc
    @rgc1

What is this? I just played in the Arena and, with one bird left, I was slightly ahead of my opponent who had no birds left. I threw my final bird, inched up a bit more to ensure my win and then, despite having no bird to throw, my opponent’s score shot up by 4 million, winning the match. How the hell the did that happen? How did my opponent score 4 million points without any birds to throw?

guava564
    @guava564

@rgc I’ve seen that loads of times. I’m guessing it’s where players have paid gems for a rematch and that’s their improved score so it shows their progress on their first run but only updates their score at the end. But the game is so rigged it who knows.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

Congrats, @maverick78! I agree with you, the rewards in the new arena are terrific. I got 100,000 rainbow feathers at the end of the season and I didn’t know what was happening to me. Totally great!

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

I don’t play half as much as I used to – but has anyone else noticed that, assuming you try to win every game (i.e some people play to lose apparently) you can win 5-6 games on the trot and then you lose 5-6 games on a trot.

This game is such a fix it’s actually beyond a joke

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

About 70 in-a-row losses against 15-20% weaker opponents… That is against any probability… What the hay?

Nothing to do with my skills, as i play AB2 quite often (not daily but often) since the day when game was released.

featherosaurus
    @featherosaurus

Arena = win, loose, win, loose, win, loose……….  in other words, i’m going nowhere.  I have also met the now famous / infamous Mr Collins. I have a 950 FP been playing since 2015, and the game has never felt more fixed or frustrating. I just want to pitch my skills against real players in a fair way. Such a shame because AB2 has helped me through many a boring day, especially in lockdown.

Has anyone else noticed that is is very hard for clans to obtain new players now? You have to assume a lot of players have now left. Shame. Fix it Rovio please.

Jim151
    @jim151

I’m not really understanding all the complaints about how hard the new arena is.  My experience is very, very different from most of the rest of yours.  I started at legendary one, and breezed up into eventually master, completing the streaks every day, and winning first place every week.  I agree that master is impossible, so I decided at the beginning of a new week, I would lose enough battles to get back to level one legendary and then climb the ladder again.  I can do that because over the years I have accumulated 1900 tickets.  I care nothing for my ranking, only the rewards.  I have never finished lower than second, and usually first.  I like it.  My flock power is growing like crazy.

Jim151
    @jim151

As to the opponents, not only are they not real players, they aren’t real flocks.  Just look at the hatless birds with the same power as the others.  even when we had the 3X Bubbles a couple of days ago, the opponent’s Bubbles was the same power as the rest.  And the opponent’s score is pre-determined based on flock power, nothing else.  On the few times I have paid to re-start, the opponent scores the exact same number of points, and in the exact same increments with each throw.  It’s nothing more than a feather, pearl, and gem generator.  I spend a couple hours a week and get 115,500 feathers, 2800 pearly, 1000 gems, and 7 legendary chests.  More during pearl parties and feather frenzies.  What’s not to like?

Again, that is my experience.  I’m not doubting that others experience far different.  I find if I keep myself in the legendary league, I always outclass my opponents by 250-300 flock power.  I don’t understand how others face the opposite, but apparently it’s happening.

guava564
    @guava564

I agree with you Jim apart from one thing. If you have to deliberately lose to get yourself in a position to win which you admit you do and I do as well that is crap. You shouldn’t have to cheat the system to try and win anything. At the moment the vast majority of people aren’t doing what we do but eventually more and more people will I suspect. And then they might try and stop players basically cheating the system to win. When that happens maybe you might change your opinion.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Where from are coming opponents unreal scores? For example: Last shoot, i have 105fp Bomb, opponents last bird is 77fp Stella. I’m in lead by 2M points. I shoot, get about 9,5M points, sure win! But no! Opponent gets 15M (with 77 fp bird!) and wins! No new bird from destructometer!
    How?

guava564
    @guava564

Yeah and it is very suspicious that usually my opponent fills up their meter just that one extra time more than me. Re: the clan battles it looks like we are about to lose our fourth battle in a row which has never happened before and every time it is against clans with quite a lot higher fp than us. So I wouldn’t be surprised if that is now also rigged to get us to pay gems to try and compete. We’ve also lost quite a few clan members yet we are higher in the clan leaderboard so that tells you a lot of people have already left.

I’ve been playing the game pretty much since it came out but I’m so close to just calling it a day with it now. I don’t blame the developers. They probably know the effects all these shafting changes will have but it is the guys in charge who force these changes through. They don’t care about the gamers they just want the money.

Jim151
    @jim151

That score had nothing to do with a Stella fling.  The opponent’s total score is pre-determined by flock power before the battle even begins.  Then during the battle, opponents individual scores are posted to give the illusion that something is happening, but it isn’t.  It’s just random scores posted to the running total that will equal the pre-determined final total at the end.

Noname
    @cbadr

@jim151 Rovio told me when we play the arena we play against a prerecorded game that’s why everything is the same when you pay the gems to try again.  I asked them about the arena because I’ve played it a few times, had a winning score but still lost points. Rovio said ‘it’s  a visual problem and that the ‘use gems to replay’ message was popping up too quickly before the recording ended so in reality I lost but because of the message I never get to see the opponents last bird thrown or their final score’.  Sounds like a snow job to me. I don’t really buy it.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Comments?

This is fair game as much, as i am King of Sweden!

Noname
    @cbadr

I’ve had that happen numerous times.  This is their explanation: Rovio said ‘it’s  a visual problem and that the ‘use gems to replay’ message was popping up too quickly before the recording ended so in reality I lost but because of the message I never get to see the opponents last bird thrown or their final score’.  That’s why when you replay the opponents game and end score is exactly the same. The arena has become a joke.  I’ve been pitted against players with fp of 50+ more than me.  Clearly I don’t stand a chance of winning against them.

Noname
    @cbadr

I’ve had that happen numerous times.  This is their explanation: Rovio said ‘it’s  a visual problem and that the ‘use gems to replay’ message was popping up too quickly before the recording ended so in reality I lost but because of the message I never get to see the opponents last bird thrown or their final score’.  That’s why when you replay the opponents game and end score is exactly the same. The arena has become a joke.  I’ve been pitted against players with fp of 50+ more than me.  Clearly I don’t stand a chance of winning against them.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

It looks like instead of ‘fixing’ the arena Rovio is only breaking it more. Cant wait till they do same thing to map levels and KPP

Xktp
    @xktpwyzg

other scenarios happened to me, for each bird, my fp is 10~30 higher than my opp, and I got strike for almost every throw using the bird with highest fp. But still the funny thing is that my opp still got higher score than me, and finally could get doubled scores beating me …  why I didn’t see such plyers in clan battles and training camp, all scores are reasonable according to their fps, I believe that’s because those are real players, instead of zombie ones the company created.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.