Cheater(s) in AB2 Arena?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Cheater(s) in AB2 Arena?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 307 total)
  • Replies
  • wrw01
    @wrw01

@clovos @bankler

I uploaded two pics to my ABN album titled:
    AB2 No Name Player(s) start screen 1
    AB2 No Name Player(s) finish screen 1

These are for the first game played and documented. There are two other games’ pics but they all have the same results.

Hope this helps and THANK YOU for trying to fix these three situations as mentioned above.

@wrw01
    The names will be fixed for the next update! It’s when the name contains letters from other languages(in this case arabic) we could not display it in some labels. I changed it to dynamic fonts and it should now work :-) Thanks again for the report.
    Regarding the score. It seems to be legit. In the pictures that you sent me the opponent uses five spells. This gives him a small advantage. And it is possible, specially for cool people like yourself who are in the diamond leagues, to fight the same recording twice. When you are in the diamond league and with really high bird level, there is not as many recorded rounds because there’s limited people with the same requirements. Therefore, its more likely to fight the same opponent.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@clovos
    Thank you again for looking into this. It is great they are legit, it makes it ok to be defeated by a better player(s). Also thanks for the explanation as to why I have played them and their results always end in the same score.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@clovos @bankler

Looks like another hacker has broken into your system. In a matter of 15 minutes I went from 3rd to fourth place. A player with a strange name of Bahr (the r is reversed) came from no where and scored 2,489 in points.

In this Diamond League ,it again is my opinion, that the first three are cheaters because of the outrageous scores and how fast they gained their points. The new person was never in 4th place or behind me working their way up.

I took a picture and will load it in the ABN Album. Will also file a request at the Rovio site.

This get discouraging to play and takes all the fun out of the game.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@wrw01 – It appears to me what is happening that these cheats are being active over the last few days of the tournament AND when there is no customer support at the help desk, as it is the weekend. More and more cheats are doing this.

And as for contacting the help desk, I’ve been told to be patient, but after 9 days after receiving their initial response email, nothing.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@aeshna
    I am not 100% sure the individual above mentioned in my note is a hacker because they may have played off-line for the previous 4 days. I have never played the Arena off-line so not sure that is a option either.

But to have such a high score and have it pop up instantly just appears to be very strange when I have been playing every three hours.

I do have to edit on of my sentences above because it appears the individual in 3rd place is legit according o clovos.

bbmnky
    @rachele-walter

There are always cheaters, they ruined epic for the longest time age now they’re ruining abs. I haven’t won an arena match in days. Today, my opponent had 0 points after the first room, then over 332,000,000 in the 2nd room. Their score never changed after that. I took screenshots but can’t get them to load.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@clovos

@bankler

Hi @wrw01
    You just beat me to the punch, I noticed the same thing.
    It is VERY frustrating!
    I have commented on this tournament before, and it currently stands like this:
    1) Bahr level 21 2,489 stars
    2) John level 46 1,360 stars
    3) Red 31853 level 35 821 stars
    4) Waters Level 25 534 stars
    5) Unknown level 28 418 stars

First and second place evidently are cheaters.
    Am not sure about third, but looks so.
    So I am surprised Rovio has not done anything about it so far.
    After this evidence, nobody should take playing the arena seriuosly.

And BTW, you cannot play the arena off-line; at least I can’t.

Kind regards.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@clovos

@bankler

Hi again.
    Not taking cheating into consideration, the arena tournaments should change in a drastic way.
    Based on my previous post’s statistics, it is clear that the tournament is MONEY oriented.

I do not remember you addressing this issue before in a clear way.
    So as not to get confused, here is my question:

Will tournaments be fundamentally be driven by skill, perseverance and a little bit of luck OR by money and or gems?

Many of us would very much appreciate your answer.

Kind regards.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@clovos @bankler
    Wow I amazed to say the least…I have 3 stared all the levels up to 180 and have been #1 in the third set of levels and number 2 in the first two sets of levels and just noticed that all my scores have been erased…my scores are not being presented in the game…I have logged into Facebook each time I played…it is like I have never played AB2…what is going on…talk about a major hack…well I just received it…What a mess…hope you all are working the weekend because it appears the game has major problems…

wrw01
    @wrw01

@clovos @bankler
    Now it appears the scores are back to being presented…what a joy

kedik22
    @kedik22

@wrw01

Good for you!
    What do you think happened?

Kind regards.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@kedik22
    I had no idea. It was shocking to say the least to see my name not on the little score board with two other from Facebook. I got out of the game, Facebook, cleared the iPad, and shuteverything down twice and nothing happened. I work Rovio a note and then went back into the game and there they were again. What a relief to view them again. I think the joy comes from all the time spent playing and seeing the results. The shock was seeing them disappear. Hope never to experience that again.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@clovos. @bankler

There are 11 hours remaining in the Diamond arena game and I just wanted to summarize that I think the top three players appear to have hacked into the game and posted scores way to high or low scores just too quickly in that one did not see them climb their way past you or the players below:
    1. Vasy = 47,483,683
    2. Red #2089 = 1,259832
    3. BAHR = 2,499 (the r is reversed, very quick rise to 3rd place)

I will post an undated pic in the ABN album

wrw01
    @wrw01

@clovos @bankler

Just checked some levels again and starting in level 61 looks like my scores have been erased again…not sure what is going on. Hope you can get them back.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@clovos

@bankler

Hi.
    The current results in my diamond tournament arena is as follows, nine hours remaining:
    1. Red 31852 1,259,832
    2. Bahr 2,499 yes, with the r inverted
    3. John 1,369

They are obviously cheating.
    Furthermore, @wrw01 and I have the SAME player: Bahr with the r inverted AND with the same score!

We hope you can address all previous issues posted here a Fed hours ago.

Kind regards.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@clovos @bankler

Well the tournament just ended for the Diamond Level and I came in 4th behind the three suspected cheaters that I mentioned above.

So it is my understanding after experiencing this and watching those cheater hack the game for the past 3 days, is that, the honest players will always finish behind the hackers/cheaters. We will alway get “punished” for playing the game correctly and not cheating.
    It appears there is nothing your team can do to delete them while the game is still playing because they ended the game with the top three spots.
    So why should we play the Arena anymore? The cheaters are always going to win the top positions.
    It also appears that your previous efforts to stop them are in vain because the cheats cannot be stopped and they are appearing in other levels also as @kedik22 mentioned above.

Why end these tournaments on a weekend? Why not a weekday when you and your team is working so the honest players can obtain some assistance?

To say the least, this situation of your team permitting the cheats into the game and then letting them win all the top spots is very discouraging and really demotivates one from playing in the Arena.

All my playing time and all the other honest players’ playing time was basically just a waste of time other than getting some gold stars to increase the star levels.

This is really sad that you folks have let this go on for so long. I can now understand why most all of the folks in the Diamond League do not even try to obtain the top 3 spots and 4-6 do not even play anymore and have scores of zero. The reality of the situation is that there will never be any chance of ever getting into the top positions. It seems that I am always “late for the party” and just found out what everyone else knows about the Arena.

What is really discouraging is that if these hackers cannot be stopped in the Arena after all these months that we have been playing AB2 and your team has be trying to stop them, then they will never be stopped as least in the Arena. Why waste any more of your time and ours. Just delete the Arena and come up with something else that they cannot hack…if there is such a game.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@clovos @bankler

Hi.
    As you already know, the tournament ended, finally.
    I came in seventh and I was awarded the HUGE amount of two gems for my efforts.
    The sad part is that I don’t know who came in first, second or third place and what scores they had.
    I don’t know by how many million stars I lost by, so therefore I don’t know how much I have to apply myself for the next tournament.
    Don’t know how much I have to improve my cheating skills or how deep I will have to dig into my wallet!

I agree with everything @wrw01 stated above, EVERYTHING!

On a happier note a new tournament begins.
    I was lucky enough to draw TWO confirmed cheaters against whom I will have the opportunity to compare skills with.
    Vasy and Bahr, yes with the inverted r.
    It will be a challange!

Many of us are curious about your input, so please don’t keep us waiting long.

Kind regards.

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

cheat

The tournament session for this week is two hours old… And the #1 guy is already 4k points ahead.:P

dlad
    @dlad

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/dlad/album/picture/17744/

Seriously how’s this possible…

Click on the link and see the number of badges he have……
    For some reason I am not able to put picture direct here…….

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

“Seriously how’s this possible…”

Well, you root your phone, edit the save file, type in whatever number you want and upload it to the server.

Though I find it amazing that Rovio has not blocked those cheats. Tournament wins are awarded on the server meaning that the server already knows the correct number of wins and still they allow the correct number to be overwritten by a number that’s easy to fake. When they designed Arena they obviously cared very little about possible cheating.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@bigbadaboom
    I am not well versed in what you wrote about the phone (lack knowledge in that area) but it very clear that Rovio, @clovos and @bankler are not “minding the store” and really do not care about the end users of AB2 because it they did, they would have blocked these cheaters, especially after the last update.

One can almost get the impression that they want the hackers due to the concept that “actions speak louder than words” and their action have been totally ineffective in blocking them. In fact if what you say is a fact and can be accomplished then there is something very wrong with the folks who write the programs for this game and sponsor the game and that saddens me.

I have lost my new scores, after the last update, after level 60 and we have had cheats in the Arena. There is only so much discouragement one can take and this game is not fun anymore. Yes it is a game and yes it is to be fun.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Report a cheater and if there’s an R in the month and the third Friday is the 21st then someone from customer support may get back to you…. or not. I’m still waiting an answer on my email and ticket number.

How hard would it be for someone from Rovio to go through this forum and collate reports of cheaters?

There could even be a thread where we post screenshots of cheaters and Rovio act on them. I’ve got about a dozen now.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@aeshna — I’m surprised Rovio hasn’t responded yet. When did you make your report? You can update your report, which may bring it back to their attention. Rovio does always respond, but it sometimes takes a week if they are overwhelmed (by reports of cheaters, for example).

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Cheater(s) in AB2 Arena?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.