Arena Season 7

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 851 through 875 (of 1,143 total)
  • Replies
  • ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45,@kennymcc,
    Thanks for the welcome. I’m an old dude 38 who has his own painting business and who has probably spent over $500 on this game. Not huge money but the way I consider it way too much for what I consider a phone game. As such and being able to take breaks whenever I want I have been able to compete against most. I am a grinder who hates grinding but when the arena first started my hatred of them just made me grind more.

Once they somewhat fixed the problem with cheaters I was always able to grind out first place unless there were cheaters. I had one guy who just put up huge numbers and managed to overcome him in the final 15 minutes of the arena league week only for him to pop up 15000 points with 6 minutes left.

I never got a response from Rovio on that one but I didn’t approach my complaint in the best way ?

Sorry for the long-winded rambling but the actual reason I posted was that there is something definitely up with sky_spy. Hopefully Rovio deletes him from your board @smwforever45,
    Good luck

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45
    Sky_Spy’s experience level is 60 and yet all his birds are stuck at level 12 mastery (which I assume he got long ago) and hasn’t budged. Riddle me this batman, how does a player whose birds average between 1900 and 2100 power never go up in mastery whatsoever since the update( I have faced him in the arena so I know his power ratings).

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@shapokomanbeast
    $500? That is a LOT! I have spent exactly €9.99 on this game. XD

I too hate grinding but sometimes it just gets necessary…

Unfortunately, some cheaters still lurk… although they’re gone for the most part.
    If they are able to directly change their score… Don’t compete. They’re watching and they have the tools to “beat” you when you have no chance to catch up anymore.

Have you had Sky_Spy on one of your boards too? That’s messed up… If he’s a confirmed cheater he shouldn’t be able to still play.

EDIT: The phenomenon he seems stuck at Mastery 12 is due to a glitch of the game. Even if you KNOW your enemy has birds higher than Mastery 12, they’ll still show up as Mastery 12. They’re not capped – it just doesn’t show that they’re at Mastery 13, 14 or 15.
    If you were to ever battle me – my Wizard is at M13 too, but you’ll still see him as M12 because of that glitch.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45,
    Whenever I play the arena, I check every bird. Since my power level is at around 1700 to 1800 power Rovio always eventually wants you to lose and hopefully spend money on the game. This is their right as it’s a business, not a charity, I realize that.

However, my theory,which I expounded to Rovio when I first noticed arena cheaters, was that cheaters would get bored of this game. So I was really interested to see what would happen to all the cheating profiles(I had earlier contacted Rovio about deleting obvious cheating profiles and they said it was impossible to do that but everyone else-honest players- had the same odds so it was a fair playing field).

Now correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the experience levels going up coincided with the mastery levels going up on the same update. Therefore to level up experience you would have to level up small amounts of mastery. However, when I play these profiles in the arena(there are over a hundred I have encountered and sky spy is among them), not one of them has a shred of light blue in their mastery above 12.

It hasn’t mattered to me since I can defeat them with my bird teams, however I do feel bad for players like you who have earned everything they’ve gotten in this game.

Sorry for the rant

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45,
    Thanks for clearing up the glitch somewhat, but I also have encountered plenty of bird teams with substantial addition to the m12 class is this just random?

Or does it just show them gaining power during m12 and then once they reachm13 it just goes down to m12 with no points?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@shapokomanbeast
    Doesn’t mean you have to do as they want and spend money.

Cheaters getting bored? Doesn’t seem so… Many cheaters have been known for months, and there is a kind of people that likes to see honest and good players suffer.

Yes, the EXP level and the mastery went up at the same time, with the 1.4.3 update.
    What you’re describing can happen if they have already reached the maximum mastery level. It does not go beyond 15 so the bar will stay empty once they’re at M15.

EDIT: Yeah, once they reach the next rank the bar will go back to zero. But just because it says 12 doesn’t mean they are at M12 and progressing. They could also be at M13 and progressing, or at M14 and progressing.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45,
    Thanks for the valuable information, you’ve saved me from ranting to Rovio about something I’m not informed about. 130000 points is still sufficient evidence sky spy is cheating though, I hope Rovio helps you out.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Anytime… I’ll be satisfied if I make it into the Top 3 this week, I’ve got two close competitors and one guy that’s clearly in front of me and not cheating ;)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast You don’t need a computer to have Facebook. You can very well do it on the device that you’re using to play Epic.

EDIT: You have spent 500$?? That’s…wow.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Speaking of mastery, how about……Mastery 20? I would certainly like the idea.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

I received a similar reply from Rovio support in regards to the cheaters at the top of my leader board (one has 1,000,000,085 medals and the other has 696,450).

They wanted a screenshot and I provided it.

At those amounts, it should be fairly obvious that you didn’t get that number of medals by grinding.

If both of those stay and aren’t removed, I will finish the week in 4th or 5th place.

Is it the end of the world? Of course not…but I hate cheaters!!

George

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Only if the level cap ends at 100 or 99 and there’s either a new island for pros, or a Hard mode, or at least eight more Chronicle Caves. :P

Also, I’d rather want all my classes at 15 first before they raise the cap again. D:

Pointless
    @pointless

I tend to think opponents are intentionally capped at M12 and this is not a bug. We all know many players have Birds M13-M15, but they do not show up this way in Arena. Their stats are capped at M12 as well, so it’s not just simply a matter of the display only showing M12 for higher Mastery Birds. Maybe this is an attempt to balance Arena, as it does give us players a decent chance against all opposition, and in fact an advantage if your own Birds are higher in Mastery.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    It is a possibility… although I don’t believe in it.
    None of us know how strong exactly the birds can be at M12, with maximum level, maximum enchantment and the best set items and the ideal banner set. So how should we know if a very strong opponent is only M12 with very high enchantments, or actually possesses the stats of an M15 opponent that is only shown as M12?

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

Thanks to everyone, like I said I have been viewing this website for awhile(4 to 5 months) and am amazed by the knowledge here.

@datguygamer

Thanks for the tip. I have known this(if very little else)&, unfortunately it’s my crusty old man principles that deterred me from Facebook and not anything else. I may eventually get one just for this game. Mastery level 20 would be something but I also have no wifi and when I log large amounts of time on SRC it adds up on the data plan. I have found your comments to be very knowledgeable, I do want to know how you keep your experience level down, for me it’s too late but I like how you seem not to play into rovio’s game. This I is smart playing since you are probably rarely grouped with level 60 opponents.

@pointless

That is interesting if they are doing it to balance the arena since they do so much to allow the unbalancing of the arena? By this I mean the cheaters

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 The highest you can reach is Level 99.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Well… Not legitly.
    But I don’t see why Rovio couldn’t disable that cap.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 we actually do know the strength of many M12 Birds, as many of us have the exact same L62/E10 Sets. I, like most of us, examine opposition before entering battles (maybe a hold over from the days when hacked Teams were prevalent and if you blindly entered a battle, you would be annihilated). I can compare my M14 ESeaDog, as an example, equipped with L62/E10 Scissors to the opposition, and note that the enemy stats are identical to the ones I had at M12. I even posted a picture of my ESeaDog in these Forums at M12 if you want to check yourself. Compare that to what you are seeing in Arena.

My E Sea Dog:
    2016-06-03-19-03-52.jpg

Arena Opposition (with the unfilled bar at M12 as we are all seeing):
    2016-07-22-11-19-39.jpg

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Because that’s the cap it can hit right now. The game is coded with a 256 bit encryption (aka 32 bit binary allocation integer) which only allows for 2,147,483,647 bytes of data, the exact amount of data needed for a program to cache it. That is also the same amount which all programs nowadays hit as max as going over it would nullify the value and thus return it as 0 thus sending the data structures to relocate on another code block thus signing an overflow condition. This essentially means if you try to force your way upto Level 100, you’ll be reset to Level 0.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    Ok – in that case, I didn’t know you enough and I do not know enough :P Sorry.

Empty M12 bar can only mean they’re either computer-generated (which doesn’t seem to be the case), or they never played for mastery beyond M12 (which is only possible if they levelled up to 60 with birds other than these three and never visited the Dojo), or they reached M15 and the game indeed caps them to M12. With the first two being pretty much impossible, I guess it IS capped then.

So if I meet an Elite Sea Dog that is able to deal more damage than 3458 damage and has more than 6527 health it’s likely a hacker?

@datguygamer

Yeah but… can’t they just remove a few bytes somewhere else in the code and allocate them to whatever portion of the code is responsible for the level cap? I’m a bit confused right now…
    One byte equals 8 bits, and a bit is either a 0 or a 1. The number ‘100’ in binary is ‘1100100’. That fits very well into a single byte so I don’t see why this should be a problem when there’s 2,147,483,647 bytes available… If anything I would expect a limit at the number ‘255’ since ‘256’ wouldn’t fit into a single byte anymore.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 That would be possible if they upgrade it to a 64 bit integer but that would also mean increasing the size of the game and that would mean problem to some players (downloads and all that). If you notice, the size of the game has been increasing by small steps.

In hex programming, a bit is 0A and each block of code requires approx 18 bytes depending on the positioning of codes. All those bytes would seem okay but at the same time, hardware limitations, software and device compatibility take up more space in a game than imaginable. Not to mention, since this game is online, server issues are directly programmed into the game to even take up more memory than you would normally think. So even though it might seem as such, not a whole lot of space is left to allocate and in some cases, some memory has to be kept empty to include additional OTS stuff like hotfixes etc.

Also about that one extra byte you are thinking about, that is not memory bytes, that is the method of encryption I mentioned which uses up about 50 or 60 Mb of the game data (depending on the game or the type of game). One more thing, to balance the game size, some bytes are broken and stored in the installer itself (.apk for Android and .ipa for iOS).

There is no game in the world right now (to my knowledge) that runs on a 256 bit integer as it’s incredibly complex. However, the only two software engines that do you use it are SAP and Google own DNS framework itself.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 I would think you are correct in that assumption (right now, at least). I don’t see any opposition higher than M12 right now. I also will say that Rovio has done a good job weeding out these hacked players (not cheaters who change their League scores, however, as we all know). This may be due to the introduction of the APR, but no matter the reason, it has been a change for the good.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@smwforever45 I have encountered @pointless but his birds were capped at rank 12. I have also met other players who I know have stronger birds but they show as 12. However yesterday the computer through a rank 14 at me. I think it was computer generated because the banner was non set.

@pointless
    I did also encounter a player they had a name which I forget. The power listing was 282. The birds were much more powerful I could not view the banner power, it just would not show. I thought I would give them a miss but I could not. My game was locked so I had to play or force quit. I chose the cowards way out. I am furious with myself for not taking a screen shot. Definitely hacked I will look out for them.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Apologies to every one I have not looked in here for a few days so trying to catch up. Regarding Sky -Spy I reported him in season 1, 2, 3, 4 I got bored and so haven’t bothered since. He cheats in every way possible.

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley I also encountered the same opponent yesterday, twice. I had the same feeling as you, that the 282 was way too low for the Birds. I also could not view the Banner detail, and also had to hard close to exit the preliminary screen both times. I would think this was a hacked Team, but did not take a screen shot either.

Interesting about the computer generated Team being higher than M12. I will definitely keep a look out the next time I encounter one.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 851 through 875 (of 1,143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.