Arena Season 7

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 551 through 575 (of 1,143 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer @kennymcc Yup, I meant Nature’s Blessing with NB.
    Like you guys say TH for Treausure Hunters or TJ for Time Jump :P

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley @jim151 @smwforever45 @mimi27 @pointless @suzyq @angryde

To fellow coin toss losers :

After losing 90% of the coin tosses since the last update I tested Blues Cheaters set. Since I completed my objectives and had 3 lives left I played until I lost 3x and kept stu-tis-tics.

Out of 24 matches

I lost 15 tosses including 7 in a row.
    Cheater set changed 7 of these tosses to a win.
    I was able to climb from 12th to 3rd because the spread from 1st to 12th is only 6k. Theory : it is more fun to win the toss.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I can confirm what @kennymcc found out.
    I suddenly win coin tosses again. So far I won 4 out of 6. I do not use Cheater. Still playing.

EDIT: 6 out of 8 wins now. For me, it’s back to normal! :D

EDIT 2: Just lost 5 tosses in a row… Nothing is back to normal. :(

EDIT 3: After 7 losses in a row I got two wins in a row. Then a loss… and that was my 3rd strike. :(

In total, that would be 18 tosses, and 8 of these were wins. That would be closer to a fair toss than what I had before (44-56), but the sample size is quite small.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds I have the fuzzy dice but I cannot bring myself to use it. A coin toss should be a 50% win. At the moment I still win virtually every match even though I lose the toss. When Rovio lifts the cap on rank 12 I will not keep this up if I lose the toss 99.9% of the time as now. If the toss remains fixed I will stop playing the Arena. I don’t mind it being challenging to win but it should be fair.

Pointless
    @pointless

Coin is still rigged for me, and I must say I am quite enjoying using Cheater with Skulkers right now. Helped immensely in the KO three in a single turn Objective I got today (for the first time). Made me win almost every toss, and due to the fact that Blues equipped with the L62/E0 Set is weaker than Chuck, he gets the brunt of the onslaught on the opponent’s turn, leaving the Chili ripe for my Wizard on top of Skulker’s support being applied upon himself, first turn, before being obliterated.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless You realise of course that once everyone has spent LC trying to get the set and then some will spend to enhance it, the rigged coin toss will be corrected.

I know I could win the toss if I used it but, even though this is only a game, I don’t want to endorse the philosophy that it’s OK to cheat.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 I think that the coin toss has nothing to do with pure random. I think that the coin toss is effected by some events in the game. It is like pseudo-random that dont work how Rovio wanted to be.

BTW. My opinion on Arena system: I dont like it at all. There is no point of building stronger team with stronger banner and items. It is the opposite way :) It is good to have weak items to have better results in this system :D The coin toss is the worst thing of this system. It makes really really huge difference between the result if u win the toss or lose. Sometimes winning the toss means that u win the battle and losing the toss that u lose the battle.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    The coin toss isn’t random right now but I can think of no events that could – or should – affect the outcome.

Often I still win battles despite losing the toss… and sometimes I still lose battles despite winning the toss. I can’t completely agree with what you said, based on my own experience. I’m also better off with a strong team. My banner is the weakest link in my team – I definitely need to make it stronger. I couldn’t survive even just two turns with an even weaker banner, with all the enormous damage that Blues w/Artillery or Paladin w/Dragon do. I can’t play with two birds either. I am NOT a friend of Underdog. I need something to happen when my birds are KO’d, which frequently happens. I need them to either explode or resurrect. Just increasing health and attack of two birds does not make up for the difference that a third bird can make.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley Exactly right, mate. You hit the nail on the head. So cynical. Sigh.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 I think that coin toss was never random in this game and never will be :) It was and is like some very very strong PSEUDO-random, so the result was/is and will be never 50/50 :) I think that the result was/is and always will be effected by something that makes it far away from random results :)

I think u talk about some special situations. If u have enemy with similar power to yours and u win the coin toss, u win the battle at almost 100% chance. I didnt say that when u lose the coin toss that u will lose the battle. The chance of losing the battle is much much much greater if u lose the coin toss in general. The key is to know the system and outsmart it :) If u saw my video I built a team that can win almost 100% of battles (usually with 3 stars) even if I lose coin tosses if the game gives me enemies with similar power. Ofcourse there are other factors that can effect it. U can prepare some team that can cripple my team strategy but this is a special situation. Usually nothing is 100% :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

I made another example of coin tosses in Arena. This time 30 battles, it means 30 coin tosses :) Coin tosses won: 6, Coin tosses lost: 24. There were no any 2 won in a row. Last 12 coin tosses were lost in a row. Tomorrow I wil try to test the same example (30 battles) again.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I played 24 battles w/ the dice/coin set yesterday until I lost 3 matches.
    I lost 13 tosses including 5 in a row. The false coin reversed 4 of them giving me 14 winning tosses. 3 of the first 4 opponents also had cheater set but then I didn’t see it again. I never won more than 2 tosses in a row if you leave out the reverses.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@dallasreds So I see you are having a better time with your tosses. How is it going without the Set?

I think the coin toss is rigged and I counted every match without using the cheater set, here are the results of every day for the past few days, and you can really see it

coin flip
    loss – win
    24-6
    18-4
    22-9
    20-3
    16-4
    18-4 <- today ( still may play a few more but really feeling angry about that, lost from the 3rd win until i reached the 16th loss non stop)

I exclude every game i lost due to cheater set, so in total i lost even more games than the ones shown above, and i also do not count the ones i win/lost with cheater set, the strange thing is that with cheater set it looks like 50/50 same as before, without it is like 20% win rate , so this is really infuriating

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley of course, that is why I am investing nothing towards Cheater. It is simply nice to win the toss for a change. I also quite enjoyed having Chuck up for the first two turns, as the devastation of his Rage using Twin Lightning L62/E10 made the Objective quite simple.

Not sure I agree about the Set being “cheating”, although I understand where you are coming from.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless of course it’s nice to win the toss. My match time has increased far too much because I don’t, which is irritating. I’m glad you see what I’m objecting to – the set is even called “Cheater”.

I played your new line up. I lost the toss but won the battle. Your level was capped at 12, which I know is not so. It may have been different otherwise, but on the other hand I’m not daft enough to leave your Chuck standing.

orinocopl
    @orinocopl

Out of seven fights in last 20 minutes I lost coin toss five times.
    No comment…

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley I am somewhat amazed you faced my Team including Skulkers/Cheater, as I just made the switch yesterday out of frustration with the toss. A pretty pathetic Team, really, as I am against Blues in general in Arena, and coupling that with Chuck is generally a recipe for disaster. I do much prefer my usual Power Team of Paladin/Wizard/SeaDog or a balance of Wizard/Witch and the Wardrobe….oops, meant Capt’n. I still love the two turn Win from the former, yet the lopsided toss seriously upsets the pleasure. Hopefully this will all be past us soon.

Anonymous

@pointless
    Curious: What sets do you usually use with that power team these days? Dragon, TL, Gladiator? Ever switch to Mana Shell for Chuck against certain teams?

Anonymous

@bubbley
    Hey, I just borrowed your GPM! Let me know if it actually says that on your end, I’ve always been curious, and most of my FB friends aren’t Nesters!

Pointless
    @pointless

@poptimus my Power Team is almost always Pala/DB, Wiz/TL and SD/Sc, although you are right in surmising that occasionally MS is substituted in, dependent on the opposition.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@poptimus yes I got the notification. Thanks.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless twice now. Certainly less formidable than your usual set up.

Anonymous

@bubbley
    So it IS real!

Pointless
    @pointless

Wondering when Resurrection changed? Now has a chance to proc more than once per turn (had an enemy TBird with Reborn revive three times in the first turn). Not a welcome change, as the Emblem will become the de facto choice, as if it isn’t prevalent enough already.
    Even more deadly, it would seem, with Chuck’s new Set.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 551 through 575 (of 1,143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.