Arena Season 9

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 9

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 343 total)
  • Replies
  • Suikyo
    @suikyo

I also quit. spent so much time each season. but what do I really get? :(

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@suikyo Respect from your peers and 15 Red Patches from the AGPM? For everything else, there’s Mastercard.

angryde
    @angryde

@jamairoqui Ahhh, so true!

Ed. I realise that this is probably just my – entirely justifiable! – paranoia speaking… but the post-battle reward wheel seems even more rigged than normal..!?! I swear, in several hundred 3* battles, I’ve only managed to spin-up the 50x trophies reward about 15 times! I’m getting over it! :-/

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Just out of curiosity are you all still playing CG opponents?

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@suikyo

Sorry to hear about your dismay with the arena? It is true though unless you need the enchantment shards it really is pointless. It’s not like anybody check’s their trophy page every day.

@bubbley

Still CG players with the new banners mostly

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley

@shapokomanbeast

@all
    For those who have found themselves on a cheaters league, or suspect so, I’ve been asked to send screenshots of the leaderboard, and to quote:

“If you have been placed on a cheater leaderboard by accident, the only way to fix that would be to edit the game file manually. That means that you’d unfortunately have to connect your game to a Rovio Account, because without the account connection we can’t edit the game file.”

What do you make of this?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@DD I don’t understand how these things work in any way whatsoever. I have an account. I was told I needed one when I upgraded my iPad and had to reinstall the game. I have also read your arguments for not having an account which I respect. I honestly don’t know whether you need one or not.

It seems to me that they tinker with individual games. We don’t all get Epic messages at the same time or even at all. Since they can do that why can’t they edit your file.

What I find particularly interesting is that you have been told it’s possible to solve the Cheater label. I have been told that they don’t know how to fix it.

A question of the whole truth I believe.

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley Say if I use a Rovio account and they fixed the problem by editing the game file, why then did they say they don’t know how to fix the same problem for you? Is it the left hand don’t know what the right hand does? Or am I being misled here? I note that they say it’s the only way to fix it, not that they can for me. And I should also pointed out that I managed to send them my game file in the past before they effectively prevent people from accessing it after Apple made some changes to the permission; they could have easily make it accessible again.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley Yeah, I’m still facing 100% CG, Bubs.

metztli013
    @metztli013

What is going on with my leaderboard??? Right now, it says everyone gets 900 snouts. Yesterday it said everyone got 2000 at one point, 1000 at another.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

@metztli013 Its a bug. The amount of snouts shown depends on your current position in the league or event. If you are in 1st it will show 2000 for everyone.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow I have asked them if they can edit my file to solve the problem. I await a response.

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley If they manage to remove you from cheater leagues, others who are affected should benefit from it too. Personally, I think they should just remove everyone from cheater leagues and let their system add future cheaters. Much easier for all honest players and themselves too, and less likely that honest players get placed in cheaters infested boards.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow I agree by far the simplest thing to do. The one problem is, if they release that update @datguygamer talked of, honest players will again fall into the trap.

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley Agree. Given Rovio/Chimera track record, it would be better not to have any anti-cheat system at all.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley So far the system is underdeveloped. I will give you more info in a next days as they gonna release v1.5.4

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley

I wrote a week ago asking if I was on the Cheaters leader board and the problem of not getting 1.5.3. Anyway, today I got a reply.

They didn’t say whether I was or not, and got the same response that you got.

The most frustrating part about the reply, apart from saying was there was nothing they can until they get a “fix” is that they are asking me to send screenshots again. What did they do with the ones I sent in previously? I can only assume they didn’t investigate my previous messages with attached screenshots. I feel like I’m going round in circles :( I can only send in some screenshots now as I deleted some after a couple of weeks to make room for new ones :(

Part of the reply

As for the cheaters leaderboard – We had some reports about the issue where honest users were put in the cheaters league, Unfortunately until our developers fix it there is nothing we can do to move them back to normal leagues. Please send us a screenshot of the leaderboards and we will investigate your case further.

Anonymous

@suzyq
    You might be able to get the old screenshots back by copy/pasting from your old support tickets. If not, you can at least refer the person handling your current ticket to those old ones to review.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@poptimus

Thanks, I will give them my old ticket numbers as I keep all correspondence I send and receive back from them.

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq So does that mean that the reply I got yesterday is basically misleading? See https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/arena-season-9/page/2/#post-172255 for reference.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow

Honestly, I have no idea. I’m not computer savvy, but I have a feeling that editing the file isn’t as easy as it’s sound and maybe more complicated then we realize. Maybe @datguygamer could gives us a clue?

I haven’t even pressed the ‘finish’ button for last season yet as I’m really fed up with facing cheaters every week. I don’t know if I will play this season yet, I may just wait for a few weeks to see if anything changes.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq At your service. What can I help you with @toolow?

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer
    It seems to me that Rovio cannot presently fix the problem of people like @suzyq and @bubbley erroneously put in a cheater league. But the support reply that I got is implying that if they have access to my game file, they can fix it for me. Seems to me that this is either misleading or a partial solution that requires changes to other parts of their game system. What do you think?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow There is a way to manually edit your save after locating it on your deivce but it requires knowledge in hex editing and patching said file back to your game so that it safely is applied and doesn’t crash your game like crazy. What they suggested IS a solution but a temporary one as after one week, it is still possible to end up in a similar situation. However, depending on how they edit it, the solution may become permanent (it is still an option but not a very reliable one) or may cause more problems.

However, first off, in order to access the said save file that they speak of, you need to have a rooted (Android) or jailbroken (iOS) device which about most players here don’t have or know how to.

Do you not have a Rovio account? Otherwise, they wouldn’t have mentioned the method in the first place. They could have just asked your username and bam. Also since you sent them a ticket regarding this, are you also in a cheater board now just like suzy and bubbley?

metztli013
    @metztli013

Omg my board is terrible. Tell me, who has time to grind 10k in wood league?!? I stopped playing last night I think at #4. With 31k-ish I was around 2k from 1st place. Didn’t have time to do anything this morning, so I log in a few minutes ago and 1st has like 42k! AAGGGHHH!!!!! 2nd and 3rd are in the 40k range as well =( Is this normal? Or am I spazzing out? It’s kind of been the day from hell for me so maybe I’m just being dramatic. That just seems like a lot for wood.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 9

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 343 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.