About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Gary S McD
    @garysmcdermott

@aeshna The destructo meter fills more quickly early in the match, by the last couple levels is barely fills at all. I figure that is their way to keep you from playing forever.

Also, once that you have filled it in a level, it fills very slowly until you are at the next level

My strategy has been to use my best birds (bombs if I got them) on the earliest levels (unless it is one that has very low value due to few targets) and get as many of them paid back as possible. It makes for good scores and can get you in the lead in the match.

So far I have won a few silver medals in the diamond league. I’ll use the gold up early for extra matches, then try and time my day around the 3-hour cooldown before I can play a match again. I have not seen anybody get 1000 points yet, maybe just lucky

I may come across as a bitchy jerk, but I enjoy playing the angry birds games and I would hate to see them turn into something different if, like I have seen happen with other franchises, they lose focus on the player and decide that we are just something in the way of them getting more ad sales. If you ever want to stroll through the yuck-fest that neo-pets turned into you would understand

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

When your weekly tournament starts, if we at that point don’t find any matching opponents that are in your league, the system might fallback to giving you someone from another league. Furthermore, the opponent might have been in your league when the matching was done on your end, and when that player later logs in, he or she is bumped to the higher one (because of 1st 2nd or 3rd place in the last tournament), but will still remain in your tournament. The stars they collect will affect you just like any other player in your tournament. I realize that this doesn’t look completely fair. Will look into in the future. Thanks for the input.

The destructometer is filled faster after a bird with higher level impacts on a tower. You get more score with these birds as well. Likewise the multipliers are lower on lower level birds. Player star rank does not matter. The pace it fills up decreases every time you fill it completely and get an extra card. Room completion does not affect it.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mvnla2

“Embarassingly polite” — I like that! I’m a firm believer in the another old adage: “You catch more flies with honey.” *smile*

You are the statistics King. Didn’t you do a ton of work on various parts of Epic, too? Like mastery levels, Dojo distributions, etc? Where do you find the time!

@aeshna

Thanks, I try to be polite but I actually think I am pretty blunt at times as well. But if do seem to be killing with kindness, see above! It’s why I’m covered in flies!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

cognitive
    @cognitive

While on the topic of scoring, I play usually 7:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 7:00 PM, and 10:00 PM :). I have noticed that I tend to do worse in the 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM rounds but well overall. Am I just overthinking it and its just a coincidence or the opponent selection algorithm takes into account the time the (recorded) match was played?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@sutekh137 — I’m a retired scientist, so I’ve got plenty of time, and figuring out how these games really work is interesting. But AB2 has got me stumped. I collected data on the rate the destructometer filled today, and sometimes it seemed that my opponents meter never filled, even though they were getting nearly as many points as I.
    [Edit]: BTW — I’ve been an active member of the nest for nearly 5 years, so that accounts for some of what you think is a high amount of contribution.

@bankler

BTW Bankler — I really object to the 3 highest spots on my leaderboard being taken by people who are really in a higher league. They will definitely keep me from advancing.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Speaking of strange league happenings…

I started on the Emerald League last Saturday. I had a free weekend, easy time at work (lots of meetings) and was able to play every 3 hours except at night. By Wednesday I had over 200 points, probably closer to 230.

I barely won a match Wednesday to Saturday, and won Emerald by 100+ points because of the lead I built earlier. In many matches I would hang tight and be defeated on the last minute by a three-card-Monte miracle. I did make more mistakes than usual this week admittedly.

On Saturday there seem to be an issue connecting to the mothership, I got a few connect errors. When I got thru I was told I was #1 this week and it moved me to the Diamond league :)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mvnla2

Five years or not, you have a high density of solid, meaningful posts in regards to several different games. Glad you are around the Nest!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Delano Jennings
    @delano-jennings

@cognitive I feel the same way. Not exactly those times, but I notice early in day I usually win(7/10 times) but in the afternoons I rarely win(3/10) especially lately.

Also do you hit fast forward when playing in arena? I noticed if I do it near the end of the game, when opponent is on last bird, that their meter gets filled multiple times & they go thru several more birds. I don’t know how many games I’ve lost when I’ve had a 50-100k lead & hit ff to see them go thru several more birds and jump up several 100k

I do like the extra bird when game ends & your not in the lead.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Here you go @bankler. From the arena today- Opponent and myself perfectly matched with the exception of 1 bird higher than mine.

First screen took me two birds and I cleared everything, not a rock left. This was the screenshot entering the second board. How is it possible for the opponent to net 1,376,856, almost a million points higher than me on a single tower, even if he used his +1 level bird?

Opponent’s moniker is Red #40084

Also, my next Arena match gave my opponent the extra card and additional birds at the end of the round even thought they were ALREADY WINNING. It seems every day I touch this game, the rules are changed.

View post on imgur.com

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

Hi.
    Posted somewhere else about a confirmed (you did) cheater named Carl in my tournament.
    He is still basking in first place.
    Will you award him only one star like you did last time or will he be allowed to win?
    Kind regards.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

“Will you award him only one star like you did last time or will he be allowed to win?”
    We can’t do that manually at this point. If he gets caught in the cheat filter again though, same thing will happen.

Proteus
    @proteus

Another weird things happens when i playing arena today. In my last 4 matches i’m going to battling the exact same opponents and the most annoying facts is he/she brings all 5 spells in the battle. So it guarantee me to lost a battle. Oh what a waste !
    Is everyone ever experienced the same things or is just me ?
    And sometimes i also lost my arena entry when i quit the arena, although i didn’t launch any single birds but sometimes i’m still get the ticket for doing that.

Thanks

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@proteus

@bankler

Duplicate opponents should really be fixed. I can actually report a happy tale for myself in the OTHER direction. I faced the exact same opponent last night, two times in a row, exact same environment/level. So, I got ten stars — twice. The opponent’s run was just very low scoring (I think he must have quit halfway through), and I Was able to double up his score even though I didn’t fling that well.

Facing the exact same opponent two times in a row = bad news, even if it ends up being advantageous once in a while.

And proteus, there is no shame in killing the AB2 game when you see an opponent with all spells. It won’t burn your entry ticket. Kill it and come back in and get a new opponent. I refuse to fight folks who bring three or more spells to the game. As another poster pointed out, it is pretty silly for Rovio to allow such mis-matches, especially when some folks are logging out and logging back in — taking even more of Rovio (and Facebook) server resources. Sadly, that probably just means that Rovio will fix it in the OTHER direction: they will could just seeing the opponent as a burned ticket if we try to quit out…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

Hi again.
    In that case, I beleive this Carl person has learned how to defeat your cheat filter, again.
    So bottom line is he will be permitted by Rovio to cheat his way into the gold medal this week!
    And honest participants are robbed by Rovio the opportunity of achieving this week´s gold medal.
    It is a sad story, and getting sadder still…
    Kind regards.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

I think I’ve caught a cheater today
    Two bombs

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

Hi.
    So, after this unsuccessful and messy update, Rovio has not been able to eliminate these type of cheaters?
    What type or kind of other cheaters should we be aware of?
    A good question would be what sort of mayhem we should expect in the next two weeks?
    Kind regards.

Gary S McD
    @garysmcdermott

Was there a pushed update last night?

Right now when I start Angry Birds 2, it goes to a new splash page with some neatly rendered birds, then gets stuck while it says “LOGGING IN” with a full bar at the bottom of the page.

I left it plugged in at this point for about 10 hours today and it was still stuck at the same place. Since then I have rebooted twice and it is still getting stuck at the same place.

Is anybody else experiencing this? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Gary

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@garysmcdermott

Did you update the app or have it auto-update?

On my iPhone I updated AB2 and now it doesn’t even run.

On my Android tablet (where I primarily play) I have NOT updated, and it didn’t force me to. It is still running fine. I don’t want to rock the boat because I am winning in Diamond League by about 75 stars currently and don’t want to risk getting locked out.

But updates are certainly afoot.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Gary S McD
    @garysmcdermott

@sutekh137

I had my android game tablet set up to auto-update… in retrospect maybe not the best idea

Hopefully Rovio will push a fix in the next couple of days, I hope that it does not require a newer version of android because the maker of the tablet is not planning on rolling a patch for a new version gah!

DDeck
    @ddeck

@Bankler,

I think you said that the opponents extra birds at the end would be fixed in the next update. It’s not. Just saw an opponent get two extra cards after having none left. The last of those was the ME (which also isn’t supposed to happen).

Perhaps is it is again just a display inconsistency, but the opponent is also showing the same two birds available at the same time, like two Bombs or two Terrences, and the game indicates that these are the birds they are indeed flinging.

With the myriad of tweaks and changes coming with each update, it really seems like you guys are struggling to find “your game” with this game. One bug fixed, two bugs introduced. I hope the monetization is working out for you guys.

DDeck
    @ddeck

duplicate caused by bad mobile connection deleted.

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

To those who reinstalled and got the update to work, did it delete your gems?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@bankler when you get the new update working, please knock this guy out of the league Chuck #7973. He is a cheater. He enters the arena with 5 birds of varying levels from 4 – 8. Miraculously, his birds all score over a million points with each throw.

Chuck_7973.PNG

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

5 spell opponents that score 7.6 million is why I quit. It was a regular occurrence for me to encounter.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Chuck#7973 for President :)

Is there any scenario that Chuck is legit – I mean, if you have Level 8 birds and score depends on bird level, and you have a rich target environment, it’s conceivable, is it not?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.