Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 194 total)
  • Replies
  • DD
    @toolow

@pointless True. However, I only have a dozen of those compared to a nice stock pile of 650 Chili Cakes (which I will probably burn through much more quickly than I realize).

@shapokomanbeast
    Somehow I always have the mental picture of you as the Beast tearing apart the porkies like paper shred; and that’s the easy way. :) Anyway, when you referred to Mighty Eagle Potion (instead of Favorite Dish), I was thinking of MEPs commonly known as Members of the European Parliament here in Blighty…

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@toolow
    Please have respect for our next president.
    His stage name and what we shall refer to him now IS T-RUMP.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@toolow

I had no idea it was called Mighty Eagle’s Favourite Dish. I probably knew this info at some point but there’s only so much room in my brain so that stuff falls out sometimes? Although I’m sure Members of the European Parliament would deal with this Knight of the Living Dead character just as swiftly as I’m sure he is in violation of many parliamentary laws?

Pointless
    @pointless

@dallasreds I thought it was T-Rump-shizzle, makin’ like the “white working class” that made him be there.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Honestly I am with the “use potion on this nightmare” team.

Is this really “balance”? None of the birds will get 13078 HP even after reaching M70/L70 and this pig only needs two turns to deal such a monstrous damage AND has a critical chance that lasts for 3 turns and we need chance based RNG to stun the pig effectively. Who thought that it was a good idea? I can get behind the fact that Chronicle Cave pigs are supposed to be stronger than the map ones but this? 328970 HP?

@kennymcc
    @smwforever45 Yes, let’s just wait and see. @jamairoqui said they took couple of weeks and seems like I am gonna miss out on the Winter event and maybe some mastery progress I made. In case they don’t reply after one week, I’ll send them another ticket. Hopefully @dallasreds gets his problem solved as well.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

FWIW, it took me around 20 chili potions to get through the final cave level. I used Samurai with Titan Grip, Tricksters with Artillery, and then a fb friend, I forget who, had a mid-range Bard (like L55 or so) with Nightmare. So I would attack with Samurai first, then Bard, and if neither one of them stunned the KoLD pig I would use a chili potion and use Trickster rage. It took a long time, and although it was 3-stars, my score was about 1/3 less than the two (I think it was toolow and shapoko) who also finished the level.

I thought maybe you could do it without rage chilis by using Samurai and Cannoneer together. Samurai’s shield gives a minimum of 40% less damage. Combine that with Steel Wall set for an extra 10% reduction in attack power. Then Cannoneer makes the attack 20% less effective to begin with. That brings it down to less than 5000 damage for a non-critical hit, which is survivable for a L61/M61 bird with a L62 set. I suspect a L70/M70 bird with a L72 fully enchanted epic set could even withstand the critical hits. But if one of your fb friends just happened to have a Trickster available, you could use him to debuff the KoLD so he wouldn’t do critical damage (when I tried it nobody had a Tricksters so I couldn’t debuff KoLD and eventually he killed everybody, but it worked for a few turns). Of course, every 3 turns you’re using a pig cherry juice to restore whoever got slammed, but maybe that’s better than rage chilis because there are places to get 3 cherries on the map, but none to get 3 pumpkins.

This kind of goes back to my theme that what Rovio is trying to do is make all the sets and hats valuable so you will want to pay money to have them available for game play. For example, in the treasure chest event a week or two ago, I wanted the Elite Rogue or Elite Druid (since I use the Venom set a lot) but after spending about 100 FEs spinning the wheel I gave up and took the Elite Cannoneer it kept giving me. I was a little annoyed, but here I find that EC comes in handy if you are using the Samurai-Wall/Cannoneer strategy on KoLD. Or, instead of obsessing about ABE gear, you could just make your car payment. Or buy your kid some new shoes. Or food.

@datguygamer
    I think I lost my progress maybe two days before the end of an event (it was the one with Illusionist as the reward). So I whined a little and Rovio gave me the LCs to buy the hat. But I was still out the mastery. So if you whine nicely, they might compensate you. Especially since you can argue that you’ve always gotten the event reward so there is every reason to think you would have this time as well.

DD
    @toolow

@jamairoqui Definitely not me; didn’t even get pass 18-1.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer @pointless
    I wrote about the strategy to the defeat the final boss here https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/angry-birds-epic-v1-5-5-is-out/page/3/#post-174890
    U r right that his is OP :) but u know it is final boss, and he is not unbeatable. It is good that players must think to preapre good strategy to defeat him. And ofcourse with help of some Chili cakes (not tons of Chili cakes) as I for example did.

@datguygamer
    @dallasreds I used BIG LETTERS when writing subject in my ticket when asking for restoring my progress and it seemed that they reacted faster ;) Sometimes only 2 days of waiting :) but once I had to wait 1 week.
    U both lost your progress the same way, when u confirmed that “EPIC” message? A u were sent to the very start of the game to level 1?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@jamairoqui
    U can read about my strategy in the post above :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui Yeah, if they don’t respond back, I will mail them again.

@kennymcc
    That’s a good strategy but still it has a luck factor. i was the one who tapped on an epic message and got my progress screwed. i don’t know dallas has the exact same problem or not.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    There is quite low chance that either TH (using LB def ability) or Bard do not “stop” the boss. If not, I used Rage attack with TH to stun the boss. As I wrote I needed only 3 extra Chili cakes to do the job :)

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer

@dallasreds

The tickets that I opened with your references have been closed without comments. I don’t know if that means your tickets are being looked at.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

For the first time in long I LOST a cave battle… 18-7 to be precise. Smashing through with Paladin, Wizard and Spies doesn’t work anymore :( I need the Treasure Hunters.
    I hate Cave 18’s cave effect so much :(

EDIT: I lost again, despite bringing TH and Chuck with the Reset set… the pigs just deal so much damage! ;-;

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

Sorry to hear about your game issue — that well and truly sucks.

What happens if you restore someone elses backup file and then log in under your own ID? Will that keep the progress? I imagine we were fairly close on progress? Let me know if you want me to try to get an Android adb backup file of the game for you. I’ll just need to install Epic on my Android tablet again and then adb in to grab it…

You’d think they would have a backup — they did for me when my Go! game got hosed, even if it was a month old.

Good luck!
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@smwforever45

I really hate Cave 18 as well. Took me forever to realize what Fortify was doing.

I did make it through, mainly with Wizard and Spies — Blues has a very nice weapon that I maxed up to 10 with my shards. Was able to get through just using the built-in friends.

But I totally used a Mighty Eagle Dish on the final boss. Screw that noise. Now I’ll finish getting to 70 and see what this Wild Board stuff is all about in Cave 19. After that is cleared? I’ll have to really think about uninstalling Epic. Just not fun, and the Cave nerf completely nullified my desire to grind (a desire that was fairly non-existent at this point, anyway).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@pointless

@datguygamer

That beast at the end of 19 is really something, but you can just keep him asleep the whole time. Will still take forever to beat, but I have 900+ rage cake slices (and plenty of snoutlings to buy more).

Still, I’d probably just use the Mighty Eagle on him. They could have made it worse by giving him a reviving friend that would throw off Blues rage ability. Even then, though, you could take Porky with you and bomb the friends to oblivion.

Really, really stupidly-overpowered boss, though… I love that he hits harder than any bird could ever survive, yet they also gave him a critical buff. Moronic. I might not bother to finish out Cave 19 at all. This is just tedious.

EDIT: Heck, I will probably just use all my LC on ME potions (I already have 35) and finish out Cave 19 that way (using ME whenever I get in a bind to finish out a level. When pigs his so hard they can one-shot Chuck, that really irks me. Soooo glad I exploited the Golden Pig bug way back and didn’t give Rovio anything more than ad views… This crap is almost enough to make me give up on in-app-purchase games entirely (heh, are there any good NON-in-app-purchase games any more?).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 @toolow @sutekh137 @shapokomanbeast @sutekh137 @jamairoqui @bubbley @suzyq @pointless @dallasreds @angryjohnny

I’m back in business (and didn’t even lose a thing) & here to stay. Thanks to everyone for the support and comfort. Yashoo! :D

@sutekh137
    Doesn’t work. Since you are logging in with your account and if it is reset, logging in will just erase your local save and instead store the new cloud one.

Epic (and also ABO, AB SW II, GO!) stores both local save and cloud ones but once you log in to a Rovio account, no matter how many times you load a local one, if you try to load that into your cloud, the cloud will take precedence and erase the local. If you don’t want that, just keep your local save as local and never upload it.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 It was 19-2 that destroyed me… dear God!

@datguygamer
    Thank God, mate! Even though I’ve been away for work I joined my fellow nesters in (our) collective howl of outrage. Submitted a ticket and an exceedingly strongly worded note about your predicament! ROFL XD

Suzy
    @suzyq

@datguygamer

Fantastic news that Rovio managed to restore everything without anything lost and also you are staying :) :) :)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

Excellent! Glad to hear you are back in business, and thanks for the info about local vs. cloud — I never had a clear picture on all that.

Not sure I will join you in continuing this money-grubbing game, though. I’m going to finish out Cave 19 and then will probably uninstall. As you already pointed out, they have the game set up to go to level 80 at some point, so even if I make any headway toward mastery 70, they’ll just tack on another ten level in 4-6 months (is my guess). And with grinding now that much more nerfed/tedious…really, what’s the point?

Like I’ve been saying for a while, it is clear (to me, anyway, and really just my opinion), it’s time for Epic 2. But they won’t do that because it costs too much to develop something brand new (and they’d probably just reset everyone and call it “version 2.0” like they did with Go!). It’s much easier to keep fleecing folks who have nothing better to do than let themselves be $1.99’d to death.

Thanks for all you’ve done (and everyone, really). This more recent frustration aside, Epic has been fun (still no Bad Piggies, though *wink*).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Hey all,

I honestly think a recent mini-update (stay Epic!) made auto-play dumber. On Saturday morning I auto-played all the way to level 65 with Wizard and Spies and lost maybe twice on auto-play. Going from 69 to 70 this morning I’d say I died half the time. In watching the fights, the idiot birds just sat there buffing each other while a Samurai pig kept dispelling. Paladin and Sea-Dog were even worse, dying on stage 3 of the 5-stage level.

I know auto-play was always pretty brain-dead, but this is ridiculous…

Thahks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryde @suzyq @sutekh137 Thanks again. I was really worried that this was the end but all you people actually gave me hope that I would get it back (since this is the first time that this thing happened to me).

Also, now there are Mastery/XP levels upto 100. Now I would call that a bad thing but given how they reworked the Chronicle Caves, you need that Mastery boost as your XP boosts are minuscule compared to the pigs. People are getting rekt by the cave 19 boss (and I haven’t even started Cave 18). Think about what happens when they release Cave 21…yeah…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sutekh137 Epic v2.0 happened when they reworked the entire upgrade concept to introduce the mastery thing. This time was Epic v3.0 when they aligned it to the XP levels.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer
    Yay! Don’t know if our tickets do any good but, hey, you’re back in business. Now we’ll have to see what happens to @dallasreds’ game progress.

angryde
    @angryde

@toolow Hells yeah, DD, now we just gotta pound Rovio until @dallasreds is restored! Agreed!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.