Arena Season 9

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 9

Viewing 18 replies - 326 through 343 (of 343 total)
  • Replies
  • KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    I still count only on Last Will set to lower the impact of losing the coinflip :) I dont have any Mythic Emblem yet :( Ofcourse combination of any Mythic emblem with Mana set and Winged Justice can be very useful no matter what is the result of the coinflip.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@suzyq
    If u get really annoying enemy team, make a fast battle versus Piggy to generate a new enemy. Maybe u already know this :)

DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc
    I can remember struggling very hard and barely managed to hang on, with the venomous team my only combination that can survive. The trick I used was to make Druid the weakest so that Rain Bird can remove negative effects while Rogues distract the opponents. Then set items like Last Will etc offered alternatives and even my battles quite a bit. So from my perspective, those set items are essential (and hence LCs which are deliberately limited in supply).

Wing Justice is occasionally useful for me until splash damage KO the birds and nearly destroyed the banner. I’m currently switching between Valiant, Sweet and Wing Justice every now and then when they seem to be less effective.

@suzyq

Totally relate to your experience except I get non-CG teams most of the time. They’re sometimes very tough (and at times seemed impossible for me) to beat with huge health and damage, and defensive/offensive banner items.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Keep trying, you will get one Mythic Emblem eventually. :)

angryde
    @angryde

@kennymcc Your analysis of the coin-flip(s) sounds distressingly familiar to me… hence the reason why I’m using a new team which includes the “Cheater” set… I couldn’t bear it anymore! :P

Putte
    @puttekula

Cheater set…?

Atom
    @atom

@puttekula The Coin and Dice set for the Blues. It improves your chance of winning the coin toss.

Atom
    @atom

I am DONE with arena. I have made it to Diamond league almost every season since the third and the amount of time that is required to continue to move up is getting to be too much. I don’t always have time to spend hours grinding points with my kids and work so yeah…DONE. I got into Diamond last week and this week’s board (as @angryde can attest) was pretty ridiculous. I did my goals and played a little extra and still wound up in 14th and knocked back to Platinum. I had almost 50K and the person in first had almost 100K by the end. I just don’t have the time or patience for it anymore. I will keep doing the events and leveling up my birds but I have no more love for arena.

DD
    @toolow

@atom Always sad to see people leave the arena but completely understand your point as I share your experience. I may still continue with the arena after this season, but I’ll probably spend a lot less time and effort.

angryde
    @angryde

@atom Hey, I understand you, mate. I’m sorry if my last minute push forced you into the bottom three..? But, like you, I couldn’t bear the idea of getting demoted… I only reached Diamond last week. :-\

I mean, our board was hectic… not huge numbers for position(s) 1-3 but everyone was grinding hard. I knew I’d only get 1* max on Tuesday. It was obvious than nobody was going to give up. I finished in 11th… and that wasn’t a walk in the park.

So, yeah, feel your pain and frustration 100%

Atom
    @atom

@angryde You had nothing to do with my position. I was there all week. I though I might be able to grind out enough this morning to get to 12th but with less than an hour left I still had 3K to go so I just gave up. I like the events better anyways, there’s more variety and better rewards.

angryde
    @angryde

@atom Well, that’s a relief. XD I hear what you’re saying… I ground-out about 4000 trophies in the last two hours… and was completely over it by the time the arena week ended. So boring!

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@atom faced your team in the arena just now
    Edit: when I logged back in I faced @dallasreds team as well

Screenshot_20170119-161720.png

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@atom Is that you in my league this week?

Atom
    @atom

@jamairoqui Yep, that’s me, but don’t expect any more competition from me. I only played because of the Arena Bounty and the shards.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@atom Yeah. I hear you. I played three sets of objectives to get 3×5 sets of shards and then hung up my banner. It felt a little weird at first, but I liked not having to care whether or not anyone was cheating. Apathy is almost as soothing as beer.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 9

Viewing 18 replies - 326 through 343 (of 343 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.