Halloween Competition

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Halloween Competition

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • Replies
  • Aristiana
    @aristiana

I gave a “normal” username for the competition, but I have a gigantic username, in hexadecimal, so long I can’t read my total amount of pumpkin.

Anyone else have this problem?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@aristiana

I don’t have this problem myself, but five of the players in my grouping do, so you’re definitely not the only one.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

After 12 hours of play, the leader in my grouping already has 722 pumpkins. At the pace, by the end he’ll be well over 4,000.

How are people doing this???

sheepybach
    @paul13

100 here but only done a few nods. Leader is 629

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig

I don’t know because I can’t play, but if I could my strategy would be to use photoblast or glassor (one of the energonicons that cleans up all the targets) and boost my buddy. I would not run missions or upgrades, so that no nodes are blocked. I’d play every available node (w/o using any gems) to keep the EggBots moving to clear more nodes. My focus would be on pumpkins while avoiding anything that could get me killed or cause a dramatic reduction in hearts, so that I don’t have to waste time recharging, since the same Tf keeps showing up on the map when you use this method. Lastly, I’d set aside several hours to play. Result: coin count is low, but pumpkin count high — worth it for 400 gems.

This is a good question, I wonder what strategy the gem winners are using…

otter
    @otter

I know…. I have a JOB and a family….. Lucky on the first compitition, finished 3Rd in my group with only 425 as a total…. Got my butt kicked in the second 450+ but the winner was over 2k…. This time I lucked out again. Currenty in first with 300+…. But still 2 days to do…. We shall see…

weddings4ever
    @weddings4ever

This latest holloween update is buggy. There has been several times that I have started a mission and my buddy doesn’t respond nor does my wheels. As a result all my money and pumpkins are not counted because am crushed by the tall statues or killed with bombs or gunfire cause I canted bug out!

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@weddings4ever

The second you notice the buttons are unresponsive in the node, you can immediately use the button in the top left hand corner to exit to the map. If you’ve paid to boost a buddy or to switch a Tf you will lose this, along with anything coins/pumpkins, but the Tf will not be killed and you can rerun the node.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This has been pretty poorly planned, IMO. Your chance of success or failure (all other things being equal, like actually being able to run nodes and not being bugged out) is entirely dependent on who the other 19 players are in your cohort, i.e. the amount of effort required really depends on whether you’re stuck with a bunch of Types As, or a bunch of slackers.

If it had been up to me, then instead of making it a direct competition between players, it should simply have been a matter of reaching certain benchmarks – for example everyone who achieved 500 pumpkins would automatically earn 50 gems, or whatever.

This would still serve to encourage people to play more (which is really Rovio’s objective, as their ad revenues correlate to the size of the active player base), perhaps even moreso than the current setup, because I can imagine it’s pretty discouraging to see someone with a a thousand pumpkins when you’re under a hundred. At that point, why would you even bother trying?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m thinking that perhaps Strikebot (the old Energon Airstrike) might be good for clearing out pumpkins. Especially in the desert nodes, where sometimes the pumpkins are tiny off in the distance and they’re really hard to see.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

Rovio should be ashamed of rolling out a competition that’s so full of bugs. I have been ahead then behind, then ahead again and now behind again because the game can’t decide which number of pumpkins to use. On the leader board, I show one thing, during play another number. I’ve been cheated out of probably 300 or so just from the buggy resets and the rob you blind “progress updates.” I just stopped playing the tournament because it appears to be a one step forward, two steps back proposition. Playing the game is far less fun and I hope the Halloween crap goes away after today. Although, it’s an even money bet that the removal of the competition will leave residual bugs in the game.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I missed the end of the latest competition, so I don’t know what the leader came in at, but last I checked (about four hours prior to the end), he was over 2,100!

I was a distant second, at 1,300.

Third place (assuming no changes in those four hours) came in at 99. Not bad for zero effort, lol.

taco
    @geary

I came in second place with 2015 pumpkins and got no Jems what gives.

Vannie5555
    @vannie

I also came in second place , for the 2nd time and only got 10,000 coins.

The reward says that I should have got 75 gems.

What gives?

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I came 2nd in my league and was awarded 125 gems, if it wasn’t the weekend whilst this round was being played I would have had no chance… winner was on over 2500, I played every chance I had to keep in the top 3 with 2200 and 3rd place was only 75 behind and was closing rapidly. As I was at work and for the last 4 hours I was hoping my 350 buffer was enough and luckily survived

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

What I’ve been doing is taking a screen shot of the competition tally screen to show my ranking and prize, and that way I’ll have proof if it doesn’t get credited properly (I would just take another screen shot right afterwards so I have a before and after).

otter
    @otter

All…..

One thing that I have noticed is that durring the time between compititions the amount of pumpkins is huge…. They ony give you 1 coin each but when the compitition starts they are reduced to small amounts… Just wondering if this is a ploy to get us play….

sheepybach
    @paul13

Where has all the Pumpkins gone, we seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere
    Crazy they drop them during a comp IMHO

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well someone’s finding them.

In the first 12 hours of play, the top 3 of my cohort reads:

1. 531
    2. 425
    3. 306

(None of them are me, btw).

Yeesh. I think I’m going to take it easy this round.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I just checked and I’m No.7 135,
    No.1 581
    No.2 554
    No.3 533

They must not like me no more lol

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m giving up. Everyone in the Top 5 is > 400 pumpkins. I’m not willing to put in that kind of effort.

sheepybach
    @paul13

So am I as the top 3 are between 2000 and 1600 and my 400+ looks tiny lol

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

If we play in airplane mode, will our accumulated pumpkins get added to our total once we go back online?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I played a few nodes yesterday morning while not connected to wifi and it showed my pumpkin count after the node. When I played at lunch not connected, it did not. When I got home and connected, it added the morning pumpkins to my count. I didn’t get a chance to play during the day today, so it may be hit or miss.

HRM1804
    @hrm1804

Guess it’s Rovios usual BS…trying to sucker us to spend more. I was top last night..all day today…and in two hours this other person surged ahead 300 + pumpkins? Really?..yeah right. Either have codes or this is rigged worse than a cheapo Vegas slot machine. By the way…if you have actually been dumb enough to purchase Jems…ie..stupid me…and been booted..reset..lost everything and started over…again me…..If you can get a screenshot of your purchases..like with Amazon…they will give you codes to enter to get your shit back. Won’t restore where you were..but is something. This company is a ripoff.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Halloween Competition

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.