New Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena

Viewing 24 replies - 126 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • Replies
  • Noname
    @cbadr

Given that the ‘collect 5 apples’ under daily quests has now been replaced with ‘play the arena’ makes me think it’s not going the way Rovio had hoped and that there are now less people playing the arena then before the changes.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

Haven’t seen that yet. I’m still rewarded for getting apples.

12th Kitty
    @12thkitty

I’m still getting the apple feat.

Noname
    @cbadr

I had 4 days of play the arena and then it went back to collect 5 apples.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

SO I’d not been playing the arena that often over the last few weeks but I had managed to get promoted to the legendary league 3. Had reached about 5950 points, then from Friday I went on one of those runs where it was obviously a fix not to win a game (we love those games that are pre determined) and as of yesterday afternoon I was down to 5837 points and losing. So I decided not to play so I could get my rewards for 5800 points. There is no way if I had continued playing that I would have ended up with 5800 or more points. Obviously in the weeks league of 30 people I have never won any gems and this week i was 28 out of 30 with no points.

I presume that if I never play the arena again i will stick at 5800 points and get the rewards every few weeks. I’m never going to win any gems so doesn’t seem much point in playing?

Great thinking Rovio. I think you may need a new business development manager – maybe next time one with half a brain?

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

So further to my message above – my plan worked and I got slightly more rewards for finishing with more than 5800 points.

And then this morning I find I’ve been demoted to diamond league 3 starting with 5400 points! Why am I not in the legendary league 1 with 5800 points?

You actually couldn’t make it up

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Because after every season you get demoted one league. I assume to prevent exactly that: Not playing at all and reaping the rewards every few weeks.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

After a few seasons doing so, you’ll find yourself in Vanilla League with 250 feathers and 100 black pearls as reward.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

That’s funny Mzimoxs.

On that basis you can never be promoted?

Or what if you played everyday and got to, say, 5799 points. You would still be relegated?

And what if one plays every day but on that last day you couldn’t play (for whatever reason)

No logic in that at all!

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

I don’t really understand your confusion. After a season ends (e.g. yesterday) the game will check which league you were in and put you into the next lower one. If you want to receive the same end-season benefits in the next season you just have to climb up again. I.e. increase your arena ranking by 600. Which should be fairly possible in 42 days.

Paulo Terrance
    @paulo-terrance

More Arena Woes did enough at end of this Season finished at 7000+ reward of 70k Feathers and thought I could use a feather Frenzy for finishing the Hat game the night before to collect 140k feathers rovio  say in game info that Feather Frenzy does not work on these rewards it is in the game info so bear that in mind if you feel that would be a idea for you to try

guava564
    @guava564

@paulo I did the feather frenzy before collecting my arena end of season rewards and I got double the amount so if that wasn’t meant to happen rovio can add that to their long list of bugs 🤣

Smartboy
    @smartboy

I quickly upgraded from legendary to master and…. my oponents have 150 to 250% (YES) fp. Today my fp 900 and opponent 2000… I give up

guava564
    @guava564

For those wondering whether you are playing bots or real people I think I have the answer. A few times now I’ve played arena games against people in my league for that week. Their frame, name and pic matched but fp was different. Below the master league the fp of your opponent is manipulated so that it gradually increases as you get a higher overall arena ranking. This is why you can play against someone with a high level frame but whose fp is low. Their fp has been altered according to your level. So these are real people you are playing against but their scores are being adjusted downwards according to their adjusted fp. Hope this settles the bot/real person debate.

guava564
    @guava564

For those wondering whether you are playing bots or real people I think I have the answer. A few times now I’ve played arena games against people in my league for that week. Their frame, name and pic matched but fp was different. Below the master league the fp of your opponent is manipulated so that it gradually increases as you get a higher overall arena ranking. This is why you can play against players with a high level frame but whose fp is low. Their fp has been altered according to your level. So these are real people you are playing against but their scores are being adjusted downwards according to their adjusted fp. Hope this settles the bot/real person debate.

Noname
    @cbadr

What I find really frustrating is seeing my opponents score rising yet they still have 5 birds.  My birds dwindle then when I’m down to the last 2 birds the opponents score skyrockets and then they have 1 bird that doesn’t get played until my birds are all gone.  Kind of stupid of Rovio to think I’m going to waste gems to replay a game where I end up losing by 5 million or more. At least with the old arena I felt like I had some control over the outcome. Now it seems so programmed that I feel like I could launch all my birds aimlessly and it still wouldn’t change the outcome of the game.

ArenaIsRigged
    @arenaisrigged

The new arena sucks man.  I liked the older one where we had more control on winning, like by adding spells we worked hard to earn.  Instead of 7 birds + 1 extra flock bird, we have to deal with 5 randomly “flock of day birds” often for me is red, blue chuck and leonard and hal.   Those are not 5 good birds for the arena, they are all usually weak.

I kept winning so much in this new arena for weeks then once I reached Anthymust 3 stars, (the cup with that big stocky bird and is purple/pink colored) 4,200+.

After reaching that new league, luck finally decided to go against me and I kept losing several times in a row until I lost over 100 arena points and no streak award won.  I am not playing until this problem resolves, for now, I am just gonna increase flock power to 700 from 599 and see if it helps me win.

dtmt
    @dtmt

The idea on how to play the Arena (in my opinion) is that every Monday you start your play with losing enough rounds that you drop 1 or 2 league ranks and can continue winning streak very day and on Sunday get some extra points to win the whole round and get some gems.

I wish I did not have to do that since it takes kinda long time to drop the ranks but it is the only way to get the goodies every day without struggling too much with the winning. Even with this strategy there will be a random space level, micro pig going to place you cannot kill it or some other bad luck and you will lose and you have to pay or play again but usually I just win the streak without problems.

Naturally that means that you need to have enough tickets to do this but as for me that has never been problem. I have 500+ at the moment and I’ve been doing that from the beginning.

Noname
    @cbadr

@arenaisrigged  Part of me wonders if that’s why Rovio decided to do it this way. So many focused on increasing the points for the regular flock and the extra bird that we had to choose such as Hal, Leonard, etc. their points tended to be lower.  By making those birds a routine part of the arena I think a lot of people are reacting the same way and trying to increase the point power of those birds.  I do agree that with the old arena I felt like I had more control over whether I won or lost. Now it all feels so predetermined that even if I crashed all my birds I could still win, what I do doesn’t seem to have any bearing on the outcome of the game.

Noname
    @cbadr

So I’ve spent this past week trying my best to win the arena and I can honestly say I hate it now more than ever.  How can Rovio seriously believe that constantly losing would motivate us to use gems and then use our own money to buy more non-tangible  gems when you know the probability of winning is next to nothing.  Not smart Rovio.

dtmt
    @dtmt

Stop trying to win the Arena in the level you are. Lose enough games in a row to drop to easier level so you start winning again.

Noname
    @cbadr

@dtmt  I actually did do that but even in the lower league it still only lets me win 2 or 3 and then I lose that or more.  It’s just frustrating. I don’t get why Rovio thinks this will encourage users to buy gems.  I’m assuming that’s the whole reasoning behind the changes.

grammyK
    @grammyk

I have read a lot of this thread about the new arena and I have a few thoughts.

Many complaints about it being a money grabbing move. I first thought the opposite, that I could not buy myself a win at the end seemed a money losing move. I spent a lot of time in the arena before, and a lot of gems, and won a lot of gems as well. Now I see that I need to spend gems in a different way, with the shuffles and replays so I figure it’s about even as an earning ground for Rovio. Personally I am fine with the way it is now in this respect. I spend to correct my mistakes rather than just adding more shots.

I’m happy with the streaks the way they are and the levels are better. The points system is interesting and I’m ok with it.

Like many, I couldn’t win worth carp, only winning about 1 out of 10 before the adventure. With my boosted FP I’m able to win a streak each day so that’s fun.

The only thing I’d like to see come back is the ability to take spells into the contest. Because we are matched by points instead of FP it would be nice to add spells to the mix to attempt improving the FP spread. Obviously the opponent would have often brought spells too but that part would be fine.

I love that Rovio took out the giving of spells by the destructometer. When I had brought my own I didn’t need any more from them!

dtmt
    @dtmt

I had nice little battle for the win today. I had 200 less arena rating than the other guy when we had equal points on weekly challenge. So I calculated that I could beat the other guy even if I have to spend lots of tickets. That’s cos raising arena rating on master league is really hard at our flock level. As it turns out his arena rating stayed at 7334 when his weekly challenge rate rose over from 950 to 1300 points when my weekly arena rating went to 1280 and my rating topped at 7610 when I reached masters league. Oh how I hate this game…

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena

Viewing 24 replies - 126 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.