Daily objecties help thread

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Daily objecties help thread

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 267 total)
  • Replies
  • Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@mvnla2
    I’d do it, if I happen to be on anyone’s leaderboard.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@neomerlinmagic — Thanks! I know, how often have any of us been in the same league as anyone else on ABN. This was a first for me. It might also be interesting to find out if everyone in a league at a certain level gets the same objectives. Somehow I doubt this is true, but who knows?
    I will keep track of my objectives this week whether or not someone else from ABN is in my league.

mcmellll
    @mcmellll

I’ll track mine this week as well!

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I changed my name to ABN_Neomerlinmagic. Let me know if anyone sees me on their leaderboard.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’m ABN_MVnLA, but I don’t think there is anyone from ABN in my silver league this week, unless they play under a different name.
    As for tracking objectives, I am keeping track on my computer and will wait until the end of the week to post, otherwise there will be too many posts here, and it will be harder to compare, I think.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 It has been posted many times that the objectives are random and that people do not get the same objectives as others in their league. I can tell you how to change your objectives if you don’t like them, but this forum isn’t for cheating.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bubbley — I was really struggling today with knock out 3 birds while attacking your banner. Thankfully got it in one battle with your suggested team above. However, I’ve got to say that I came extremely close to losing.
    What I used:
    Cleric with Yin/Yang — Your suggestion of the sweet set would have worked a lot better.
    Thunderbird with Phoenix
    Captain with Sugar Rush (this might not be the best???)
    Banner was Mighty Head, blue flag with perfect balance, thorns. This is far from ideal, I’m sure, but I don’t have any good sets.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Just use a venom team with the blessed set and have your Rogues use cupcake trap on your banner if you need lots of healing. I like using Rogues and Mage which works really well especially if the enemy team use birds with multiple attacks like the Samurai.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 tough! I’m really pleased you came to understand the value of thunderbird/cleric combo. For this objective I have used thunderbird cleric and captain/ paladin / spies. To be honest it works but it depends on my objectives as a whole whether I chooses this route. It is actually easier with Mage princess rogues. Sweet set and both reborn sets if you have them. I change my emblem frequently it just depends on my opponent but my favourites are underdog, rage shield and weakness. My candy set is not my strongest level wise so I use scissors but I think sugar rush can be better. Yin yang has the advantage of dispel and the rage chilli fills more quickly.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKea
    1) I know that different people in the same league get different objectives every day. The question I am trying to answer is whether or not over the course of the entire week everyone in your league, or even everyone in a certain level, gets the same objectives. Has it been proven that you don’t? It would certainly make the competition a little more fair if everyone in the same league got the same set of objectives for the week.
    As I said on the previous page Annifrid and I were in the same league last week, but because we both started as the only player in our own league, and didn’t track all the objectives, all that can be concluded is that it is possible that we got the same set of objectives spread over the week.
    2) Thanks. I started out using a venom team, but I don’t have a Blessed set of any level, and I was losing battles. I will keep your advice in mind the next time I see that objective.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 The Blessed set makes everything a lot easier, but if you don’t have it a Sweet flag works well for healing.

The objectives are completely random every day. The odds on everyone in your league getting the same objectives is lower than your chance of winning the lottery multiple times. The game does not save the objectives you gave on one day and give it to another person in your group on another day. The fact that I can change my objectives any day I want is proof enough that it isn’t possible for everyone in a league to have the same objectives for the week.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 I am happy to keep track of objectives if you still wish to collect the information. Although after reading @killerkea post it would seem that they are completely random. I thought Rovio had solved the problem of people resetting objectives but obviously not.

@killerkea
    can objectives be reset after 1 or more has been completed?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Yes, objectives can be reset after one or more have been completed, but you go back to the score you had before completing any battles for the day. That in effect stops people from resetting objectives to get high scores. I used to reset my objectives when the game gave me an objective that I didn’t have the bird for. For example, whenever I got the Thunderbird and Cleric objective I’d reset my objectives. Technically this is cheating, but I don’t feel bad about it because I feel it is unfair to get an objective for a bird you don’t have.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mcmellll @bubbley — I forgot where I posted about the ojectives for this week, and ended up putting them in a different thread. I am still interested in seeing if the objectives for the week are the same for all silver leagues, or for everyone in the same silver league. I know the KillerKea has some pretty strong evidence that this isn’t correct. Perhaps there just aren’t that many different objectives???

Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

mcmellll
    @mcmellll

@mvnla2 @bubbley

here are my objectives from this week. i actually had to repeat the stone league :( – so i don’t know if having my objectives will help… but here they are (i had a surprisingly easy week thank goodness)!

Sunday, June 28 – Use Matilda Twice, Kill 30 birds, Win 5 with Druid class.

Monday, June 29 – Win 3 battles, Win 3 with 3 of your birds alive at the end, Win 5 with Wizard class

Tuesday, June 30 – Defeat 3 with Matilda, 3 without Bomb and Red, 2 with Red and prevent him from being knocked out

Wednesday, July 1 – 2 with Bomb, 3 without Bomb and The Blues, Knock 3 birds out with a single attack twice

Thursday, July 2 – Defeat 3 with Red, Win 2 battles during the enemies’ turn, Knock out Matilda 5 times with The Blues

Friday, July 3 – Defeat 3 birds with Chuck, Win 3 battles with 3 of your birds alive at the end, Win 5 battles with Rogues class

Saturday, July 4 – Win 2 with Matilda, Win 3 with 3 stars, Win and knock out Red 5 times with Red.

In my league
    Arekcen (cryllic or greek writing)
    unnamed player
    unnamed player
    amira
    unlead
    angrybugs
    Diag03
    QHermine
    M6uH
    Melllll (me)
    EeneMeene
    Alexvo
    Matula
    Lukas
    Joaquin

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 @mcmellll this is my week for silver league:

Sun: win 2 with Matilda
    Win 3 without healing banner
    Win 5 using Rain Bird

Mon: win 2 with Red
    Win 3 with Red and Bomb
    Win 3 with Red and prevent him being knocked out

Tue: knock out 2 with Matilda
    Win 3 with Chuck and Blues
    Knock out 3 while attacking your banner

Wed: defeat 3 with Blues
    Win 3 with 3 stars
    Win 3 in a row

Thu: win 2 without Chuck
    Knock out 30 birds
    Win 5 with Seadog and Spies

Fri: win 2 with Blues
    Win 5 with Matilda and Chuck
    Knock out Matilda 5 times with Blues

Sat: win 2 without Chuck
    Win 5 with Bomb and Chuck
    Win 3 by destroying banner with rage ability

Hope it’s useful. I am curious as to whether players without certain birds get asked to play them more often than those who do.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mcmellll @bubbley @KillerKea — I think it is still possible that everyone in the same league gets the same objectives for the week, although not for any specific day. If anyone on ABN has someone else from ABN in their league, it would be really interesting to make the comparison. For the time being I am willing to ignore KillerKea’s argument that this can’t be true, since it relies on using a cheat.
    I will (somewhat) gracefully admit partial defeat. I see virtually no comparison between McMeilli and Bubley’s objectives and mine. I thought there might be a shred of comparison, like the number of objectives that mention a specific bird or class, but Bubbley had many more of those than I did. The only hope remaining for that general a similarity is if two people have the same highest league obtained and are in the same level league, e.g. two players achieved diamond previously and are now in silver. I don’t propose to check for that unless someone volunteers. I got to platinum last season and will probably be in gold next week.
    However, that makes it even more interesting that when @annifrid and I were in the same league last week, we had the same objectives as far as we could compare them, and the number that did not match could be explained by the number we didn’t record (which was 5 I think).

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 I will continue to note my objectives. I can say that when @londojowo and I were in the same league I think we had both previously achieved Diamond so we were the same level.

Perhaps @killerkea doesn’t really believe objectives are completely random since in one post he/she mentions that he/she thinks Rovio deliberately asks players to use birds they don’t possess.

I think at the moment we need more data.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I think the objectives are random. But some appear more frequently than others.

I get the Sea Dog/Spies objective at least once every 2 weeks. Sometimes I get it in consecutive weeks. The Thunderbird objective is similar. But I think I have only ever had the Skulkers objective once.

I also tend to get the kill all birds with one attack at least once every two weeks. Again, this frequently comes up in consecutive weeks. And the same with knock out birds while they are attacking your banner.

A lot of the other objectives occur frequently, but others have only come up once.

So I really think that some objectives are weighted to come up frequently. And it just so happens that 2 of these involve the expensive LC classes.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley I also noted something different with your list.

I thought they may have changed this when they added extra objectives last season. But with the Sea Dog and Thunderbird objectives, for my version (level 20) it only lists 3 battles are required. Similarly the prevent red from being knocked out only requires 2 battles.

mcmellll
    @mcmellll

@mvnla2 @bubbley here is a little more information about my game that will maybe (?) help.

i got to the platinum league last season- but got a diamond trophy -? i’m in silver this week.

i’m level 45. most of my birds are 8s or 9s with the exception of druid & paladin (10) and stone guard (6).

i don’t have sea dogs or thunderbirds – and didn’t get those objectives last week- but i did the week before, which is why i repeated the stone league. :( my guess is that i will get one or both sometime this week. which goes along with what @kerravon said about having those objectives every other week. i’m trying to save my coins for at least one of them- i got lucky and rovio gave me 200 coins for data loss last season that moved me from 1st in my league to 12th on a saturday at midnight, so i’m close(r).

so far today i have a couple repeats from last week- defeat 3 birds with Matilda, win 3 with all birds alive at the end, and knock out 3 with a single attack (my least favorite objective besides seadogs/thunderbird)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mcmellll — You probably finished in the top 3 last season, so got promoted to diamond. I haven’t started the league this week, and won’t do until Mon. morning.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I can’t argue logically with someone who doesn’t think logically, but here is a thought for those that can think logically. Why would Rovio go through the trouble of saving the objectives of millions of players during the week to give it to other players later in the week when if they wanted things to be completely fair they could simply give everyone in that league the same objectives each day?

The extra programming and slow down of the system resources wouldn’t make sense to do things that way.

It is likely that some objectives may have a higher or lesser chance to appear than others. For example, an objective I got yesterday was knockout Mathilda with Blues 5 times. There are 25 possible combinations of that objective since there are 5 types of birds, but I think that objective has just as much chance to appear as an objective that doesn’t have any other possible combinations. One thing that is not random is that objectives can only appear in certain slots. For example, you will never get an objective that appears in the 1000 point slot in the 1500 or 3000 point slot. This way you can never get an identical objective in the daily 3 objectives.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon I certainly have not been getting LC classes of any sort every two weeks. However the one I get most often is Seadog and Spies always 5 times. I also have only had the Skulkers objective once but I thought that was because I routinely play with it. Perhaps not. As for prevent red being knocked out that sometimes is twice instead of three times.

I don’t think that objectives per league are the same over the week but I do think some are weighted to come up more often. I only use Chuck for certain battles but there are times when he figures constantly in my objectives. It may be my imagination so actually noting this information interests me. It also alleviates the boredom and frustration with the Arena.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea — I prefer to base my logic on real data, not suppositions. It has now been proven by hard data that
    1) People in the same league do not get the same objectives every day.
    2) People in the same level (e.g. silver) do not get the same set of objectives for the week.
    How do you explain the data that @Annifrid and I collected when we were in the same league?
    What I said on the previous page was:

@Annifrid and I were in the same league this week starting Tues afternoon. Before that we were each in a league by ourselves. Unfortunately neither of us kept track of the objectives when we were by ourselves. We did compare the objectives after that, and it is possible that we could have had the same set of objectives for the week taken as a whole. It wasn’t proven, but not ruled out.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Daily objecties help thread

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.