MINI-MAP Campaign + New Dungeon (April 10th – April 19th)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum MINI-MAP Campaign + New Dungeon (April 10th – April 19th)

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

My countdown is same as @tigerussell and @burbman as well.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Same here; 69 hours left.

That means it will start on Friday the 10th not Thursday. Can any @admins change that?

dj_HB
    @dj-hb

The same: 68:56.

SweetP
    @sweetp

@angryjohnny, the date has been changed, and all’s good! ;)

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@all Sorry, I calculated the countdown assuming it would begin on Thursday at 6pm UTC+2 like @angryjohnny said.

jduffield
    @jduffield

I dont think the time has changed. It was “3 days + x hours” and now its closer, it shows us the time.

HarleyM
    @harleym

Is there any precedent for this event that suggests how Stone Guard will be obtained?

Baconizer
    @korath88

@harleym From the description, it seems like completing the 15 levels and beating the dungeon should get you the class. I don’t think this will be a leaderboard based event, given how it is said to be a mini campaign of sorts.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

And it is ON!

Interesting. Not only do you compete for a first place but also to collect items/stars so you can get the new class for Red for free (it will probably be sold for Lucky Coins after the event though).

Make note that only one gate in the new map will be unlocked per day it seems and you can only get one kind of items per open gate/type of levels.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Finally, something different. The third and hardest of today’s battles also has a two tier scoring system for rewards, making it possible to pass without having to completely beat it. The battles were also somewhat challenging which is refreshing. I find myself waiting for the pigs to go first some of the time after a wave change. Call it Arena conditioning as I patiently wait. After all I just had my turn; didn’t I.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

@tigerussell
    I was wondering about the 2 tier wheels. How does it work? They had these on something else a while back, and I couldn’t figure it out. I only receive the final spin.

Also, I find myself waiting as well, due to grinding in the Arena.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

It’s basically what @korath88 said. It’s a different map, accessed via a portal you can click on the regular world map. It looks like there will be 15 levels total, and there are 4 gates that split these up into groups of 3 stages. There’s a 5th gate at the end that leads to a big dust cloud with pigs in it. The gates are time-gated; i.e. after you clear today’s first 3 stages, there’s a gate preventing you from accessing the next set of 3 stages until tomorrow.

In addition to collecting materials like on the regular world map, there’s a leaderboard too, just like all other events to roll for mastery points. To unlock Red’s new class, you have to collect a large amount of materials, so if you want the new class, be prepared to grind out this mini-dungeon for materials. All battles cost stamina though, so you’ll have to burn your stamina drinks or simply play a battle or two every hour.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@rucustum — Since the battle is five waves with a reward wheel after three you could conceivably be knocked out on wave four or five and still get credit for the completion of the stage allowing you to continue on the path. You will spin the lesser wheel and receive lesser rewards. You will also not get three stars, though I don’t know if you will get only one or more probably two.

This is a small hedge against imbalance. People with birds of a certain level (41) but lacking set equipment would probably find it hard to beat all five waves. They don’t want anyone to get stonewalled and not be able to complete the quest. You will also be able to get the 40 required stars without having to three star all the levels.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@tigerussell I use Wizard, Pirate, and Skulkers. Even without gear sets, this team can power through the 5-wave battles. Since you always attack first unlike PvP, you will knock out most of the pigs on the first turn. If you’re unlucky, you may have to use a potion or two.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

@tigerussell
    Thanks for the explanation. I have never failed one, that had 2 wheels… I don’t think I will try it, to find out, haha.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@whiteasice You had the same idea as mine ! But I don’t have Skulkers, so I use Tricksters, who can cleanse and dispel.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

Just beat the first three levels. Seemed a lot easier than the previous event with the robots, but that’s just me.

If your birds are at max level and high mastery (level 7 or 8 at least?) you should be fine.

The levels are extremely easy; It is just a matter of staying first in the event and collecting the right amount of resources before the timed release on the next gate has finished counting down.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

I’m am struggling to get the feathers… I don’t have enough Friendship essence to waste. 4 so far with a score of 510, and I have used a couple stamina drinks.

The Golden Clouds Dungeon is a scam; there are no Lucky Coins you can earn as a reward for completing it.

Kackman73
    @kackman73

@chrish15 Have you somehow completed the Golden Clouds Dungeon already? If so, how? (And if not, how do you know?)

The main reward is 200 Snoutlings meaning that there wouldn’t be any Lucky Coins in other sections of the wheel after completing the dungeon; Lucky Coins are much more valuable than Snoutlings.

laura118b
    @laura118b

That’s not a scam, it’s a standard dungeon reward.

A Golden Clouds dungeon suggests that the reward might be Lucky Coins; since the reward is just Snoutlings, it is a scam. I can make 200 Snoutlings by doing the Star Reef or Desert Castle twice, taking about 5 minutes in total.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@chrish15 Lucky Coins have never been on the reward wheel, you get the LCs usually in a chest outside the level, a chest on the wheel or after finishing the level (like with the daily lucky pig fight). The rewards on the wheel are other items for those levels and I suspect that the Golden Clouds Dungeon will work the same way.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum MINI-MAP Campaign + New Dungeon (April 10th – April 19th)

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.