Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@bubbley @pointless @poptimus
    Now I can confirm it. If the first Last Will attack defeats enemy bird that defeated your Chuck, the second Last Will attack never happens. I made a video that can prove it:

So we can say in general: Last Will attacks are interrupted at the moment, when enemy bird which defeated your Chuck (with Last Will set) is defeated, right? It means when the enemy bird is defeated at the same moment when he defeated your Chuck (with Last Will set), for example due to defensive ability of Thunder Bird class, no Last Will attacks are made, right?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny At your service. ;)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny @kennymcc
    Notable changes:
    * New set item added
    Naval Gun
    Naval Ammunition
    * Toss codes changed.
    * Arena objectives seem same
    * More event data added
    * Snoutlings in caves are changed further
    * Materials awarded from harvesting spots are now increased.

I don’t see anything else at the moment.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc @pointless @poptimus yes that is fundamentally what is happening. However there is the curious incidence of no attack at all by any standing bird which I and I believe @pointless have experienced. In my case it was my own birds which did not attack when they should have. I have no explanation for that.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer toss codes – will the toss now be fair? Thanks for the info.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Maybe it is the situation (no Last Will attacks) when the enemy Bird which KOed your Chuck (ThunderBird) is at the same moment KOed by TB’s defensive ability. This can explain it, right?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@datguygamer Thank you very much for that info :-)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer @angryjohnny @bubbley
    It seems that Rovio is going to make set for every Bird, with special ability, that is triggered when u use any rage ability :)

I will keep collecting data of coinflip results :)

BTW. Good work @datguygamer :)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc @pointless @poptimus no that’s not what happened. I lost the toss my Wizard was attacked. He resurrected neither my Paladin nor Captain retaliated. The enemy attack continued and my Wizard was KO. Again neither of my birds, who were both still standing, attacked.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley @angryjohnny @kennymcc Here’s the thing. A small part of the code has changed that now increases chances for the player from 5.23 to 6.89. Now that might seem like a good thing BUT there’s also some more codes that affect the toss based on whether the opponent is a CG one or not and whether the opponent in question has Rage Chili or not. So yeah, BALANCE!!!!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Coin toss depending on whether the opponent has the Rage Chilli or not? But the opponent never uses it on the first turn? Then it shouldn’t have an influence…

Also, they changed the Snoutling drops FURTHER?!? Yuck! I’ll look how much they drop now… When I get to the charger for my phone that is.

BTW, where do you get the changelog from? Is it inside the files or do you actually read through all the code to see what is different?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Just having the Rage Chili is the factor. Not whether the opponent uses it first or not. There are a lot of scenarios coded for tosses and it’s crazy.

They actually increased it some overworld levels. But the castles are still the same amount. Caves are same as well. :/

The changelog cannot be accessed without Jailbreak or Root. And even then, the changelog is not in a readable format. To do that, you need to patch the game with tools and then extract the file to a different folder. After that you need to delete the old file or otherwise the game will still fetch that one. After that, you need to patch that extracted file again in a flashable ROM. Then it will show you the stuff in English, otherwise it will be in random symbols. This is mainly for Android, I don’t know about iOS.

Reading the code is a different matter altogether. Usually if you open the obb (remember that one?), it will show HEX bytes and nothing else. You need to de-compile that one via a console to get all the files that make that single one and the decrypt them further. Then you need to know in which location and which files hold all the necessary data you seek. Sometimes, the hex will tell you stuff outright if you know how to read them. Other times, it will be in the programmed language and sometimes both.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    I know, but since you can’t see the Rage Chilli’s effects on the enemy anyway, it shouldn’t play a role in the coin toss.

At least, they didn’t decrease them. I’m satisfied with that already :P

I never did a jailbreak on my device. Kinda glad about it too, I don’t wanna brick an expensive phone…

Yeah I remember the OBB, containing the game data. :P But what does the APK do, then? Shouldn’t that contain everything about the game? Or is it just, like, a “shell”, and the OBB file is all the filling?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

APK is a package file for apps that has the executable files. OBB is a pure data file that is used as a complement to the APK to run apps.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 That’s for the game to decide. Yes, we can’t see the effect but that does have a part in the toss. But only in a few scenes, most involve the cheater set though as it plays a major part now.

Just like what @angryjohnny said. But there are exceptions:

1. Sometimes the game requires only the apk and does not need the obb. Case in point with Angry Bird Seasons, Space, Star Wars, Original, Rio etc
    2. The game needs extra files but still doesn’t create an obb. Instead, it creates a “data” folder with all necessary files cramped in it. Case in point Asphalt 8, Real Racing 3, Warhammer: Showdown etc.
    3. The game makes both data and obbs. Like Epic, Transformers, Trials Frontier etc.

Yes, the obb is a collection of files that complements the apk which is the installer but there is no absolute requirement for the presence of an obb format itself.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Yes what @datguygamer said; an app can have an APK but no OBB file.

There are some advantages for apps to use an OBB file.
    For example if an app is too large only the APK is downloaded form Google Play and the OBB (that is much larger) can be downloaded from the dev’s servers in the installation process. Also an OBB can be accessed by other apps if necessary and they use the same files so the OBB can be re-used.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny Well explained. :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 @datguygamer
    Yoshi, can u see that now :)? It is the thing I was always talking about :) Rovio dont use standard simple random :) Rovio makes some influence into it :) Here is my opinion: Almost every game creator somehow influences ramdomness in their games :) This was/is and always will be my opinion about randomness in games :) Never trust any random in any game ;)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc I almost laughed off my chair with all those “:)” signs. I can’t even tell if you’re sad or happy or angry. :P

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    I think that I have the same feeling when I hear that some politician was lying or have been corrupted or was cheating (stealing) or something like that :D

Edit: Never trust any politician :D

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@bubbley
    Can u remember what were the enemy Birds (classes, items)? And what was the enemy banner?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

“Random” doesn’t actually exist in computers. Ever since the first time I started learning programming it has been a fact that random in computers is actually just the illusion of randomness, it always need at least one constant to start calculate random numbers from so if you know that constant you can also predict what the computer program will do next.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@shapokomanbeast

I am thinking cheating “might” be happening on our board. Ha. I noticed you changed your name. I understand it except the last four letters. I’m cheering for you.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryjohnny @datguygamer
    Ahhhh, I see it now.

@kennymcc
    @angryjohnny
    Fine, randomness in Epic (and many other video games too) isn’t random. But I believe randomness can be computed. Of course, truly random numbers would go from -∞ to +∞, but nobody can work based on such numbers. But if you were to, for example, tell Java that you want a random integer number between 0 and 99, it will do exactly that and nothing else. At least, I wouldn’t know how to influence the output, other than modifying the minimum and maximum you allow it to put out.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 @angryjohnny

@angryjohnny
    I dont need perfect random. I will be satisfied with random that works in programming languages (systems) and is not influenced by any other factors. That would be a fair random for all players.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.