Cheater(s) in AB2 Arena?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Cheater(s) in AB2 Arena?

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 307 total)
  • Replies
  • wrw01
    @wrw01

@aeshna

I tried to copy and paste but all that showed up was the link information (the text in the window) in #2 but not the picture. Not sure what I am doing wrong but will try again.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@bankler
    The pic in my album dated 2/28/16 with Red in first place. Red 10950 took over first place in a matter of hours. He rose from nowhere. Appears to be a low score hacker or cheat.
    Also appears to have a high metal count with 8 metals.

I thought the hackers were to be prevented from entering the game with the last update? This one came from nowhere with 10-12 hours remaining.

This really demotvates the honest player seeing that Rovio cannot protect its games from hackers after they say they will.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@wrw01 – you’re nearly there.
    When I copy and paste I get this message. Just press enter ….
    a href=”https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/aeshna/album/picture/18205/”<imsrc=”https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/wp-content/uploads/album/78783/image-12-360×640.png&#8221; alt=”image.png” /></a.>

image.png

Peter Sliep
    @peter-sliep

@clovos,
    Can you check Arjon in our tournament? I think its a ‘class’ cheater. Already got 240 stars in a single day. Not sure if thats possible. Even if you do spend gems, not worth the 100 gems if you win, because you bought the win…

Kind regards,
    Peter

wrw01
    @wrw01

@aeshna
    Thank you, I was just not going to the next step of pressing enter….dahhhhhhhhhh

wrw01
    @wrw01

@peter-sliep

I have been informed recently that @clovos is doing other matters and that @bankler will be viewing the requests from AB2 through the ABNest. Just an FYI for future reference.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@peter-sliep
    At this point we cannot track down individual users through their Facebook name to determine if they cheat. We have taken some basic measures to deal with cheaters, but they don’t cover all cases by any means. There will be additional actions taken to improve this in the coming updates, as it’s obviously very discouraging for honest players when they suspect they’re competing against a cheater. Our ambition for the future is to prevent cheating, rather than tracking down and punishing cheaters.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

Hi.
    I am very surprised at the enormous amount of glitches, bugs, different testing users and basically the large amount or programming errors this game has, and the little success Rovio has had in correcting them.
    What astonishes me even more is the huge amount of cheating complaints that have appeared in this forum (there have to be a zillion more) and the superficial attempt of Rovio to fix this issue; and also the lack of success they have had.
    I cannot imagine why such a poor performance has not been turned around.
    Kind regards.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

27 out of my last 31 matches in the arena have been against folks with 5 spell cards. It’s hard for me to believe that this is random pre recorded data from other players. I’ve reached the point of not even wanting to play. That’s a shame because I absolutely loved this game.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

It’s not just the five cards they’re playing, it’s they are usually level 6, 7 or 8 players (and look about 12 years old on their profile photo).

Guess AB2 hackez and warez are popular right now.

I’ll only play against players using no spell cards and have SEVEN birds. Isn’t that why the red boxes were nurfed? level playing field and all that.

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

TO avoid playing against those with spell cards, just exit the game and find one that don’t use spell cards. Your free entry won’t disappear if you exit the game before tossing your first bird. Rovio encourages people to buy/use spell cards, how else will they earn their keep? So I doubt they’ll remove that feature.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I’m aware that I can back out of matches and find a new opponent. I’m also aware of how time consuming this is especially if it happens over and over. Furthermore why should I have to do this anyway? It’s the games responsibility to give me a legit opponent who isn’t a cheater. You folks can believe whatever you will but I refuse to believe that 35 out of 41 of my opponents that have 5 spell cards are the pre recorded data of legitimate players. Especially when they only have 4 birds. It’s fairness that I crave- not an easy win over a lesser skilled and lesser ranked opponent. If I get my butt beat by legit players then so be it. I’m 100% ok with that.

Jon S
    @jon3800

I’ve been experiencing some issues as well

– Sometimes the random generator will pit me against people with levels that are much higher than mine (levels 44 and 67) and I’m currently at level 28. Naturally I can choose to not battle with them

– I really don’t get this extra card thing. If I’m battling a player with seven birds and all 5 powerups…why is that in the battle their cards show up as 10+3; a grand total of 13. 7 birds + 5 powerups totals 12 so where is this extra coming from? Is it predetermined because the player acquires the 13th card when they lose all the 12 so that they can improve their score? Sometimes I think it’s an unfair advantage. I experienced a battle about 2-3 weeks ago with a player that only used the 7 birds. I was to beat him since he ran out of the cards, I watched the ad to gain the extra card so I can get at least win 6-7 stars then somehow he draws out 2-3 extra cards beating me by 100000 points. It’s frustrating since I like to get into the amethyst league with my level 8 birds, though it’s hard enough when the top 3 players get 300-400 stars within the first day of the tournament.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dwhite40704 — What league are you in? Im curious because I’m not seeing nearly as many people with 5 spells as you, and rarely see people with less than 7 birds. I’m in gold league (I dropped back several leagues when the arena got really bad a few weeks ago). I also don’t see as much of the opponent getting several birds in a row when their icon is greyed out. It would make sense to me if most of the cheaters are in the higher leagues. So just wondering if I have more cheaters to look forward to if I advance in leagues.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jon3800 — I thought I had posted a response to you, but it has disappeared.
    The level of your opponent doesn’t matter; the level of their birds and number of spells does. @bankler — Maybe you need to add the 10+3 card issue to your list.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

A quick look at feedback for AB2 at the Apple Store shows that people are giving up on the game because of the arena. Giving up because they’re playing against those that have 12/13 cards. Giving up because they don’t think the arenas fair.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Diamond league. Yes sir, a quick review of the App Store reviews tells me I’m not the only one having problems with the repeated 5 spell opponents. Many of those folks have quit. I’m not ready to give up on my favorite game just yet.

wrw01
    @wrw01

Hi @bankler

It seems that Carl “the Hack/Cheat” is still in the Arena. He has an impossible score of 1546 in the first day of the Arena.

Why should we even play now?
    His guy has been cheating for weeks?
    Lets toast this guy so the honest players can play an honest game and have fun.
    It is no fun to play with a hack?
    AB2 Carl the Cheat 4/10/16.jpg

wrw01
    @wrw01

@aeshna

It worked!!!
    Above
    thank you…

wrw01
    @wrw01

@bankler

Carl the hack has the arrogance to post a picture and even be proud of it that he hacks the game… “come on” man go get this guy…he is laughing at all of us.

cognitive
    @cognitive

A lot of cheating is happening at lower levels – the mid 20 star players with ‘only’ 3-4 5 level birds who start with an extra spell or three…

How can we back out of the match and select a different opponent once we see such a player? is that possible without losing a turn in the Arena?

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@wrw01 – no thanks needed :)

Shame your first upload is of a cheat that Rovio have continually ignored.

@cognitive
    – it’s no better in the diamond league.

Since the enforced update, I am no longer matched against players of my level but higher ranked opponents, all with level 8 birds, and 70% playing spell cards. It takes 7+ restarts now to find a player not using spell cards. I can’t find anyone my level though, so for the last week opponents have been higher.

It is possible to find a rematch without losing turn, I close the game on iPhone by swiping left.

Rovio haven’t got around to enforcing you to play first match up, yet, no doubt it’s on the cards.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Cognitive, yes you can back out of a match. Do not click on “Battle”. Exit the game and close it. Wait a few minutes then go back. You do not lose a turn or free entry and you can get an different opponent. Pick your battles. Better to close the game and wait a few minutes. What Aeshna said.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@aeshna
    thank you for all the assistance

Hi @bankler
    as previously stated above…
    “Shame your first upload is of a cheat that Rovio have continually ignored.”

Is that true? or
    Is he just smarter and the “company” cannot not stop or defeat his/her skills?

What is the truth…please enlighten the end users to the truth, if your are permitted to do so, we can feel:
    1. demotivated to play because we will then alway know we will never win,
    2. defeated because we always know that Carl will alway be permitted to cheat/hack, or
    3. just depressed because Rovio does not have the money, resources or personnel to stop the hacks…

We are just end users who happen to love playing the game, enjoy playing the game and want to keep playing the game

HELP!!!

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Sad to see Carl still in this. Rovio has known about him for months. The leader in my Diamond League already has over 600 pts so why even bother? Concerning backing out of matches- I’ve had some bad luck doing this. About 20% of the time I lose the match itself. But the way I look at it is someone with 5 spell cards is gonna beat my brains in anyhow so I might as well take the chance on getting a new opponent.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Cheater(s) in AB2 Arena?

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.