Halloween Competition

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Halloween Competition

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 106 total)
  • Replies
  • sheepybach
    @paul13

Yesterday I completed 5 Nodes and got the grand total of Zero, nothing 0 pumpkins, there were none to collect. Then the next 3 nodes pumpkins everywhere crazy setup

PS
    Just had this again and this time there were pumpkins

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Love the game,, won today’s comp .. 200 gems
    Those were lost along with a previous hard fought 201 gems for a total of 401 gems gone because of latest update although appearing to have you connected to facebook does not.
    I have enjoyed the camaraderie here but the time has come…..

@optimuspig
    yes i know one should never click the check mark , but there is no way of saving any progress unless facebook connection is made, so classic Catch 22 problemo ( and i am old enough to have read the book when it was released).

@gradientturtle7
    please pass on my regards to your colleagues and thank them for turning a pleasurable game into a quagmire of ‘expletives’ , but thank you for being kind enough to be the go-between of 0.01% of players worldwide who have had the luck of finding ABN

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

Same happened to me- won 200 gems, the game “updated” and I lost them all.

sheepybach
    @paul13

What update? I’m on 1.8.10.3

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@droversdog

I’m reasonably sure that cloud saves are still happening in the background.

The intended purpose of the “Updating Progress” is the opposite – it’s to restore you to the last saved point. Useful if you’ve suffered a crash or had to reinstall for whatever reason (like I did back in the summer after an app update gone bad).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

High ranked players in the “regular” game are disadvantaged in the hallowe’en competition since we’re less likely have to have nodes spawn in the high yield pumpkin areas such as forest or beach.

sheepybach
    @paul13

That is what I’m finding not many pumpkins on nodes, On a node with 10 mins to go before the comp started they were everywhere, comp started and not long after was on the same node and there was only 3 pumpkins in total. crazy

crazytw
    @crazytw

On iOS, not sure about android, smashed pumpkins are counted even if you exit a node. It will not show up in the totals until the next completed node. This makes the competition flawed. You can rack up a lot of pumpkins with an energon character

Weasel
    @bailey1969

Hi I’ve just finished 2nd but instead of getting crystals I got money! Any idea what’s going on?

joshi
    @michaelwr

Great, just won pumpkin event 100 pts clear in 1st place so watched it end then colected the prize, 10k wtf where is my 200 crystals complete ripoff.

bigorange
    @bigorange

Same here, I was first with 1500 pumpkins, 300 clear of the 2th only seconds before ending, and I got also coins instead of 200 Gems,
    Rovio is stealing from us, and we don’t get even any apologies or compensation.

omp180
    @omp180

I got the updating progress bug, now pumpkins aren’t being added.

I paid for Jenga (derp me), I refuse to drop anymore of my hard earned on this game!

Scotto
    @forterox

Same here stuck on 249, rebooted, came back and now 194???

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

WHAT THE H-E-L-L IS GOING ON HERE? I CAME IN FIRST PLACE. I NAILED IT!!! I SPENT SO MANY HOURS ON THIS THAT MY WRIST HURTS! AND ALL I GOT WAS A LOUSY 10,000 COINS????? WHERE ARE MY 200 GEMS?????

@gradientturtle7

vega
    @vegabomb

I played in two of the competitions and took first in both. 200 gems each time.

Anyone know if that was the last competition?

LBCJohnny
    @lbcgolf

Same thing here. Came in 2nd but all I got was 10000 coins! No gems!

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@20qmindreader @optimuspig I know how devastating the feeling is, even though I got the gems the updating progress bug took 200 + 201 as a bonus.
    Joonas at Rovio replied to my complaint and asked “If you have connected your game to your Facebook account, we could try to restore your progress prior to the incident where you lost your gems, would that suit you?”.. to which I replied “If you are able to restore my progress on facebook save to what it was prior to my loss, please do so alternately you are you able to give me a free Nemesis Prime update package which also includes 400 gems which is about what I lost.”
    No response from them in 36 hours so I am glad I wasn’t holding my breath.

On another note, it is over 4 days now since I have played the game and I think that any addiction I had may almost be cured

sheepybach
    @paul13

I think you need to be in the game when the comp ends, I was top in the first game but not playing at the time and I got nothing the 3 other games I was on the game and got the gems.
    I think pumpkin popping is over and that it will be FatherXmas, Elves or something like that next lol

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

According to the response I got from Rovio, the only safe way to play this game is to make sure you are in Flight Mode.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yeah, I’m sure you don’t have to be in the game when the competition ends.

This time around I was definitely in it when it ended and I didn’t get my 200 gems (and I’ve got the pics to prove it!).

However two competition cycles prior to this one, I was busy and so didn’t log in to claim my competition reward until an hour after it ended, and I got my second place prize of 125 gems!

Fail, fail, fail.

otter
    @otter

What?????? No turkey shooting ABT’s??????? Bummer….

Well I did win my group…200 gems… But no coins…. I have over 10 million not to worried about that……

otter
    @otter

One thing I noticed again was…. Now that the comps are over…. Pumpkins all over the place…..time for them to leave…. They are not worth anything… Just my thoughts….

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@gradientturtle7

I noticed a buddy bug during the competition: the buddies only show up fo 5 seconds even though they say 10 seconds and boosting the buddy causes him to show up for 10 seconds instead of 15; sometimes the buddies take so long to regenerate, they can only be called on once or twice during the run; you have to hit the button more than once to get the buddy to respond; buddies scroll off screen and then leaves altogether during the swarms of pigs unless you time it so the buddy is sill there when it’s time to board the train. This all becomes glaringly obvious once you play the AB2 promotional Optimus Prime.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“However, the explanation behind this issue seems to be that some other users have passed you in the standings right before the competition has ended. This is more probable than not, especially if the difference between you and your competitors have been very slim. The standings leaderboards might take some time to update, thus the results may take some time to update to the latest level fast enough. This is true especially if you’ve been using cellular data to play the game.”

I call Bravo Sierra on that one!

727 pumpkins difference between #1 and #4 …..

Halloween Competition Rankings.PNG

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I agree, when I won in second place the person who won first was a good 200 – 300 pumpkins ahead of me. I had 1,702 and the person in third place had 540! The next time I played, I was in third place and the person in second place had well over 500 pumpkins more. To maintain first place took a huge amount of time that few people we’re willing to commit, so it’s more likely that the contests weren’t even close…

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Halloween Competition

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.