Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 194 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Thanks for the help. Well what they basically suggest in their website is to basically send them a ticket mentioning either your Rovio account or your Facebook account or both as the “click here” takes anyone to the “Submit a request page”. In my ticket, I mentioned my Rovio account but didn’t mention my Facebook account because I thought maybe that was not important. But if I try that now, I’ll have to open a new ticket and thus this whole process will be shifted further. So basically the easiest solution at this point is to wait for their reply. Once they ask me about my Facebook account, I will provide them that via my response if my Rovio account is not enough. That way I can provide them more info through my old ticket (as you cannot directly update your ticket with more info unless they once reply to you). However, in order for that to happen, they have to reply first. That is the main step. :/

Also, I can help you with game files and such but I need some time to ease off from this fiasco. Hopefully you’ll understand.

For now though, the main steps has always been: Loading up the files (apk or obb) you want to break in their respective tools (because each method requires a different kind of method), searching for bytes (for example, for mastery before it was patched I used to search for the bytes 7A 00 0B CE which took me directly to the mastery portion of the codes) or quadrants (in Android at least, an obb file contains 6 quadrants with each one having 4 sub quadrants), getting positive reply back from the tool regarding your search, using another tool to extract/edit those values so as to get images, codes in understandable languages, texts etc.

Thank you again for your endeavor regarding our problems.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer Of course. That’s why I suggested waiting for things to settle a bit. I’m certainly not going to do anything just yet before I calm myself down over the next few days. Perhaps when I can get some time in a week or two, I’ll go over what you’ve mentioned. Thanks for the heads up.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Thanks, your words are giving me hope. I really want to get my progress back during the winter event but if I can’t, I would still consider myself lucky to get my progress back anyway. What did they ask from you? Rovio account or Facebook account or both?

@toolow
    No problem. It’s the least I can do for someone who’s willing to go that extra mile for me. Start by downloading a hex editor and messing with the obb. That will give you a good idea as to where to go next.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@datguygamer

I just remembered I lost all my progress as well 7 months ago. I wrote about it on Epic Bugs Page 107 near the bottom of the page. It also happened to a couple of other people at the same time. We all got our progress back. I don’t do Facebook but I do have a Rovio account.

I think I forgot because there have been so many problems with the game since then it paled into insignificance after battling with cheaters for the last two months.

Anyway having remembered I do now feel really confident that they will be able to sort it out :) :) The worst bit is waiting for them to answer you :(

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq Thanks for the comforting words. Hopefully I’ll be back in Epic.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@datguygamer @toolow @smwforever45
    That “Official Response” I posted was entirely fabricated (with the exception of the words “never intended”, which is a direct quote from an actual Rovio response to complaints we made after an update not too long ago).

If you found yourself considering that my extremely offensive joke response might actually be real, even for a second, then you might want to seriously take a look around for a different game whose developer is a bit more respectful of players and responsive to their concerns. You all are a fine representation of the best, most patient, loyal gamers a company could want, and there’s got to be some devs out there that don’t follow the abhorrent practice of rewarding player efforts by constantly devaluing accomplishments and moving the bar higher and higher instead of adding actual gameplay enhancements.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@epicgrindr You win the award for singlehandedly deceiving almost 8 people here with that joke. You deserve a grand theater style clap. Also, I didn’t find that offensive at all but maybe their employees will.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@datguygamer
    Sad thing is that anyone considered they could actually say anything like that. Even though we all know that is what they really think, lol.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

My situation is slightly different than datguygamer.
    My Epic progress is current but if log into FB, my friends show up but then all of my Epic is gone. Epic simply starts over as if I have never played,

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@dallasreds That means then your Rovio account save and your Facebook save (apparently they do that) files are conflicting with each other. That’s why logging into one boots you out of the other. Unfortunately, mine is completely gone.

@epicgrindr
    At this point, anyone will believe that’s what Rovio is capable of saying.

David
    @davidt18

I’m wondering now that max lvl is 70 is the max mastery also 70 or if they screwed up like before and its 71? I have a ways to go, only at lvl 68 and barley ranked my wizard to 62.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@davidt18

The extra mastery was a glitch but Rovio decided to let it slide probably knowing they were going to raise it anyways. I guess we won’t know for sure until someone reaches that point.

@epicgrindr

I knew it was a joke as soon as you said monthly car payment but it was still very good and I could imagine it if you had a long profanity laced derogatory comment they were replying to. Hope you reconsider after awhile but I understand if you are scrapping it completely. I was almost there myself

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@epicgrindr
    I too realised the joke only a few minutes after reading. XD
    The fake letter read like it came from the bottom of Rovio’s capitalism-possessed heart, so I believed it at first. But I identified the letter as a hoax as soon as I read that they would improve their coding upon buying a lot of LC’s. I don’t believe that. They will never improve their coding even for a million dollars :P

@toolow

You can try sending the response to a newspaper. If it gets published then Rovio will need to explain how their latest actions would point in a different direction :P

@datguygamer

I’m happy you’re waiting it out, buddy :)

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Before V1.5.5, in CC when one of your birds got stunned by a cave threat (e.g., CC4, or CC13), if you have Tricksters or Rainbird and buffed the stunned bird, it wouldn’t revive them so they could take their turn. However, I just noticed the buff for Tricksters works in CC, and a stunned bird gets revived. Does anyone know if this is a bug that got fixed before V1.5.5 and I never noticed until now, or is this new for the latest version?

I also see that if you have the Mana set for Chuck, it grants immunity to the cave threat. So that seems to be different as well because I don’t recall ever seeing the stun trigger and getting a bird to be immune.

@datguygamer
    What you are going through happened to me a while back. It took Rovio maybe a couple of weeks to sort things out, but they were able to restore my account. I think I lost a couple of weeks of progress at most. It is extremely frustrating though, since it took them a while to sort things out.

Pointless
    @pointless

@jamairoqui a cleanse has always worked in some Caves, but not others. I can’t remember the exact Cave numbers, but the vine stun can be removed or Mana-countered, but the quake cannot be removed (although this sometimes hits the Pigs as well, so is up to RNG luck).

@epicgrindr
    I find it very telling that so many fell for that. It’s not that any of us are dull (despite what Rovio tries to pull on us), but that we are all so jaded by what they have done in the name of “improving the game” (which is their way of saying milking more revenue from us). We all know that your fake response is what they are really saying, although they would never put it on virtual paper. You will be missed :(

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    They do not need anything extra to restore your progress because u write evrything needed in the ticket (I think that your registred email-account is enough information for them). I always asked them to restore most advanced progress possible. I also wrote them exact time (I mentioned that the TIME was in my country :) due to possible different time-zones :) ) when I lost my progress.

Pointless
    @pointless

This is what awaits at the end of Cave 19 for all not there yet. Be prepared!

2016-11-26-11-47-32.jpg

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@pointless

I didn’t even try to defeat him honestly, Mighty Eagle Potion all the way?

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@pointless is it even possible to beat cave 19 boss without mighty eagle?

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@datguygamer
    I really hope Rovio can get your file right.

@epicgrindr

Congrats on a job well done.

Pointless
    @pointless

@shapokomanbeast me as well, got ’em, why not use ’em? :)

@sam-spargo
    yes it is possible, but you’ll need luck and Chili Cakes. Use Bard w/Nightmare, Red w/Grand Slam and a Blues. Be ready to use Chili on Blues whenever needed to keep the Boss stunned and keep hammering away.

Alternately, a Team including Lightning Bird w/Chrono and Treasure Hunter stands a chance as well, but is obviously also luck dependent.

DD
    @toolow

@epicgrindr
    What happened to the internet? I thought rumors and falsehoods spread like wild fire and this is global “news” by now with Trump promising to prosecute evil Rovio :) (Sorry, had to bring in Mr. “T” here) Admittedly, I do yearn that the response is true given Turing, Valeant, Questcor et el. It would have been gold (or Rhodium as some would put it). Any how, good one! XD

@smwforever45

They would have lost count long before they get to a million and never get to the coding part. As for the publication, Rovio might just refer you to “How Blind Spots Sink Leaders: 2 Remedies From Microsoft And Rovio To Sustain Your Leadership Edge” by a great grandniece of Thomas Edison no less.

DD
    @toolow

@shapokomanbeast

@pointless

I’m shocked that you had to throw MEPs to get through them.

Pointless
    @pointless

@toolow didn’t have to, just did. Have over twenty of them, and what else are they for? I have outlined strategies that will work, but you will need potions to beat this Boss.

And Rhodium indeed :)

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@toolow

Not sure if you’re joking or not but yeah I have often taken the easy way out, don’t judge me Lol?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.