Cheater(s) in AB2 Arena?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Cheater(s) in AB2 Arena?

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 307 total)
  • Replies
  • angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Immediately after the update I won the streak sometimes, but that’s no more possible!!
    Almost every opponent is a sucker with all spell cards and high ranked birds. It’s no more fun!

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Judging by the star level, I’m gonna say they are legit. It’s been documented several times through the nest about unusual medal counts. It’s happened to me as well. After the Arena ends for the week there has been issues connecting and every time it’s tried a medal was issued. I’m showing 27 gold and I only have 13.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

New league today – Oner and Terence 59023 both have 1 point.
    Official labelled cheaters. Well done Rovio.

Superdoug55
    @douglass

Ive ran into a bunch of cheaters in the arena as well. what i dont understand is i will play somebody who is a level 50 ( how they do that ) and all the birds are still level 6’s like the rest of us. I just made it to level 37 and i didnt cheat at all wish at times i could speed up the process but hey !!!!! and i still dont understand why i got 80 levels on last update ive beating all levels in ” the hamalayas ” already and im on 645 in the ” madagooscar” so i have been following and it seems like instead of getting updates every 2 weeks and getting new levels i get 80 levels in one shot every month or month and half. how do i stop this prefer to get new levels every 2 weeks.

Cheathater
    @jeffro12

SuperDoug

I will have to speculate on what you are experiencing. I am not sure if I am reading correctly. But if you are at level 645 then you are getting a benefit from the 80 levels at a time. I am getting the new levels approximately every two weeks. Only difference is that I am through level 620 waiting for new levels. I just got these a few days ago so I won’t even see level 640 a week and a half from now.

I just reached a bird level 91. I often play more than just the free rounds. But I am surprised that you wouldn’t be higher than level 37 as far into the game you are outside of the arena. I am not so sure what you are seeing is cheaters. More likely people with too much money and or just play a lot more rounds than you.

I also just got all my birds to level 10, waiting for level 11 to become available.

With the new win streak feature you will probably see your progress increase faster than the past versions of the game. Especially if you max out your win streak at 7 in a row.

Not sure if that helps. Can’t wait to see the levels you are seeing?

Superdoug55
    @douglass

I got a couple screen shots to see where I’m at but I would live to know how to get higher level faster then I am now . Just seems I need to get more stars faster and big amounts and if rovio has decided to make me special how did I get picked
    I seem to not be able to send a screen shot but would love help on getting leveled up higher faster

Cheathater
    @jeffro12

Now there is either a new cheater in town or the game is being managed in a way that simply is a turn off for me.

I have had to play an unreasonable amount of games to stay in the top 3 for the past two days. Technically we just reached the end of the first 24 hours.

Two months ago 500 points at the end of 7 days was enough to win first place.

The numbers have been much higher for the last 4 weeks. Typically over 1000. That doesn’t bother me when I can see the progress and know it was not a blatant cheat. Again since the last update anything that appeared out of line was handled and the player was dropped to the cellar.

This week there were two players that each had 1 point. I have been watching them closely but so far they are still at 1.

My actual issue will be spelled out on my next post as this is already a bit long winded.

Part 2 after dinner.

Cheathater
    @jeffro12

Part 2

About 6 hours ago I was in 1st with 178 points. I stopped playing for a couple hours and was passed by Arjon. He is level 91 with 52 golds. I have no issue with him.

I went to see a movie and when I got out Arjon was passed by Marcos. Marcos shows Azure league and level 43 with 4 golds and no other medals. I am and have been playing in the Diamond league. Other than he should be playing against others in Azure I have no issues with Marcos.

At that time Arjon and Marcos were at 308 and 331 respectively.

So I decided I better get busy or get left behind. I got to 302 and decided that was close enough for now.

Just 35 minutes later I go to play a couple rounds as I knew the freebie rounds should be available. After I had a quick victory I checked status and I was now in 4th place. Suddenly Bryan is in 1st with a whopping 556 points. IF he was even on the list he had under 100 points just 35 minutes earlier.

So he either is a cheater….or he was moved into the tourney I am in as there were 3 players with high scores over 300 after the first 24 hours. If done to drive people to use even more jewels then I am no more motivated than if there was an individual cheater.

He needs to be removed before I will play another round other than the free rounds. I will only do that so I don’t get too far behind if justice is served and Bryan is removed.

Again…no one will play a game that is impossible to win. I never have an issue being beat fair and square.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

They deny it but I’m gonna keep on saying it. Rovio wants cheaters. People will spend money out the gazoo in an effort to keep up with them. I’m always the bad, paranoid guy who believes this but the evidence never points me in another direction. If every battle is recorded just think for a moment about how many of these cheaters battles we are facing. No wonder we constantly draw these low star (5) spell opponents. And who knows how many extra birds they are getting on top of the spells? This helps me understand how my 7 star rank opponent with (5) level 11 birds and (3) spells can score 9 million and beat me by 3 million. I’m not referring to isolated incidents.

The Rovio rep made a brief reference to all games having cheaters. That very well may be but…. How about standing out in the pack. Be different. Be seperate. Accepting cheaters just because everyone has them is unacceptable to me. I’ve spent a nice chunk of change on this game. A lot of us have. I think we, the players and loyal customers deserve better than just an average game.

Whoever came up with the idea of the constantly changing leaderboards should be fired like yesterday. That’s just absolutely ridiculous.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@dwhite40704

Rovio is famous for not being able to control their games and being hacked…I keep mentioning Angry Birds GO!, and sound like a broken record, but it ruined that game for me and many others due to the fact that they let cheaters in and also couldn’t fix their own game anymore when it had bugs in various updates in the Multi-team multi-player section…They are in the cartoon/movie business now for the most part and the games are like their commercials to promote upcoming cartoons and maybe more movies.

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

Trust me….life is much easier since I deleted Angry Birds, Go and Angry Birds 2.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Only one out of three opponents has no spell cards, next week all opponents will have cards }:-((

That’s no more fun! Sometimes I use ducks, chilis or diamonds that I’ve won, but I won’t spend a single cent to win the arena.
    I’m sure that guys with all spell cards and level 10 birds are cheaters. That would be damn expensive for a serious player to buy the cards just to win one match.

Just think about how much it would cost to play 10 games a day with spells. That would cost much more than the 300 gems you can win in the weekly tournament.
    that five card players are cheaters or just stupid.

Names: The cheaters often have the name “unknown” or russian/asian names. They often have avatars where they laugh about us serious players.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

It has taken a while for the penny to drop but Rovio is the biggest cheater in this game.

Epiphany Aeshna.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@dwhite40704 I am all with you on this. I have also been in the gameDev industry at one point and I know how transparent it is to flip little bit settings to get the game acting a certain way.

In their defense, as with most businesses, Rovio is bottom-line focused. At the end of every week I’m sure the suits sit down with the production team reviewing the revenue generation and say, “how much did we rake in this week?”.

Team: “Ummm, figures are going down.”

CEO: “Then wring it out of ’em dammit!!! Make ’em pay more gems! Get more cash purchases!! Come up with ways to force ’em to pay to play! Because if you don’t you’re out of a job!!!” I have been in this very same scenario myself.

The rules change on this game weekly. What used to work yesterday doesn’t work tomorrow. Birds crash into buildings and fall dead without making a single dent. Single pigs remain after annihilating an entire room, costing the player one more bird or buy-in. Rooms that took one bird to clear suddenly take 3 or 4. I just had Matilda AND Red literally bounce off separate buildings and just roll away. My flock is all at level 9 and I just played an entire level 8 flock in the Arena and got my score whupped by over 1,500,000 pts. Coincidence? Hardly.

Hackers amp up their gem count to 999,999,999,999 and therefore can just buy their way to wins. When Rovio added the ‘Elder’ level, how come players immediately had flocks of level 10+ the very next day? Hack hack hack. I just played a guy in the arena who has an avatar of a car flying into outer space (I forget his name). He is a known hacker who even has videos on YouTube showing how he hacked his game. WHY is he still allowed to play??!
    Because Rovio can’t stop him. There are too many people who have found ways to script into their game engine and Rovio has no way to find them out, so they just ignore and concentrate on rooking the honest players, because those are the ones they can still control. It happened with Webkinz, it happened with Smurfs and it’s happening here too.

Starting a whole new tier of birds essentially just moved the finish line further for those who worked to win the race. Once everyone completes Elder Diamond you just watch that there won’t be ANOTHER tier to amass. And another. And another.

Every day I play this game it costs me gems. There is no way I can just log in and go through a few rounds without buying spells or paying to continue. The writing is on the wall; this is akin to the carnival games where the barkers nail down your targets so you can’t win but think you will. It’s all to frustrate players into maxing out their CCs trying to get ahead against forces that far outweigh them. Arcade owners in the 80s did this with their machine games and now Rovio is doing the same thing with their apps. It’s a losing battle.

Thanks for reading my rant. If Rovio starts wondering why their games are losing money, they can look here for the answer. It’s come to this: as @aeshna stated before, “I no longer even care about playing.” Same with me. Why bother? The fun is gone.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Beautiful DJ. Bravo. Just the stone cold truth. AEshna drops the truth bomb as well.

kelshe
    @kelshe

Looks like the player ahead of me is a cheater as well as several others in my league. Snappy Beakboxer, star level 34, all birds at level 10. Had to struggle in last week’s Arena up to the very last minute to win; I had to get over 1,200 points to win where in previous Arenas 450-500 would do it. I can’t continue that kind of time commitment just to thwart a cheater. Pretty soon, the Arena will be comprised of only cheaters, slugging it out to see who can out-cheat whom. Hope they are happy with the results.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Did you spend any money on the run over 1,200? Please don’t think I’m preaching or talking down to you cause I’m not. I’ve spent $$$ on this sucker too. But if you did spend $$$ to thwart a cheater then that totally backs up my statement about people spending out the gazoo to keep up with cheaters. I only scored over 1,000 once and I spent a nice chunk.

kelshe
    @kelshe

@dwhite40704, no, I didn’t spend any $$$. Way back when, I spent $9.99 for the cape, sceptre and additional lives but since then nothing. And it’ll stay that way. My 1,200 points was the result of grinding. If I have to pay to beat a cheater well, then, he can have it. If one is so insecure that he has to cheat to have self esteem then he should seek counseling rather than savoring a hollow victory. If someone will cheat in this insignificant game, where else will he cheat? Is this a person you would want to know? If enough legitimate players drop out, leaving the Arena to that ilk, maybe Rovio will take steps to stop them. If they don’t know how to stop them, they should hire someone who does know. These people will never pay Rovio so if honest players drop out, Rovio’s income drops off. Dramatically.

Cheathater
    @jeffro12

Sadly I have confirmation that the cheaters are not blocked as much as it appeared.

Bryan has on 3 separate occasions jumped about 500 points almost instantly. In the first 24 hours he went from not on the leaderboard to first with over 500 points.

I thought he was farmed in from another tourney since there were 3 of us playing hard to get close to 300.

It was turning into a barn burner with 5 players all up to 900 as of yesterday. Bryan was hanging back and as of an hour ago he was about 1060.

As of now he is just shy of 2000.

I will just stay in 4th or 5th just shy of 1100. Wasted about 2000 jewels this week. Shame on me!!

No point if you can just plug in your results. Can’t be that fun for the cheater could it?

It is probably for the best as I was spending far too much time playing anyways.

Have fun where you can.

TailsTheDigger!
    @tailsthedigger

I’m (currently) 1st place on the Diamond League, all my birds up to level 6 (excerpt the Blues, level 5). There are some occasions when I end up matched with a player with cards up to level 7, but, today I was paired witk a guy whose Red was level 9 and didn’t even had the 7 birds! And is LEVEL 4! I decided to close the game before losing against that.A cheater or just a (very) lucky player?

TailsTheDigger!
    @tailsthedigger

I don’t know if the photo I attached is visible, but here is the link however: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/tailsthedigger/album/picture/19583/

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

@tailsthedigger
    Probably not a cheater but someone who spent money for upgrading his birds.
    It may cost about €100. Maybe even more. Other question is why he was your opponent in the battle.

TailsTheDigger!
    @tailsthedigger

Woah! €100 in just IAPs?! The max I’ve spent is like $10!
    I ask myself the same question. That never happened before, I’ve been matched with opponents with similar statistics as mine: level 38-40, birds up to level 6 or even one of 7.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

I met this one once….

WTF.png

I still don’t believe that someone spends so much money for that. I suppose they are cheaters who got an amount of a million gems to pay for treasures and spells.

ATP
    @atp213

The arena went from being fun with the new features to a complete buzzkill. I have two level 7, and 5 level 6 birds. I routinely run into level 8s & 9s after just one win. I hardly ever make it to attempt a third win, and if I do, I run into almost all level 8s with 2 or 3 spells. Can you please fix the arena to make the battles at least competitive. And I am not even going to get started on the cheaters, way too many of those.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Cheater(s) in AB2 Arena?

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.