New Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 149 total)
  • Replies
  • Lone Wolf
    @lando-calrissian

The message from Rovio only made me more upset at the situation.

Lilamezz
    @lilamezz

Me too. I am not playing arena anymore, but i’m scared with the announcement of future changes …

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

Bravo on doing something with the boring map! Why on earth do I have to play boss levels 25x until the mercy regulation takes effect ?!

Shuckle
    @shuckle

It is unbelievable that although all my birds have 20 points hire ranks, I still loose by 6 million points. And playing again dies not help as I cant do any better . Lost 3 of my 4 fights today. And it is the first two rounds.

dtmt
    @dtmt

Difficulty seems to vary day by day. Yesterday I could not get more then 2 wins in a row no matter how hard I tried as the game kept repeating few rounds that I could not find solutions to so paying was not an option. Today I got 6 wins in a row at the first try.

At least for me Leonard has been part of the flock ever fucking day. If the opponents are not bots or if it ain’t just random score given by Rovio  I suspect that is part of the reason why as good players do miracles with it and I usually just fail whatever I try to do with it.

jeffrey_tl
    @jeffreytl

There is one question that isn’t addressed.  Why can’t gems be used to purchase more birds instead of resetting the game?

I agree about being scared about future updates however some updates are better just not the current update.

I do concur with Rovio about needing to change things.  But you shouldn’t do a complete change that people are used to something for years overnight with no warning.  They could have kept the same arena format and given only 5 birds to compete.  Worked out the bugs with that format and introduced another change.

Apparently they are getting a lot of negative feedback or else they wouldn’t have posted that message.  I have no doubt that there are people that like the new update and looking at the arena leagues there are people doing rather well.  Of course those people won’t complain.

South Side Slinger
    @ssslinger

I had a similar experience, saphira.  The first few days of the new arena I was able to play relatively successfully.  My opponents were always massively underpowered compared to my fp, around 40fp advantage per bird.  Then, starting on Saturday, it was literally impossible to win.  I had the lead in the tournament at that point, and all day Saturday and Sunday all it did was hurt me to actually play.  Lost nearly every time, at least 5 or 6 to 1.  The opponent fp was still the same, but it seemed like they would adjust to what I was scoring.  For example, I would be 20-30 million up, and we would both have 2-3 birds left.  All of a sudden they would score 10mil plus per bird and full destructometer every time to give them extra cards to allow them to over take me.  It also seemed to have affected the opponent in the leader board trying to overtake me because I quit playing for 2 days since I only lost points, and so did they. Now they’ll still have the same fp deficit, but I will get completely dominated in the match just a few birds in to the degree that it’s pointless to continue.

I’ve even seen scoring in reverse.  I would have a decent advantage, like 15 mil, then their score would go backwards back down to zero.  I’m thinking ok, whatever I’ll win for sure now.  Nope.  It’s like they adjust an algorithm on the fly to take wins away from you.  I’ve seen the negative scoring adjustment 2-3 times and lost every time it occurred.

Xcentrik1
    @xcentrik1

Rovio ruined it!!   HATE this new arena.     3 steps forward, 2 back.   It’s like chasing your tail.     Not even an option to spend gems to buy an extra life.   No option to choose your flock.    No options to make any choices!!    It’s all game dictated.   I’ve played for years.   This game WAS a favorite past time.   I will play the daily challenges and levels.   But done with this terrible new arena!!   Sad

guava564
    @guava564

The arena is easy until you get to the master league at which point it puts you up against players with a massive fp advantage so it’s pointless in playing and what then is the point of paying 60 gems to replay against the same player when you have no chance of winning? I can’t see how they will make more money doing it this way as what idiot is going to repeatedly pay and lose? Well some will but not many surely?

the only way to have any success with the new arena is to deliberately lose for a while to get to the lower leagues and then storm it again until you are back in the master league and then repeat. It’s crap. Hopefully they’ll make less money out of it and revert it but I’m not holding my breath.

Shuckle
    @shuckle

Ok, yes. That might work. Lose until you drop and then try again. Need to test it.

dtmt
    @dtmt

Today’s first 5 runs were “nice”. Same map and same opponent every time. Luckily I figured how to solve the first map (which was the only hard one) the second time I played and ended up winning each round with about 40 million points.

guava564
    @guava564

It does work at the moment as that’s what I’m doing and I can get the streak every day again now very easily. Then I just purposely lose for the rest of the day. The downside is you’re not gonna win any weekly tournaments but if you drop low enough and have plenty of tickets you can win possibly for a few weeks in a row later on. They might put a stop to that somehow though depending on how everyone plays it. Think they are counting on players wanting to win every week but I’m not bothered about that so gonna carry on with this tactic for now.

Shuckle
    @shuckle

It does not work anymore. I do not get dropped from level.

Only way is up

Noname
    @cbadr

After having given the new arena multiple tries and being able to predict when I  would win or lose before even playing, I no longer care about the arena.  I used to play it daily but now no thanks.  When I open a chest and I win arena tickets I feel like I got the loser prize.  I also won’t bother with watching the ads if I see that the remaining cards are to win arena tickets.  It’s just not worth it.  Games are supposed to be fun and entertaining not frustrating.

ATX
    @toatx1

South Side Slinger, you summarized my New Arena experience, perfectly. I would add one comment and that is you can play a perfect Round and still lose by several million.  The AB2 fun…..is done. I am out.

maverick
    @maverick78

I love the new arena.  I quit playing the old arena years ago.  It was so boring, and the insane amount out time it took to complete a streak was never worth for the piddly 2500 feather reward.  The algorithm would also always screw you the closer you got to completing the streak.  In the new arena I haven’t noticed any difference in match ups increasing difficulty as you progress.  Now I can easily complete a streak in like 5 minutes, and you get 16k features, 400 pearls, and a legendary chest every day.  Most these people complaining about how hard it is without their 5 spells must not be very good at the game.  I’m in the 2 star legendary league and winning 90%+ of my match ups, very comfortably.

Shuckle
    @shuckle

Yes, indeed  If you are good, the new arena will give you good rewards. But for average player it is not so easy anymore. I will not win 5 in a row no matter how many times I try. I am also in 2star legendary and I can not understand that even if I clear everything with  strike the opponejt gets 2 million more points with 20 points weaker bird.

guava564
    @guava564

The tip I put on here before still works for me. Still doing the streak pretty easily every day. I do have fairly high fp though which probably helps. Definitely stay away from the master league though. Nigh on impossible and I think the legendary league streak rewards are better anyway but then I’m after black pearls rather than feathers.

dtmt
    @dtmt

Today Rovio offers only lava levels that are mostly dependent of they good will to get good score. Oh how I hate them. These levels make their saying spells create too much randomness and are luck dependent seem idiotic.

Demdom
    @demdom

I loved this game but now I hate it.

How could you do this??? Very bad idea. Unfair and impossible to win at higher levels. I reached top 500 but now my opponents are much stronger than me in fp-s. So if I do not get a retarded one I will lose the battle. I will never make a winning streak if I will be beaten twice in every three battles. Or worse.

Daily challenge begins to be very boring again and usually very difficult, so I completely lost the joy in the whole game.

Thank you dear developers for two and a half years playing a good game. This is not the same anymore. If you will not find a solution fast I will search for another game. And lots of players.

Give us back our game instead of this new idiotism.

Sorry, my English is not the best. But I am very very angry.

guava564
    @guava564

@maverick you will find out how tough it is once you get up to master league. I agree that the legendary league is easy which is why I’m purposely losing to stay in there. Once you get to master league you won’t find it so easy and you will constantly be put against opponents with a much higher fp than you. I wish you good luck because you are certainly going to need it (and lots of gems)

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

Is it that bad to stay in a league that suits your abilities? If it’s not enough for the Master league, you can stay in the Legendary til you’re good enough for rising up. The rewards are good for increasing FP.

guava564
    @guava564

It’s not whether you have the ability- it doesn’t matter how good you are, if you’re up against someone with a much higher fp than you, you don’t stand a hope in hell of beating them unless they mess up and you can bet that players who mess up won’t be your opponent as the game is rigged to pretty much always put you up against players who didn’t mess it up. Opponent selection is not random.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

I know nothing is random in this game. I figured out that the less I play the more I win. If I play several levels in a row I will find me at the bottom of the field and it’s wasted time and tix to come up again.

maverick
    @maverick78

@guava564  I don’t plan on playing in the master league.  I will purposely loss to stay in the easy lower leagues.  And now that farming tickets is so easy, those  will never be an issue.  I have nearly 500 now.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.