Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 194 total)
  • Replies
  • Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

Yes, Mastery 100 is probably required to do well in the Caves, but how on earth are you going to get there?

To go from 60 (which many/most folks weren’t even THERE yet!) to 80 will take, what, 250,000 mastery points or so, per class? Then 80 to 100 another…300,000 per class? That’s 1100 Dojo buys _per class_, minus whatever precious little you can knock out grinding. Even if you are religious about visiting the Dojo and get in 6 or 7 visits a day, at, what, 5-6 snoutling buys before it all goes LC, that’s 30-40 +500 mastery buys a day = 15,000 to 20,000 mastery per day. That means to take a class from 60 to 100 will take something like three weeks. How many classes do we have? 30? so that will be 90 weeks before everything is good to go, and that’s with a never-miss-the-Dojo schedule. (It’s also 2.3 million snoutlings, incidentally…).

Sure, you might be able to get that down to 60-70 weeks with lots of grinding, doing well in events, and also using any extra LC on Dojo buys, but that’s still over a year of same-ol’ same-ol’ gameplay.

If that year were spent doing something new and challenging, then maybe, MAYBE it could be fun. But what is new or challenging about grinding Mouth Pool (if it even stays remotely lucrative) and setting your alarm for every three hours to never miss a Dojo refresh?

In summary, “No thanks.”

Yes, these changes could be considered “new versions”, but I am talking about a whole new game (like Angry Birds 2 — whole new app). At this point I have no idea what a long-term player sees in gutting/grinding it out (granted, I don’t play the Arena, but what folks say about that is largely negative in nature, too).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow I told them in one of my replies about @dallasreds and they said that they are aware of this issue and hoping for a fix soon. They even copy pasted that “I can’t connect to Facebook while I’m signed in to my Rovio Account” from their site to show that they indeed know about this problem.

While I think his progress is okay, he is having trouble with FB friends. So at least he has one less thing to worry about. Hopefully they work this problem out soon. With the recent changes, one needs strong FB friends to fight those CC pigs.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sutekh137 I entirely understand how you feel but given how the market nowadays is saturated with Freemium titles, it’s expected that they want you to shell out cash in exchange of these in-game items. I also don’t think it’s possible to reach max mastery without using a considerable amount of Lucky Coins if one wishes to ditch the grinding.

Since you have a lot of coins, don’t leave just yet.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

Oh, I DID have a lot of LC. Now I have under 100. So, that’s not going to keep me around. And I am done with continuous grinding, regardless of where it is and what it yields. My current 70,000 snoutlings are a drop in the bucket for what I’d need to gain any appreciable mastery (and I am done worshiping at the every-three-hours Dojo altar anyway)..

So, once I am done with Cave 19 (I can get in three battles a day using Porky, Pigiana, and McCool), I’m probably done. That means three more days… Just for craps and grins I might try to kill the boss without using a Mighty Eagle Dish, but we’ll see. *smile* Wizard, Marksman, and Porky’s tit-for-tat might let me get him cleared in 15-20 rounds…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sutekh137 Hopefully you’ll reconsider.

Yocki
    @jacek-jedrzejowski

@sutekh137 why do you need to be at dojo every 3 hours? Isn’t it stack up? Because when I hit just after refresh I only get 3 or maybe 4 snout offers but if I let more hours pass I get over 10 offers.

@datguygamer
    congrats on coming back :D

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@jacek-jedrzejowski

Hm, I never noticed that before… I don’t really recall my morning Dojo visits (after having 7-8 hours to recharge) being any more lucrative in terms of non-LC offers.

Have I been missing this fact the whole time? If I wait days and days can I come in and rattle off dozens of snoutling-based Dojo buys at once?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

I’ll let you know. If nothing else, I’ll come back to say how the Boss battle went in a few days… *smile*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I usually use Paladin, Wizard, Spies team, but I always used Paladin, Wizard, SeaDog (with Finisher set) in Caves 18,19. I almost always used at least one Chili cake in every wave of battle. Never lost a battle there, but I was very close to it few times :) I lost Chuck once, he was fully health and was one-hit :)

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@smwforever45 try using samurai, druid and thunderbird.i always have samurai use his shield and thunderbird using his shock shield

Putte
    @puttekula

The only way to go is the mighty eagle. Fast and powerfull…. :o)

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Completed all 20 levels of Caves 18 & 19. I’ll be honest – I used potions in the regular levels since the enemies were just too powerful (I’m not that addicted to this game to farm Snoutlings daily for the mastery).
    In the boss levels, however, I didn’t use any potions – 3-starred them both using defensive strategies which I’ll explain below.

Cave 18 boss

Paladin with Grand Slam set
    Archmage with any set
    Princess with Sweet! set

Use Paladin’s support skill on all 3 of your birds, always use Archmage’s support skill on Paladin, use Princess to heal any and all birds that took damage. This way Paladin will take all the hits, but thanks to his and Archmage’s support skills, the hits will be weaker and the boss will take damage as well. If possible, use the Rage Chili on Archmage when the boss doesn’t have his support skill active and the curse is down.

Cave 19 boss

Knight with Protector’s Aura set (he needs to have AT LEAST 4633 health)
    Princess with Sweet! set (she needs to heal for AT LEAST 1544 health)
    Tricksters or Capt’n with any set

With Knight you attack the boss so the boss would always target Knight. Tricksters/Capt’n will dispel the boss’s support ability to drop the critical hit chance to 0%. When the boss is ready to attack Knight, use his support ability on himself (obviously). With the additional benefit of the Protector’s Aura set, Knight will only take 4632 damage. After the attack, you’ll have 3 turns to heal your Knight back to full health with Princess, that’s why it’s essential she heals for at least 1544 health. When the Rage Chili is full, use it on either Knight or Tricksters/Capt’n (I personally used it on Tricksters to stun the boss).

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@mighty-red-1 what are the stats for the cave 18 boss?

Suikyo
    @suikyo

Endless grinding!! I am out.

Pointless
    @pointless

@mighty-red-1 nice strategies…seems Rovio has at least lowered the threshold on the Boss levels so they can be 3-Starred normally, without excessive potion use, unlike previous Caves. I did 3-Star 18 that way, but quickly pulled a MEFD on 19 after seeing that monstrosity :)

Pointless
    @pointless

@sam-spargo here you go…not as intimidating as Boss 19. Just bring a dispel (I used Paladin, Lighting Bird and Tricksters, no potions, 3-Stars)

2016-11-28-19-21-29.jpg

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Just got a “Angry Birds need to restart to stay Epic” message. Wonder what they changed now :-/

BigMac69
    @bigmac69

@sutekh137 Referring to your long post above these were exactly my thoughts and I stopped playing Epic. I just uninstalled Epic and freed about 400 MB of space on my phone. Before this update I was really short of M61 for all my birds and I am not willing to do all this grinding for birds and gear again. Rovio will never stop increasing ranks, mastery etc. The new caves are next to unbeatable for me with only two birds because I do not play with FB. It is a shame to leave the game because I played almost since the start and I like(d) it a lot. But this update killed my motivation completely. It is like chasing a rabbit or something else you will never be able to catch.

Good luck to all other players! Your advise in this forum was always appreciated and very helpful! Keep up the good work!

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bigmac69

Yeah, I realize that I want a challenging game, but when the challenge is all a grind, then I start to fade out… The exact same thing happened with Angry Birds 2. Rovio is very proud of the fact that they release 20 new levels (each multi-room) every two weeks. To me, that’s just burnout-central because the levels start to feel like a chore for a completionist like me instead of something new and wondrous (I find the levels on AB2 VERY same-y, though your mileage will undoubtedly vary). So, AB2 got uninstalled months ago and I haven’t missed it.

I doubt it will be that clean of a break for Epic because I really have enjoyed it, even the grinding (to an extent). But now grinding is that much harder to get a decent yield from, and it looks like the mastery levels will eventually go all the way to 100. This tells me that Rovio has no intention of doing something truly new. They are going the way of Go! where they just re-jigger various game mechanics and attributes and call it a new “version”. The only truly new content are Chronicle Caves, and those are just (really difficult) variations on a theme — just another grind.

Still, the honest way of putting all this is that I have changed just as much as the game — I’m just burned out, mainly because of my completionist nature in game-playing. Someone just starting Epic today will probably find it to be pretty cool (though I’d imagine they would also find it incredibly daunting when they think of the time it will take to max out their character, if that is important to them).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I think I know what the Epic-message I posted about before did; the Arena boards now show the opponents correct again :-)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny But at the same time, it screwed the shop.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@datguygamer you mean that the drinks and cakes show the wrong type? Yeah seems like they unfixed what they fixed a few days ago in the shop ?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.